News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM in Kidderminster.....

Started by Will, February 16, 2016, 07:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reece

Quote from: Winston on February 17, 2016, 01:44:38 PM
Exactly my point, if not First who else is there to take them over if they were stripped from Diamond. The 303 is commercial anyway
Johnsons, Whittles they have plenty of space in there depot in Kiddy and I know they want Kidderminster work as well but like other companies they are put off because of Diamond.

Lukeee

Quote from: Reece on February 17, 2016, 04:39:27 PM
Johnsons, Whittles they have plenty of space in there depot in Kiddy and I know they want Kidderminster work as well but like other companies they are put off because of Diamond.

Central buses possibly,  don't they have an out station in Stourbridge to help reduced dead milage also

Will

Quote from: Lukeee on February 17, 2016, 09:30:14 PM
Central buses possibly,  don't they have an out station in Stourbridge to help reduced dead milage also

Wow where have you been lol they're based at Kidderminster now down by Sainsbury's have been nearly 12 months
Stourbridge   125

Roy

A report in the Worcester News has stated that Diamond have lost the contracts for three school services but have kept the contract for a fourth route.

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/14283796.Bus_operator_loses_its_contract_to_run_services_on_school_routes_following_complaints/

Perhaps that has been turned into a rumour about all tendered services.

Lukeee

Quote from: Will on February 17, 2016, 09:31:57 PM
Wow where have you been lol they're based at Kidderminster now down by Sainsbury's have been nearly 12 months

Whoops, my bad lol

don

Quote from: WN on February 16, 2016, 07:29:19 PM
Never gonna happen. I would actually be so surprised, it doesn't seem like NX to just randomly branch off. I mean they have no real background there. They had previous in cannock hence the 54.

WMPTE ran the X92 in 1986, using Leyland Lynx (Hereford and Worcestershire tendered service).
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

winston

Quote from: don on February 19, 2016, 12:39:25 PM
WMPTE ran the X92 in 1986, using Leyland Lynx (Hereford and Worcestershire tendered service).

And they used Timesaver liveried DP Leyland Nationals

don

Quote from: Winston on February 19, 2016, 12:44:12 PM
And they used Timesaver liveried DP Leyland Nationals

Yeah indeed - did any Metrobuses make that trip, I wonder?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

busfan2847

I have a photo I took on 2 May 1988 of 2359 (LOA359X) cresting Clee Hill on the 92 to Hereford (no X on blind)

Westy

When were Wmt/Twm/Nx buses first able to display X as part of a service number?

Tony

Quote from: Westy on February 19, 2016, 06:33:40 PM
When were Wmt/Twm/Nx buses first able to display X as part of a service number?

When they stopped using the old Birmingham City Transport A-L suffixes and changed to the A/C for circulars and E for short workings.

These reels had A C E N S W X on in addition to 0-9

Cedric

the  route then on a sunday was numbered the 192 or 292  if I remember right
diamond 8\10/125/292

Tony

Quote from: Cedric on February 19, 2016, 06:44:24 PM
the  route then on a sunday was numbered the 192 or 292  if I remember right

It was the X92 when this photo was taken and 1066 hadn't got an X on the blinds
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/gonebatches/1061-1316/1066.html

Dom

Quote from: Tony on February 19, 2016, 06:41:47 PM
When they stopped using the old Birmingham City Transport A-L suffixes and changed to the A/C for circulars and E for short workings.

These reels had A C E N S W X on in addition to 0-9

What did the final merc reels have?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk