News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Quote from: 0.5% on Today at 12:40:12 AMnot wrong though, they are a menace to a lot of people. has the new mayor actually said anything about cyclists , pro or against ?
The reason cyclists use the pavement is because the lack of infrastructure, our roads have been designed for cyclists and occasionally accommodated for cyclists , given the amount of accidents and overspeeding that occurs in the midlands, you can hardly blame a cyclist for not wanting to risk their life on the road. The cycling infrastructure is improving, but it's still poor in many areas
Other Operators / Re: Chaserider
Last post by BlackCountryBusSpotter - Today at 01:50:19 AM
Quote from: Tony on Yesterday at 09:21:06 PMSo you have no idea of the incident involving 1846 then? If so do you know what happened to the Chaserider vehicle?

The damage that wrote 1846 off was caused by it hitting a stationary object
Ah that explains why 1846 was written off 
National Express West Midlands / Re: Electric Buses
Last post by 0.5% - Today at 12:49:29 AM
Quote from: Wba_lad on May 10, 2024, 05:12:00 PMThere is a low bridge on the 28 so can't go on there
ok , thank you 
Quote from: spacecowboy150 on Yesterday at 11:32:27 PMso youre criticising cyclists for cycling on the pavement and the road? What are they meant to do?
not wrong though, they are a menace to a lot of people. has the new mayor actually said anything about cyclists , pro or against ?
Quote from: PhageyMcPhage on Yesterday at 10:06:13 PMAverage speed of buses about 10 to 12 mph.

Average speed of cycling about 10 to 12 mph.

Bicycles in bus lanes shouldn't be an issue.

Lol have you ever driven a bus in a bus lane with cyclists?

Your figures may well be true, but you're looking at averages over a distance and not considering the reality of the speed between bus stops for buses. 

You've put one of the biggest vehicles and one of the tiniest vehicles in one narrow lane and because the speeds are not similar, they're constantly overtaking each other. 
Garage threads / Re: Pensnett Garage
Last post by Jack - Today at 12:27:13 AM
Quote from: Bus_user_jay on Today at 12:21:16 AMSaw that 2102 was on the PN 2 last night - thought Volvo B7RLE's couldn't go on the 2 as they're never on the route? 🧐
They've been used every so often they just aren't first choice as it's a struggle. Even as the 222 I remember 0405N's and B7's making odd appearances when there was no smaller vehicles or Deckers available...
Garage threads / Re: Pensnett Garage
Last post by Bus_user_jay - Today at 12:21:16 AM
Saw that 2102 was on the PN 2 last night - thought Volvo B7RLE's couldn't go on the 2 as they're never on the route? 🧐
Garage threads / Re: West Bromwich Garage
Last post by OH25 - Yesterday at 11:35:56 PM
6956 on the 80 tonight

It was supposed to do the 23:25 departure from Town - it got to NS10 outside New Street and the road through to the markets was closed off by roadworks about 5 mins before it got there

The driver parked the bus in the road and got off and started smoking a cigarette and presumably ringing control for the diversion. He stated that it wasn't going to anywhere else in Birmingham and will be going straight back out to West Bromwich.

He proceeded around the loop and up to the Mailbox, Smallbrook Queensway and back out of Town. 

There's gonna be a fair few upset customers who have to wait an extra hour for the last 80 if it even goes to the markets and New Street with no explanation.
Quote from: Marge559 on Yesterday at 11:13:06 PMYes I'm sure the average speed of the X1 is 12mph... :rolleyes: More nonsense from one of Jeremy Vine's minions... We all know cyclists cause nothing but hazards and delays for buses, lorries and pedestrians. To this day I've not met one who could actually tell me what either Highway Code rules 64 or 71 say, let alone follow them! When you look at the amount of money wasted on these cycle routes which just sit empty, while they still use the road, and the absolute deathtraps waiting to happen that are "floating bus stops", over investing in dedicated busways, faster priority, bus gates and proper public transport interchanges, it's laughable and no wonder we are in this mess. 

so youre criticising cyclists for cycling on the pavement and the road? What are they meant to do?
Yes I'm sure the average speed of the X1 is 12mph... :rolleyes: More nonsense from one of Jeremy Vine's minions... We all know cyclists cause nothing but hazards and delays for buses, lorries and pedestrians. To this day I've not met one who could actually tell me what either Highway Code rules 64 or 71 say, let alone follow them! When you look at the amount of money wasted on these cycle routes which just sit empty, while they still use the road, and the absolute deathtraps waiting to happen that are "floating bus stops", over investing in dedicated busways, faster priority, bus gates and proper public transport interchanges, it's laughable and no wonder we are in this mess. 
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk