News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva Bus

Started by Tara4352, July 13, 2015, 04:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

CL

Post & Mail - 13/07/2018
SK18 TKX
https://flic.kr/p/292peMG

Trinity Church - 14/07/2018
SK18 TKX
https://flic.kr/p/Kthu4e
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Solo1

DJ

They're not all from Arriva, but I went to the open day at Tamworth today as well as a trip down to Coventry later on in the day, there's a few photos up on my Flickr now if you wanna have a look.  ;D

https://www.flickr.com/photos/145227801@N02/

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Solo1

CL

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

John

I love Walsall buses

Tony

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on November 15, 2018, 07:19:27 PM
https://www.flickr.com/photos/160193081@N04/45844560412/in/datetaken-public/

A couple of pieces of advice for you.

If you a using a phone or pocket camera you can generally not control the shutter speed, so you will generally get better photos if the subject is still, especially in poor light. Again because you will generally get a very slow shutter speed in poor light you will get camera shake blurring the photograph, so if you can rest your phone/camera on some railings if possible, or hold it against a lamp post.

You will see from the attached photo I took last night of 4535 it is possible to get a clear photoin this light. I did this by waiting for the bus to stop in traffic, then holding my camera against a bus shelter to make sure it remained still

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Tony on November 15, 2018, 07:32:58 PM
A couple of pieces of advice for you.

If you a using a phone or pocket camera you can generally not control the shutter speed, so you will generally get better photos if the subject is still, especially in poor light. Again because you will generally get a very slow shutter speed in poor light you will get camera shake blurring the photograph, so if you can rest your phone/camera on some railings if possible, or hold it against a lamp post.

You will see from the attached photo I took last night of 4535 it is possible to get a clear photoin this light. I did this by waiting for the bus to stop in traffic, then holding my camera against a bus shelter to make sure it remained still
Thanks Tony for the advice I will keep that I mind i will try and get some better photos in the future and sorry for the quality of the photos I will take your advice and try and get some better photos

WMT3000

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on November 15, 2018, 07:37:31 PM
Thanks Tony for the advice I will keep that I mind i will try and get some better photos in the future and sorry for the quality of the photos I will take your advice and try and get some better photos
Firstly, it's great that you're out taking pictures of buses at your age - and everyone has to start somewhere. Tony's advice is excellent - shutter speed is the main thing to consider. If using a phone it can indeed be tricky to get a sharp photo, so leaning or bracing the phone against something sturdy is ideal. Another important thing to consider is keeping your lens clean. Phones have tiny lenses so even the smallest smear or speck can stop the camera from focusing properly. It needs to be done gently so as to avoid any scratches but you can use those lens wipes for glasses, using a clean tissue for any residue.

Keep going - i'm looking forward to seeing the progress that you make and i'm sure it won't be long!

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: WMT3000 on November 18, 2018, 09:36:10 AM
Firstly, it's great that you're out taking pictures of buses at your age - and everyone has to start somewhere. Tony's advice is excellent - shutter speed is the main thing to consider. If using a phone it can indeed be tricky to get a sharp photo, so leaning or bracing the phone against something sturdy is ideal. Another important thing to consider is keeping your lens clean. Phones have tiny lenses so even the smallest smear or speck can stop the camera from focusing properly. It needs to be done gently so as to avoid any scratches but you can use those lens wipes for glasses, using a clean tissue for any residue.

Keep going - i'm looking forward to seeing the progress that you make and i'm sure it won't be long!
Quote from: WMT3000 on November 18, 2018, 09:36:10 AM

Thank you @WMT3000 I'm looking forward to see the progress that I will make aswell

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk