News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

First Bus - Leicester

Started by John, May 19, 2014, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xmj-signal

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on November 20, 2023, 07:11:40 PMA number of service changes have been registered for 7th Jan.
Whilst most look like timetable changes, looks like 16 & 17 have new city centre stops?
It looks like the start/end points in the registration for route 17 have been wrong since April, when its central barrier moved from Charles Street to the stop on Humberstone Gate East formerly used by routes 88 and 88A (which had moved to Haymarket Bus Station), so that's just a bit of "tidying-up" rather than an upcoming change, I think.

Mayfield

It's always started and finished in Humberstone Gate, maybe it because it's moved stops

xmj-signal

Quote from: Mayfield on November 22, 2023, 10:35:06 PMIt's always started and finished in Humberstone Gate, maybe it because it's moved stops
Sorry, I have to disagree.

The August 2022 timetable leaflet shows route 17 as Charles Street (Stand CD) - Highfields - Charles Street.

It moved to Humberstone Gate East in April 2023.

SSmith09

Wright Streetlite 63110 (SM13 NCV) has joined 63109 in Leicester from stoke - still retains thePotteries branding so presumably just a short term loan 

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: SSmith09 on November 23, 2023, 11:58:24 AMWright Streetlite 63110 (SM13 NCV) has joined 63109 in Leicester from stoke - still retains thePotteries branding so presumably just a short term loan
Just a loan.. paper in window states this.
It's covering for an E400 which is being used to boost BHX5 (yes 3 in use on this route) - due to Black Friday. Not sure how long it will be boosted for.

Mayfield

Probably a week as The term Friday means nothing this day and age.

SSmith09

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on November 23, 2023, 04:05:19 PMJust a loan.. paper in window states this.
It's covering for an E400 which is being used to boost BHX5 (yes 3 in use on this route) - due to Black Friday. Not sure how long it will be boosted for.
thought as much.

the E400s are certainly getting about 33733 has spent most of the day on the 54 and 33700 on the PM peak 74s while the 14/14a struggle on with singles 🙄

Pscar05

All remaining saffron busses seems to have been de branded and turned to driver trainers. Making 6 driver training busses at Abbey Lane. Wonder if they will all stay or will move around.

Pscar05

Anyone know what's happening with the EMA shuttle busses?

Fin W

Quote from: Pscar05 on December 01, 2023, 11:17:10 PMAnyone know what's happening with the EMA shuttle busses?
They're still running but not tracking if that answers your question

Pscar05

Quote from: Fin W on December 01, 2023, 11:20:55 PMThey're still running but not tracking if that answers your question
I knew they wasn't tracking but seen one has been sold and on buslists they all got moved to D&G busses so was wondering if anyone knew.

*UPDATE*

4/5 busses have been sold to D&G busses
Proof: https://the-bus-shop.co.uk/buses-coaches-for-rental/sold-vehicles/

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Pscar05 on December 01, 2023, 11:22:20 PMI knew they wasn't tracking but seen one has been sold and on buslists they all got moved to D&G busses so was wondering if anyone knew.

*UPDATE*

4/5 busses have been sold to D&G busses
Proof: https://the-bus-shop.co.uk/buses-coaches-for-rental/sold-vehicles/
I guess it's now ended.. even when Arriva had the contract, buses only ran about March to November..
I have read that next year they will be using new buses. 

Glenfieldmathk1

Strange allocations past few days.. involving the Orange BHX5 buses! They've ran quite a few "in between" journeys on 74, 15 & 38. (As well as the usual BHX3 going on the 14A 10am board). Then on Saturday at one point both on 13, and then on the 16!
Have they finally realised they need to maximise the double deckers due to the lack of them? Or just coincidence?
Equally I guess to the management the orange is just a colour? Wonder if they'll be rebranded from "Frequent Fourteens"?

SSmith09

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on December 03, 2023, 12:35:44 AMStrange allocations past few days.. involving the Orange BHX5 buses! They've ran quite a few "in between" journeys on 74, 15 & 38. (As well as the usual BHX3 going on the 14A 10am board). Then on Saturday at one point both on 13, and then on the 16!
Have they finally realised they need to maximise the double deckers due to the lack of them? Or just coincidence?
Equally I guess to the management the orange is just a colour? Wonder if they'll be rebranded from "Frequent Fourteens"?
I'd guess its down to vehicle availability although quite a few trips have been missed out across the 14/14a and 88/88a mostly during the last week.

Mayfield

If there short of vehicles why withdraw all the Saffrons 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk