News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Withdrawn Vehicles

Started by Ashley, November 01, 2013, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Celestial Toymaker on August 22, 2023, 06:04:49 PMBit petty that isnt it ?
Failed to start = WITHDRAWN

Blimey i thought the railway were petty

So you're happy to have a bus that keeps breaking down at Terminii so missing journies and leaving passengers waiting for up to half an hour?

Mayfield

Perhaps they have plans to sell it to Chaserider

PB50

Quote from: Celestial Toymaker on August 22, 2023, 06:04:49 PMBit petty that isnt it ?
Failed to start = WITHDRAWN

Blimey i thought the railway were petty

It was on 31/32 service other day and driver in bus station tried for 3 minutes at least before the engine started up so it's better to be withdrawn than spend money on it.

WA4317

Quote from: Mayfield on August 22, 2023, 06:59:20 PMPerhaps they have plans to sell it to Chaserider
Why would they sell it to chase rider?

Stu

Quote from: WA4317 on August 22, 2023, 08:35:53 PMWhy would they sell it to chase rider?
A poor attempt at humour, I suspect.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: Tony on August 22, 2023, 06:09:47 PMSo you're happy to have a bus that keeps breaking down at Terminii so missing journies and leaving passengers waiting for up to half an hour?
Just seems petty when there are so many withdrawn for better reasons that can maybe have the starter / ignition system recovered and fitted
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

Westy

Quote from: Celestial Toymaker on August 28, 2023, 02:57:13 PMJust seems petty when there are so many withdrawn for better reasons that can maybe have the starter / ignition system recovered and fitted

Wouldn't certain withdrawn buses be stripped for parts anyway?

Example - 4601 had a donor axle from another vehicle ISTR on a previous occasion it was off the road.

What 'bits' are reusable?

Tony

Quote from: Celestial Toymaker on August 28, 2023, 02:57:13 PMJust seems petty when there are so many withdrawn for better reasons that can maybe have the starter / ignition system recovered and fitted

Who says it's the starter/ignition system? One of the main reasons for failing to start is a fault in the front to back chassis loom, but there's many other reasons like fuel starvation for one

Tony

Looks like 4331 has died this morning. Its engine has seized

Jack

Quote from: Tony on August 29, 2023, 01:19:16 PMLooks like 4331 has died this morning. Its engine has seized
Surprised that one's lasted so long, sounded like it was close to death in 2021.

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: Tony on August 28, 2023, 05:12:50 PMWho says it's the starter/ignition system? One of the main reasons for failing to start is a fault in the front to back chassis loom, but there's many other reasons like fuel starvation for one
fair enough
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

18WilliamsLi

PB50

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on September 02, 2023, 09:35:03 PM4450 WA-Withdrawn
How can it be withdrawn if it's out in service on the 37/41 route tonight. Might be the last day in service. Just got to wait and see for certain. I can't see it being last day in service anyway because it's now tracking on bustimes.

Tony

Quote from: PB50 on September 02, 2023, 09:50:35 PMHow can it be withdrawn if it's out in service on the 37/41 route tonight. Might be the last day in service. Just got to wait and see for certain.
Even tracking on Bustimes as are all the Coventry transfers 

Stu

To ALL members

Unless you actually work for NX Bus (and can therefore state with certainty what is true), members should refrain from posting hearsay/gossip/rumours/guesses as facts.

In future, when posting claims about any bus being withdrawn or transferred, please provide a source/link.

The bickering and squabbling is getting tiresome, if it continues, then it won't just be posts that get removed...
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk