News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

First Bus - Leicester

Started by John, May 19, 2014, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayfield

63522/3/4 according to Bustimes have not been used for over a month, anyone know why ?

LazyGuy222

Quote from: Mayfield on July 25, 2023, 08:01:35 PM63522/3/4 according to Bustimes have not been used for over a month, anyone know why ?
63522 was involved in an RTC on its first day in service.

Unsure as to why 63523/24 haven't been used. 

Fin W

Weirdly 33700 is the only e400 out today in regular public service

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Fin W on July 29, 2023, 04:48:20 PMWeirdly 33700 is the only e400 out today in regular public service
Saturday service requires less DD's, and they had none on the 4.. so I guess they put the Streetdecks out across 14/14A instead!
I heard from a driver that Streetdecks are better on fuel than the E400's.. but the E400's perform a lot better on the motorways (hence they use them on the Amazon services!). (And also why it looks like they'll be keeping some even when electric DD's arrive solely for the Amazon services - although I guess could possibly still get use if they still only have the 18 ordered).
Also weird.. tonight 13 has a Streetdeck.. but all week (except Thursday) they had a kite.. weird though as generally the midweek is busier later due to Optimus point! So not sure why that is? Haha

Glenfieldmathk1

3 Streetdecks have now left Leicester.. 35153  is off to Worcester.. 35176/77 are also at Worcester but moving through later on.

markcf83

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on June 24, 2023, 09:15:30 PM69303 has left for First West of England.

Can anyone confirm whether 69380 has also gone?
I'm guessing 69303 is going to be a trainer over the Bridge from me......
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Mayfield

According to bus times 69303 is on EMA long stay car park duties today

Mayfield

Any update on the Leicester to Birmingham airport service, when it's starting and what vehicles to be used 

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Mayfield on August 03, 2023, 05:26:11 PMAny update on the Leicester to Birmingham airport service, when it's starting and what vehicles to be used
Nothing has been registered.. although somebody on Facebook said September..
Perhaps it will run as a coach service so has a different registration? Or could it simply be it's a staff / private service?

Also to note: 15 ran a mix of DD and singles today.. I guess this is a sign of what is to come.. Full DD on 54, then the rest split between mixed on 13, 14/A & 15?

Also:
New timetables available - basically looks like 18, 74 & 88/A are reverting back to pre-summer services.. 14/A also but with slightly revised times (maybe to stop bunching in St.Margaret's). New weekend times on 38/A also.. 

xmj-signal

There is an interesting (and fairly well-hidden) page on the First Leicester website about the Leicester electric buses:

https://www.firstbus.co.uk/leicester/about-us/leicester-electric

Towards the bottom of the page is a link to download a PDF booklet which seems to be a copy of a booklet produced for the launch event of theses buses - it has quite a bit of useful information about the project so is well worth a read.

I quite like the animation at the top of the page, too!

Mayfield

Does anyone know if the EMA contact has ended or is it just the buses don't track anymore as nothing has tracked since 11th August

SSmith09

Quote from: Mayfield on August 16, 2023, 07:57:03 PMDoes anyone know if the EMA contact has ended or is it just the buses don't track anymore as nothing has tracked since 11th August
Highly unlikely as it's peak travel season

Maybe as they're not registered services (private contracts) that's why they don't track same with BHX3

Fin W

only registered services track now for some reason. Dead runs, EMA buses and the BHX3 don't track as a result.

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Fin W on August 17, 2023, 09:50:48 AMonly registered services track now for some reason. Dead runs, EMA buses and the BHX3 don't track as a result.
Correct.. all still run.
BHX3 has a different "private" registration compared to BHX5.. and EMA also has the same "Private" registration.
It's likely bus times will update and these may show up again at some point in future!

Mayfield

Strange that 44762 according to bus times has tracked at 02.00 on the 4 for the last 2 days.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk