News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

First Bus - Leicester

Started by John, May 19, 2014, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f_27

anyone able to confirm if 69438 is in for repaint?

LazyGuy222

33710 has transferred to Somerset.

Glenfieldmathk1

A range of vehicles from First were used this evening on a temporary Birstall P&R running for the Diwali celebrations.
Registered by First Bus, and operating via Loughborough Road, Red hill circle, Abbey lane, St Margaret's Way & to Belgrave circle. Buses were mainly First single deckers. But also noted some Beaver Double deckers running the route to provide support too. 
No vehicles however tracked on Bus Times. I also didn't see what vehicles were used early on in the evening. But I'd imagine beaver and confidence may have provided support too?

To also note rare working: A Frequent Fourteens double decker was used on service 4 throughout the evening. (Perhaps to provide increased double decker output for the Belgrave area).

SSmith09

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on October 24, 2022, 10:39:37 PMA range of vehicles from First were used this evening on a temporary Birstall P&R running for the Diwali celebrations.
Registered by First Bus, and operating via Loughborough Road, Red hill circle, Abbey lane, St Margaret's Way & to Belgrave circle. Buses were mainly First single deckers. But also noted some Beaver Double deckers running the route to provide support too.
No vehicles however tracked on Bus Times. I also didn't see what vehicles were used early on in the evening. But I'd imagine beaver and confidence may have provided support too?

To also note rare working: A Frequent Fourteens double decker was used on service 4 throughout the evening. (Perhaps to provide increased double decker output for the Belgrave area).
63072 and 69303 were two of the vehicles used on the 403 from photos posted elsewhere.

According to bustimes.org 35155 replaced 63366 on the 4 today, last week it was on the Goodwood side of the 54 (Friday 21st Oct)

LazyGuy222

69249, 69251 and 69252 are all currently at Thornton's, with 69250 expected to follow soon. 

Allegedly being converted to driver trainers, but unsure of how true that is.

SSmith09

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on October 27, 2022, 05:47:46 PM69249, 69251 and 69252 are all currently at Thornton's, with 69250 expected to follow soon.

Allegedly being converted to driver trainers, but unsure of how true that is.
A comment on the 'Firstbus Enthusiasts' facebook group suggests that 69249, 69250, 69251 and 69252 are being converted to driver trainers at thorntons.

Leicester depot have recently had a PVR reduction of around 8 vehicles, this must be how they've managed to release them. Hopefully reducing the amount of branded saffron buses helps to prevent having branded buses on other routes.

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: SSmith2009 on October 27, 2022, 09:03:20 PMA comment on the 'Firstbus Enthusiasts' facebook group suggests that 69249, 69250, 69251 and 69252 are being converted to driver trainers at thorntons.

Leicester depot have recently had a PVR reduction of around 8 vehicles, this must be how they've managed to release them. Hopefully reducing the amount of branded saffron buses helps to prevent having branded buses on other
Euro 6 driver trainers.. well that will be a first for First!
I guess this is one of the first major decisions from the new MD now that Leicester falls also under Manchester.
Although actually.. I'd say getting rid of old ready for the new Electric ones..

Further changes expected to Amazon Shuttles too, BHX3 is cancelled from end of Nov - I guess a decision the new Md has decided due to all the extra mileage.. This also probably explains why they've sent the "Olympia" E400's packing..

SSmith09

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on October 27, 2022, 10:57:36 PMEuro 6 driver trainers.. well that will be a first for First!
I guess this is one of the first major decisions from the new MD now that Leicester falls also under Manchester.
Although actually.. I'd say getting rid of old ready for the new Electric ones..

According to the Leicester buses website the infrastructure at Abbey Lane plus the first 20 electric buses should be in place by March 2023... we shall see!
details - https://www.leicesterbuses.co.uk/planned-projects

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on October 27, 2022, 10:57:36 PMFurther changes expected to Amazon Shuttles too, BHX3 is cancelled from end of Nov - I guess a decision the new Md has decided due to all the extra mileage.. This also probably explains why they've sent the "Olympia" E400's packing..
Probably why the FrequentFourteens enviros have been on the amazon routes then leaving missing buses on 14s 

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: SSmith2009 on October 28, 2022, 09:14:13 AMAccording to the Leicester buses website the infrastructure at Abbey Lane plus the first 20 electric buses should be in place by March 2023... we shall see!
details - https://www.leicesterbuses.co.uk/planned-projects
Probably why the FrequentFourteens enviros have been on the amazon routes then leaving missing buses on 14s
There aren't missing buses on the 14's.. they've had a full allocation. Just the stupid amount of roadworks in Leicester and the diversion at Gravel Street also. The buses are backing up. Like today.. 3 14's all following each other along Dominion Road! (Around 1.35pm). They had extra street decks on the route while the orange E400's were on BHX (E400's are more fuel efficient on the motorway?).

Glenfieldmathk1

Also, why is stagecoach listed on the Leicester buses website as having 22 electric vehicles? They aren't based here and there's literally 2 routes which are out of the city boundary?
Makes you laugh. Happy to pay stagecoach for the electric buses. But won't pay for a few digital bus stops around Glenfield (on route 13, which is a mainlines bus!).

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on October 28, 2022, 05:57:59 PMAlso, why is stagecoach listed on the Leicester buses website as having 22 electric vehicles? They aren't based here and there's literally 2 routes which are out of the city boundary?
Makes you laugh. Happy to pay stagecoach for the electric buses. But won't pay for a few digital bus stops around Glenfield (on route 13, which is a mainlines bus!).
The only digital bus stops I've seen in the county are opposite the Sainsbury's at Fosse Park and on Paddock Street in Wigston.

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on October 28, 2022, 09:58:17 PMThe only digital bus stops I've seen in the county are opposite the Sainsbury's at Fosse Park and on Paddock Street in Wigston.
There's some around on Arriva 127 route too (in Mountsorel, Rothley, Quorn etc).

amodelofcontrol

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on October 28, 2022, 05:57:59 PMAlso, why is stagecoach listed on the Leicester buses website as having 22 electric vehicles? They aren't based here and there's literally 2 routes which are out of the city boundary?
They will be from the Coventry "Electric Bus City" project, converting the 48 group (Coventry - Nuneaton - Atherstone/Leicester), so the funding is from Central Government that was awarded to the wider project (which sees all buses into Coventry go zero-emission by 2025, and NXWM's large batch of BYD/ADL 'deckers entering service at the moment are the first part of). That they reach Leicester is something of a side benefit!

xmj-signal

Quote from: f_27 on October 09, 2022, 10:21:14 AManyone able to confirm if 69438 is in for repaint?
Just a confirmation, in case anyone was still wondering - 69438 was seen out in service yesterday, on route 18, and still in full 'Braunstone Bus' livery and route branding.

Glenfieldmathk1

33718 is still in Leicester (despite reports it has left). It has been repaired following a RTC. It's expected to stay in Leicester for the revised BHX5 timetable end of Nov.
BHX3 has been cancelled, hence the other 3 "Olympia" E400's moving away.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk