News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Centrebus

Started by Bruce_LOA400X, September 30, 2012, 11:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magikrabby

931 appears to be significantly more reliable than 912 or 913, which often seem to break down according to their tracking data. I would say it is one of the most reliable busses in the whole fleet! I was on it today - the engine still sounds healthy and it never seems to struggle accelerating, so I can only see age being a reason for withdrawal in its current state. I guess we will find out soon what will happen to it. I am hoping they at least keep it until August when it will turn 20 years old!

Mayfield

And it also looks very smart albeit in London red

SSmith09

Quote from: Magikrabby on February 27, 2024, 08:20:42 PM931 appears to be significantly more reliable than 912 or 913, which often seem to break down according to their tracking data. I would say it is one of the most reliable busses in the whole fleet! I was on it today - the engine still sounds healthy and it never seems to struggle accelerating, so I can only see age being a reason for withdrawal in its current state. I guess we will find soon what will happen to it. I am hoping they at least keep it until August when it will turn 20 years old!
IIRC the previous vehicle to use fleet number 931 was scania decker H231 LOM and that proved to be a reliable workhorse.

Mayfield

555 not been used for a few day, hope there's nothing to drastic wrong with it

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: SSmith09 on February 28, 2024, 07:55:59 AMIIRC the previous vehicle to use fleet number 931 was scania decker H231 LOM and that proved to be a reliable workhorse.
Loved LOM! I think it was one of their best they had 👍 I'm sure it lasted longer in the fleet too before being withdrawn.

Wba_lad

Back in May 2023 I went to Chaserider depot in Cannock, and I seen 930 plaxton president, I believe that this bus is still at Cannock depot. Anyone know what is happening with this bus please?

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Wba_lad on March 07, 2024, 10:07:25 AMBack in May 2023 I went to Chaserider depot in Cannock, and I seen 930 plaxton president, I believe that this bus is still at Cannock depot. Anyone know what is happening with this bus please?
Nobody seems to know about this.. it also doesn't appear on the official fleet list?

Tony

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on March 13, 2024, 04:38:14 PMNobody seems to know about this.. it also doesn't appear on the official fleet list?
It is Centrebus 930 and was parked there for months, I haven't been past lately to know if it is still there

Mayfield

Could it possibly have been purchased by Birmingham Bus Works

Tony

Quote from: Mayfield on March 13, 2024, 05:37:12 PMCould it possibly have been purchased by Birmingham Bus Works
No, It was still Centrebus.

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on March 13, 2024, 05:35:30 PMIt is Centrebus 930 and was parked there for months, I haven't been past lately to know if it is still there
It is still there buried amongst the Busworks stock.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Wba_lad

Quote from: Wumpty on March 14, 2024, 12:09:21 PMIt is still there buried amongst the Busworks stock.
Thankyou, I wonder what is going to happen with it, it's been sat there a awful long time.

Magikrabby

Quote from: Wba_lad on March 07, 2024, 10:07:25 AMBack in May 2023 I went to Chaserider depot in Cannock, and I seen 930 plaxton president, I believe that this bus is still at Cannock depot. Anyone know what is happening with this bus please?
It transferred from Grantham to Leicester around October 2022 to use on the uni shuttle, and I believe it was withdrawn a few weeks later. I am unsure as to why - maybe a breakdown that was uneconomical to repair? Presumably it was sent to Cannock for storage, and is being kept there as spare parts for 931 and will eventually be scrapped. It is visible in a picture of 623 in December without its destination display, which is probably the one that went in 931 last June. 

It has been SORNed with its plate reverted to the original LK04 NMJ. The same thing happened to 932 when that was withdrawn, so unfortunately I doubt there's any chance of it coming back to the road.

Magikrabby

Seemingly 3 single deckers have transferred over to Grantham to replace the double deckers - these being 522 from Chaserider, 531 from D&G, and 745 from Leicester. Seems interesting only one of these is from Leicester - does this mean Leicester will end up with 2 extra buses or is something else due to leave?

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Magikrabby on March 16, 2024, 01:54:09 AMSeemingly 3 single deckers have transferred over to Grantham to replace the double deckers - these being 522 from Chaserider, 531 from D&G, and 745 from Leicester. Seems interesting only one of these is from Leicester - does this mean Leicester will end up with 2 extra buses or is something else due to leave?
Have heard that the other 2 former hospital hoppers (like 745) will move on. Although apparently there's no rush as the uni is due Easter break soon so service U is reduced.
Then 931 is being prepped for MOT so currently off road, potentially not back until end of summer (when uni restarts).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk