News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Centrebus

Started by Bruce_LOA400X, September 30, 2012, 11:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayfield

I see 729 has disappeared from Bustimes, I presume it's been disposed off, also no sign of 556, 924 and 925 coming back to life yet.

Glenfieldmathk1

Interesting registered change.. 22A will operate Evington to Barrow Upon Soar in the new year?

xmj-signal

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on November 20, 2023, 07:32:58 PMInteresting registered change.. 22A will operate Evington to Barrow Upon Soar in the new year?
According the the 'service changes' listed on the Leicester Buses website for January 2024:

22A - Evington to Birstall via City Centre - some journeys will be extended beyond Bristall to serve Barrow-upon-Soar, Sileby and Cossington to replace the 128 service which will be withdrawn.

https://www.leicesterbuses.co.uk/service-changes

Pscar05

Quote from: Mayfield on November 14, 2023, 03:58:55 PMI see 729 has disappeared from Bustimes, I presume it's been disposed off, also no sign of 556, 924 and 925 coming back to life yet.
924 has re started service today and 925 is due to re enter service soon. (Was told by a driver)

Mayfield

924 not tracking yet but 925 has started tracking today

joieman

Quote from: xmj-signal on November 22, 2023, 08:34:09 PMAccording the the 'service changes' listed on the Leicester Buses website for January 2024:

22A - Evington to Birstall via City Centre - some journeys will be extended beyond Birstall to serve Barrow-upon-Soar, Sileby and Cossington to replace the 128 service which will be withdrawn.

https://www.leicesterbuses.co.uk/service-changes

There are also timing changes to the 8, 27, 154 and 832. In particular, an extra daily service is being added to the 27 which will run as the 27X, running from Loughborough to Barrow and then directly to Sileby, avoiding Walton-on-the-Wolds and Seagrave. The service 27/27X will also move its Loughborough terminus from Lemyngton Street stand LA to Baxter Gate stand BC, and the service 8's terminus will also move from Baxter Gate stand BA to BC.

https://www.centrebus.info/service-changes/

I think that moving the 27 back to Baxter Gate is a good idea as the new stop is closer to the town centre, but the particular choice of stand for the 8 and 27/27X is probably the worst choice, as the Kinchbus 9 already uses that stop as its terminus and thus buses spend lengthy periods waiting at that stop already, which has on some occasions forced me to step into the road to catch the Arriva 127, which along with the Arriva 16 also stops at that stand. In short, I see stand BC becoming even more overcrowded with waiting buses.

Mayfield

Anyone know what's happened to 728 and Hop 841

Fin W

Quote from: Mayfield on January 05, 2024, 08:51:57 PMAnyone know what's happened to 728 and Hop 841
I read 841 was involved in a RTC

Mayfield

I don't fully understand how this happens that Bustimes says last used 25th October but when you click on the history it says 09th December 

Wba_lad

It's a shame Chaserider can't have 620 - 624 as them 5 buses would help them out because they are euro 6, even if they are just loans, Chaserider are currently 6 euro 6 buses short, this would also allow 506 to have its body work repaired and get repainted, and would also allow for 641 to go back to Volvo to have the issue sorted about it's awkward starting. Would be loverly to see them buses at Cannock. 

SSmith09

Quote from: Mayfield on January 05, 2024, 08:51:57 PMAnyone know what's happened to 728 and Hop 841
I'm sure I've read elsewhere that 728 has been withdrawn (which is likely as it's nearly 20 years old)

joieman

Quote from: SSmith09 on January 06, 2024, 08:06:22 AMI'm sure I've read elsewhere that 728 has been withdrawn (which is likely as it's nearly 20 years old)
Still taxed according to the DVLA, who also think it's green!

SSmith09

Quote from: joieman on January 06, 2024, 08:20:57 PMStill taxed according to the DVLA, who also think it's green!
The green would be from it's days with NCT 

joieman

Quote from: SSmith09 on January 06, 2024, 08:49:39 PMThe green would be from it's days with NCT
That's what I thought, and indeed it was so, except no picture I found of it on Flickr had it in a strictly green colour - it was initially teal and then yellow while with NCT.

Mayfield

Isn't there a legal duty to inform DVA of colour a change ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk