News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

ATG, igo and Ring & Ride

Started by vinh1000, September 29, 2012, 05:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

I understand that several operators have recently visited ATG's Aston HQ with a view to making a potential takeover offer. It's suggested one of them may be NX, does anyone have any idea who the others could be?

Jack6101

Igo 126 passing bromford atm
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on April 15, 2019, 09:46:42 PM
I understand that several operators have recently visited ATG's Aston HQ with a view to making a potential takeover offer. It's suggested one of them may be NX, does anyone have any idea who the others could be?

Maybe Diamond??

I wonder would this just be for the Ring & Ride part of the business?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 16, 2019, 10:25:49 PM
Maybe Diamond??

I wonder would this just be for the Ring & Ride part of the business?

All those Birmingham Council home to school runs will have to be operated by somebody, and that is a lot of work

igogeneral

Brave people to take over a charity. Maybe another supposed charity based in the South may yet charge in. Remember not many of the home to school drivers have a PSV licence so the prospects not really good for a commercial operation, or are they ?

winston

Would there be any merit in the business being developed in to a commercial demand responsive service that could attract a wider audience over OAP's & less able bodied travellors.

Potentially a fleet upgrade of low floor sprinters etc, to distance itself from the Ring & Ride brand and attract more passengers of all ages.

igogeneral

Lot of investment required for that and given the drop over the years in Ring and Ride trips not sure the demand would be there given the already excellent commercial services in our area.

Westy

Wouldn't the gradual switch of standard buses to low floor & companies pushing this, have contributed to the decline of Ring & Ride?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Westy on April 17, 2019, 03:28:33 PM
Wouldn't the gradual switch of standard buses to low floor & companies pushing this, have contributed to the decline of Ring & Ride?

That's what I was thinking, modern buses are so much more accessible these days.

Sadly the current Ring & Ride model is not working, but how you fix it is antbody's guess!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Solo1

Are all the igo services up for retending  apart  from the ones that change 28 April

metrocity

Quote from: Solo1 on April 21, 2019, 06:48:25 AM
Are all the igo services up for retending  apart  from the ones that change 28 April
Some from June and rest in October

John

paulb1973

Quote from: John on April 22, 2019, 08:54:33 PM
Ont of the deckers have been sighted in one of the Yorkshire scrapyards

https://www.flickr.com/photos/61188429@N06/40704169503/in/dateposted/

That Flickr user has uploaded a distant picture of an unidentified NXC Dennis Trident on tow - presumably heading to a scrapyard. I assume one of the 42xx Y/TOH batch.

John

Quote from: paulb1973 on April 22, 2019, 09:36:58 PM
That Flickr user has uploaded a distant picture of an unidentified NXC Dennis Trident on tow - presumably heading to a scrapyard. I assume one of the 42xx Y/TOH batch.

It looks like 4190

paulb1973

Quote from: John on April 22, 2019, 10:24:33 PM
It looks like 4190

4190 was a tidy looking bus (like the one pictured!) so quite probably that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk