News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

ATG, igo and Ring & Ride

Started by vinh1000, September 29, 2012, 05:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Wouldn't be surprised if it was Banga or Let's Go the way that they are going, gaining contracts out of the blue.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Solo1

Quote from: metrocity on March 25, 2019, 05:34:30 PM
A new operator is due to start the 19 on the 31st March
could be Walsall community transport

Westy

Quote from: Solo1 on March 26, 2019, 06:02:40 AM
could be Walsall community transport

And their depot is only around the corner in Little Bloxwich!

Westy

Quote from: Tony on March 25, 2019, 10:29:30 PM
Why is NX the obvious operator? These routes will be issued as emergency tenders. The obvious operator is the best bidder.

There is no 'pecking order' there's several operators have been approached and asked to bid

Tony, take your point about the emergency tender, but over the years, it always seems to be if Nx doesnt do the route, then Diamond does it, then if they didnt, then Arriva did it, then if they didnt, then Igo did it.

If I'm wrong, I apologise, but that is how it seems to me over the years I've been doing this as a 'hobby'!

Tony

Quote from: Westy on March 26, 2019, 11:01:12 AM
Tony, take your point about the emergency tender, but over the years, it always seems to be if Nx doesnt do the route, then Diamond does it, then if they didnt, then Arriva did it, then if they didnt, then Igo did it.

If I'm wrong, I apologise, but that is how it seems to me over the years I've been doing this as a 'hobby'!

It's nothing of the sort. Up until very recently it was exactly the opposite. Igo were first choice because of their low tenders and NX were last resort if no one else bid

DJ

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

winston

Quote from: StourValley98 on March 26, 2019, 01:54:34 PM
Ring & Ride has been saved then: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-47705997

Not safe yet.

That reads to me as though it's been thrown a lifeline of funding to prevent collapse/keep operating, it will give the administrators/stake holders more time to find a long term solution.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on March 26, 2019, 02:00:27 PM
Not safe yet.

That reads to me as though it's been thrown a lifeline of funding to prevent collapse/keep operating, it will give the administrators/stake holders more time to find a long term solution.

It makes me wonder if the Ring & Ride service model is really financially viable in the current economic climate?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

igomeister

Quote from: Winston on March 26, 2019, 02:00:27 PM
Not safe yet.

I agree. I presume that money won't fund igo services either. If they're paid for by TfWM in the first place then surely they won't receive more funding from BCC.

winston

Quote from: igomeister on March 26, 2019, 05:34:07 PM
I agree. I presume that money won't fund igo services either. If they're paid for by TfWM in the first place then surely they won't receive more funding from BCC.

I read it that the additional funding secured for ATG is simply to keep Ring & Ride running, Igo I suspect will eventually just disappear & all tendered services will be absorbed by other operators in time.

The BCC comments suggest funding paid over 12 weeks, or whether it will give ATG 12 weeks (3 months grace) to secure a long term solution?

Tony

Quote from: Winston on March 26, 2019, 05:40:06 PM
I read it that the additional funding secured for ATG is simply to keep Ring & Ride running, Igo I suspect will eventually just disappear & all tendered services will be absorbed by other operators in time.

The BCC comments suggest funding paid over 12 weeks, or whether it will give ATG 12 weeks (3 months grace) to secure a long term solution?

TfWM have awarded a lot more of the routes to other operators today to run from Monday 1/4/19
NXWM have to find 12 more buses

I am sure there will be a formal announcement of which operators have which routes in due course

winston

Quote from: Tony on March 26, 2019, 05:47:03 PM
TfWM have awarded a lot more of the routes to other operators today to run from Monday 1/4/19

I am sure there will be a formal announcement of which operators have which routes in due course

I'm assuming NXWM will now be lucky if they're able to withdraw 40-45 old buses due to all the various pvr increases.

Trident 4194

I really hope you haven't won the 10H lol

Tony

BK63 YWP

Would this entail purchasing 2nd hand vehicles?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk