News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

ATG, igo and Ring & Ride

Started by vinh1000, September 29, 2012, 05:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

igomeister

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on March 24, 2019, 11:42:13 PM
At least one route was in operation. I was given a timetable for a (non school run) centro 6xx tendered route running in the Selly Oak area around 1994ish give or take a year. I went looking for it one day, one trip failed to show, the next was late. My centro pass was refused too...

Are you sure that wasn't the 614 operated by Communicare?

Tony

Quote from: igomeister on March 25, 2019, 06:52:40 AM
Are you sure that wasn't the 614 operated by Communicare?

I remember the vehicles. They were 3 early tri-axle minibuses in a version of Ring & Ride livery with added grey I think. I know I did photograph at least one of them and have it on my old fotopic site. I'll see if I can find it.

igogeneral

I was with WMSNT from 1993. The only large bus routes we had were operated by Mercedes 811 and they were operated on behalf of WMPTE and branded Easyrider but they were not open to the general public, they had to be booked in advance. Two of them operated in South Birmingham, one in Wolverhampton, one in Coventry and one in Walsall.

Tony

Quote from: igogeneral on March 25, 2019, 03:26:57 PM
I was with WMSNT from 1993. The only large bus routes we had were operated by Mercedes 811 and they were operated on behalf of WMPTE and branded Easyrider but they were not open to the general public, they had to be booked in advance. Two of them operated in South Birmingham, one in Wolverhampton, one in Coventry and one in Walsall.

Yes, Easyrider was what I was thinking about

Westy

Walsall 19 still operated by Igo at the mo.

Quote from: Westy on March 25, 2019, 05:18:38 PM
Who where you expecting to be operating it?
The announcement on the NWM website stated all other routes will be opertating as normal and they were out as normal on loads of routes today - A12, 99, 89, 10H etc.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

metrocity

Quote from: Westy on March 25, 2019, 05:18:38 PM
A new operator is due to start the 19 on the 31st March

4369Beast

Quote from: metrocity on March 25, 2019, 05:34:30 PM
Walsall 19 or South Birmingham 19 (Both are IGO)

Solo1

Quote from: metrocity on March 25, 2019, 05:34:30 PM
would be nice it name the. operator

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on March 25, 2019, 06:32:19 PM

Why?
Won't make any difference until the change happens and operators have been told any advance information on changes to ATG is strictly confidential until all the details are finalised

Trident 4194

Quote from: Solo1 on March 25, 2019, 06:32:19 PM

I'm gonna take a punt at kevs cars taking it over

Solo1

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 25, 2019, 07:14:26 PM
I'm gonna take a punt at kevs cars taking it over
that's what I think with the primos they have unless they are having new buses that's if it's the 19 in Northfield & not the walsall one

Cheese

Quote from: Solo1 on March 25, 2019, 07:18:06 PM
that's what I think with the primos they have unless they are having new buses that's if it's the 19 in Northfield & not the walsall one

Somehow doubt Kevs would be running the 19, looks like it needs 5 buses to run at present (Northfield route). Isn't the Frankley part commercial anyway, if another operator takes it on it I would imagine it would be cut back to the contracted part of the route only, can't recall which section is the tendered part.

Westy

I did say the Walsall 19, if you read my original comment!

On the subject of the 'new' operator, surely Nx would be the obvious choice , as they run the Sunday service already?(Or is it not that simple?)

By the way, with the demise of Igo, if Nx & Diamond are the first choice operator, who would be 'number 3' in the pecking order now?

Tony

Quote from: Westy on March 25, 2019, 09:32:43 PM
I did say the Walsall 19, if you read my original comment!

On the subject of the 'new' operator, surely Nx would be the obvious choice , as they run the Sunday service already?(Or is it not that simple?)

By the way, with the demise of Igo, if Nx & Diamond are the first choice operator, who would be 'number 3' in the pecking order now?

Why is NX the obvious operator? These routes will be issued as emergency tenders. The obvious operator is the best bidder.

There is no 'pecking order' there's several operators have been approached and asked to bid

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk