News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

ATG, igo and Ring & Ride

Started by vinh1000, September 29, 2012, 05:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

I'm not sure if it's related but I did see someone in an ATG hi-vis taking stuff down on a clipboard in Wednesbury yesterday. Could be taking note of passenger usage or something?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Pat

Will the tenders that igo have lost be started by the new tender earlier than 28th April?

DJ

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on March 20, 2019, 04:12:34 PM
Will the tenders that igo have lost be started by the new tender earlier than 28th April?

The new operators will have no obligation to take them up before that date, but I presume some will if they have the buses and drivers available.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

fleetline6477

Quote from: Tony on March 19, 2019, 09:48:31 PM
Who grossly under bid for tenders

With respect Tony a non-for-profit company will always be in a position to be able to do that.

Tony

Quote from: fleetline6477 on March 20, 2019, 08:56:54 PM
With respect Tony a non-for-profit company will always be in a position to be able to do that.

They were bidding so low that it wasn't even break even though, that is how they have got to the current position.

Trident 4194

Is the 10S and 10H commercial or tendered? If commercial I can't see it being replaced.

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 20, 2019, 09:22:44 PM
Is the 10S and 10H commercial or tendered? If commercial I can't see it being replaced.
Tendered I think, I don't think they have any commercial routes other than the 800?
The 800 has looked very well used though and carries a full load with standing passengers on a decker when i've seen it on Burney Lane in the past. I wander if it will get a direct replacement? Most of the route seems to be an identical copy of the 14 looking at the route map.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

igogeneral

Quote from: fleetline6477 on March 20, 2019, 08:56:54 PM
There is profit and there is contribution to overheads of the charity. igo was formed to fund the overheads of Ring and Ride which was the original charity and still is. Not much point in running anything if you do not have an ultimate aim.

Sandy Lane

Im sure I saw an Igo Versa on the 539 today?

igogeneral

Several years ago I was involved with the start up of igo with the aim of providing much needed funds to the important and much used Ring and Ride service. From day one, due to the dedication of many many fine people, igo grew to be a much respected and responsible operator.

I retired in 2015 but have watched igo continue to grow but just wondered how they were able to fund new vehicles. It looks like just perhaps they tried too hard, only time will tell.

I was wondering if I should change my user name on this site but, unless anyone objects, I intend to retain it as I am proud of what the team and I managed to achieve with ATG and igo.

To all the staff who will be told today they are out of work I hope you all find work soon and that your families will not suffer because of today.

igogeneral (Des)

Stu

Quote from: Solo1 on March 22, 2019, 03:50:21 PM
Update on. Igo https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/ways-to-travel/bus/changes-to-some-bus-services-operated-by-igo/

I presume that link will be updated with further 'emergency tenders' over the course of the weekend, unless igo will keep going temporarily in some kind of limited capacity?

I can't see anything official regarding this on either the igobuses or ATG websites, no official announcement or anything?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4609

"We are aware that ATG contracted services which includes IGO has gone in to administration. We are working with the Administrators and other operators to ensure the continued operation of the remaining tendered services including securing a new operators for these services. We will be working to achieve this without disruption to services. For more info please check our website which will be kept updated."

NWM/TfWM's response to a question on their Facebook page.

mikestone

I'm slightly surprised Hackney Community Transport haven't stepped in.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: mikestone on March 22, 2019, 08:32:30 PM
I'm slightly surprised Hackney Community Transport haven't stepped in.

CT Plus are 'present' in the area ;-)

If Saturday is to be their last day, then my lasting memory of them will be of their local service performance today, going out the way they started - running with no relation to the timetable.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk