News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

ATG, igo and Ring & Ride

Started by vinh1000, September 29, 2012, 05:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Solo1 on March 19, 2019, 07:59:19 PM
Taken from Facebook Thanks to a contact I have at the company, I can confirm that Igo or ATG have gone into Administration. It looks unlikely that the company will be salvaged. So TfWM will be looking into Emergency tender contracts.
Does anyone know if there's any truth in this?
So today was there last day?
They were still operating till end of service tonight on the A12.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

4369Beast

There is truth yes but ive heard they are to be wrapped up on Saturday ( 23rd march).

winston

Quote from: Busman Jamie on March 19, 2019, 08:24:54 PM
Wouldn't believe it till its official... You seen the other crap he posts on fb??

That post is more than likely spot on.

Steveminor

Look guys speculation in a companies demise may lead to said that companies demise as passengers & staff that hear the rumours lose faith & move elsewhere.
There are things going on but for now let's just let them do what they need to do without rumours or speculation.

Trident 4194

A brilliant company with a very modern fleet.

Cedric

Quote from: Steveminor on March 19, 2019, 09:22:34 PM
Look guys speculation in a companies demise may lead to said that companies demise as passengers & staff that hear the rumours lose faith & move elsewhere.
There are things going on but for now let's just let them do what they need to do without rumours or speculation.

well said  steve  aggree with you
diamond 8\10/125/292

Jordan

He ring and ride is a charity but the bus part isn't
my local routes are:

NXWM: 72 72A 17 73
igo 99
sunny travel 71E
r.k. travel 72 and further down the road the 73

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 19, 2019, 09:27:46 PM
A brilliant company with a very modern fleet.

Who grossly under bid for tenders

winston

Quote from: Steveminor on March 19, 2019, 09:22:34 PM

As the info initially posted has come via a member of Igo staff, I think it's far too late in the day to worry about rumours / speculation damaging their business.

Westy

Quote from: Tony on March 19, 2019, 09:48:31 PM
Who grossly under bid for tenders

Didnt Arriva Wednesfield as well?

For the record, I got a 326 back to Bloxwich from Willenhall about half 4.

winston

Quote from: Westy on March 19, 2019, 10:04:47 PM
Didnt Arriva Wednesfield as well?

For the record, I got a 326 back to Bloxwich from Willenhall about half 4.

Yes, for the initial batch of tenders they won on a 5 year deal operated out of Hill Top first.

igomeister

Quote from: Stu on March 19, 2019, 08:46:51 PM
Can charities go into administration?

If the pot of money is empty then yes. There's only so much they get from WMCA for Ring and Ride which has been reducing over the past few years. Same goes for home to school contracts for education authorities. Overheads however go up every year, insurance, maintenance, staff costs, fuel etc.

igogeneral

A great many good and wonderful people took WMSNT forward to great heights serving many thousands of mobility impaired people around the West Midlands. My hat goes off to all the staff who helped make it such a wonderful and rewarding place to work, I wish them all well for the future whatever that is.

Westy

Heres hoping Nx get the emergency tender for the 326!

winston

Quote from: igogeneral on March 19, 2019, 10:56:41 PM
A great many good and wonderful people took WMSNT forward to great heights serving many thousands of mobility impaired people around the West Midlands. My hat goes off to all the staff who helped make it such a wonderful and rewarding place to work, I wish them all well for the future whatever that is.

The Igo bus side can easily be covered by other bus operators, I'm not so sure the Ring & Ride service will be quite so easy to replace, the potential loss of that service will hurt the most vulnerable in the community.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk