News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannockanorak

Quote from: Smethwickian on March 25, 2018, 11:45:25 AM
New timetables with axed evening and Sunday services are dated to commence 1 April, Westy - next Sunday, Easter Day - so there will be no service from Cannock on that day nor indeed on the following day, bank holiday Monday. Today's would appear to be the last Sunday outing for the affected routes.

Also note that according to Arriva's website, services appear to be greatly reduced on Good Friday this year.

RIP Cannock & Stafford Sunday services  , 2740 was on the penultimate 62S off Cannock leaving with "Sorry Not In Service" on the display, the world will be a smaller place on a Sunday for many people now   

BusMan Greg

I never thought Arriva Cannock garage would be at this point. If this was the case back in December or January the route 154 might not have been axed. You ever know...

Busman Jamie

The 154 being axed was nothing to do with Arriva?

Westy

Intriging that the 70 was increased to half hourly from hourly, where the norm for Arriva is to reduce services.

By the way, is Tamworth just operating the 3a on Sundays only, because if Cannock is only operating their services till around 9 / 10pm on Monday to Saturdays, surely it would be easier for Cannock to run the 3a Monday to Saturdays, presumbly the daytime vehicle is used on the evening service?

Why dont they run the last bus from Walsall to Brownhills West & continue it in service to Cannock?

Bob

The 70 will have been increased due to 71 being run by select. You can guarantee itll be decreased again....Arriva constantly mess with Cannock routes. Remember the complete network review that got virtually totally reversed a couple of months later? Makes you wonder if they actually had a clue lol

Westy

Any idea when the 3a tender is up?

Would I be correct in thinking the only Sunday services in the Cannock & Stafford served areas, from next weekend will be the NX 10, which will be daytimes to Burntwood eventually & the Arriva Telford 5 & whatever that interworks with, in Stafford?

Cheese

Quote from: Westy on March 26, 2018, 09:35:11 PM
Any idea when the 3a tender is up?

Would I be correct in thinking the only Sunday services in the Cannock & Stafford served areas, from next weekend will be the NX 10, which will be daytimes to Burntwood eventually & the Arriva Telford 5 & whatever that interworks with, in Stafford?

5 won't be interworking with anything. And you forgot the 101 in Stafford.

Westy

Keep an eye on Cannock Chase FM, as they've asked for opinions on their FaceBook about the loss of Arriva services.

Bob

Mainly slagging off Arriva but not mentioning the Tory council cuts

BusMan Greg

The majority of the buses on the route 70 today were optare solos. Also does it still interwork with the 60

Bob

Quote from: BusMan Greg on April 03, 2018, 11:48:55 AM
The majority of the buses on the route 70 today were optare solos. Also does it still interwork with the 60

Ooooh an upgrade lol

Westy

Quote from: Bob on April 02, 2018, 09:43:55 PM
Mainly slagging off Arriva but not mentioning the Tory council cuts

I suppose from that, we have an idea of their political leanings?

Bob

Lol possibly

In other news 2745 on the 1 and 2 today. Cannocks most knackered nail, on their supposedly premier service....im sure it would make your journey sparkle lol

Depotosw

I bet your glad the former 3793 didn't come back to Cannock :) Reported on service 5 in Telford today.

Bob

Yea that was the bus used to promote Arriva's "Investment" in the Pye Greens and Cannock in 2014 with a load of fanfare in the town centre...errrm what a short lived joke that was 🤣🤣🤣🤣

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk