News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Carolean Coaches, Willenhall

Started by Westy, February 02, 2024, 06:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Bevan

AS09 PAN is out on the 19 this morning.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Michael Bevan on February 21, 2024, 08:28:59 AMAS09 PAN is out on the 19 this morning.
Looks Very Smart does it have an assault Screen or not and are the Seats those Rock hard Urban 90's that feel like your sitting on the road you can feel every single bump.
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Westy

According to Tfwm site, Service 19 timetable extended hours of operation from tomorrow!

Rachvince53

Quote from: Westy on February 24, 2024, 11:08:37 PMAccording to Tfwm site, Service 19 timetable extended hours of operation from tomorrow!
I know the plan was that the withdrawn journeys would be reinstalled if the antisocial behaviour could be dealt with. Let's see how things go.

B7RLE

The driver let someone who wanted to purchase an nbus ticket on for free, so essentially the 19 is a free service atm if you ask for an nbus, I do question how long they've got to get ticket machines before TfWM start questioning it.

MW

Quote from: B7RLE on February 27, 2024, 02:40:06 PMThe driver let someone who wanted to purchase an nbus ticket on for free, so essentially the 19 is a free service atm if you ask for an nbus, I do question how long they've got to get ticket machines before TfWM start questioning it.

Possibly a backlog from Ticketer (if that's their supplier). Having said that, I know Rotala were selling some Used machines a while back. 

igogeneral

Quote from: B7RLE on February 27, 2024, 02:40:06 PMThe driver let someone who wanted to purchase an nbus ticket on for free, so essentially the 19 is a free service atm if you ask for an nbus, I do question how long they've got to get ticket machines before TfWM start questioning it.
Not easy to get immediately but do not concern yourself, they will get them. Just good to see they are getting on with the job in a professional way

BlackCountryBusSpotter

They probably got there Nbus on the next service they caught 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Wumpty

Quote from: igogeneral on February 27, 2024, 03:33:53 PMNot easy to get immediately but do not concern yourself, they will get them. Just good to see they are getting on with the job in a professional way
Absolutely @igogeneral - and THAT is what TfWM will focus on. In the grand scheme of things, the loss of fares or a quasi-free service is the least of their worries.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

hlliwmai

Quote from: Wumpty on February 28, 2024, 06:47:36 AMAbsolutely @igogeneral - and THAT is what TfWM will focus on. In the grand scheme of things, the loss of fares or a quasi-free service is the least of their worries.

I don't wish to knit pick but at least give them there fair dos Chaserider were at least organised when they took over operating the 19; they had ticket machines and printed timetables; admittedly they didn't necessarily have the route programmed into the blinds straight away but that's about the only thing they didn't do 

Wumpty

Quote from: hlliwmai on February 28, 2024, 01:09:31 PMI don't wish to knit pick but at least give them there fair dos Chaserider were at least organised when they took over operating the 19; they had ticket machines and printed timetables; admittedly they didn't necessarily have the route programmed into the blinds straight away but that's about the only thing they didn't do
I don't wish to nit pick either, but Carolean have picked up a contract at short notice to maintain a service that Chaserider handed back. They got buses in at short notice to maintain a service that Chaserider handed back. They've provided TfWM with an emergency option were there were very few other operators prepared to run the service, that Chaserider handed back.

We know the reasons why Chaserider handed it back, but give Carolean their dues - they've stepped in and got the job done to maintain a subsidised, socially-necessary service. TfWM set the timetables so there's plenty of options to view the timetable online, paper copies available, and even available in braille on request (I don't think operators are obliged to provide timetables).

Passengers want the bus to turn up, drop them off and do it as safely as possible........after all that BS.

Let's get behind them and give credit for what they ARE doing.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Wumpty on February 28, 2024, 01:28:20 PMI don't wish to nit pick either, but Carolean have picked up a contract at short notice to maintain a service that Chaserider handed back. They got buses in at short notice to maintain a service that Chaserider handed back. They've provided TfWM with an emergency option were there were very few other operators prepared to run the service, that Chaserider handed back.

We know the reasons why Chaserider handed it back, but give Carolean their dues - they've stepped in and got the job done to maintain a subsidised, socially-necessary service. TfWM set the timetables so there's plenty of options to view the timetable online, paper copies available, and even available in braille on request (I don't think operators are obliged to provide timetables).

Passengers want the bus to turn up, drop them off and do it as safely as possible........after all that BS.

Let's get behind them and give credit for what they ARE doing.
And Chaserider already had Ticket Machines as they had been operating for longer than Carolean, Carolean have sourced 3 buses 2 for use, 1 spare, Persumabably 2 or 3 Drivers if not including the Owner if he can drive, got some Graphics and Legals on there Bus, Provided a timetable, route trained the Drivers if they didn't already know the route, have a uniform sorted and a depot/secure land for storage. Chaserider in comparison had all of those things And had longer to prepare. Ticket machines will presumably be on a long waiting list due to the requirement of all buses needed to track. I highly doubt the Service is free as some people have said it is probably if they are getting the bus to Walsall and Back say, the Drivers know the Passenger takes Payment for a return, then say later the next Driver knows this person has paid in the morning and let's them on. As for Nbus tickets Passengers can get them on the next bus they get. Sometimes you can't get a ticket on an NX bus either Ticket Machine has frozen, the Cash Vault is jammed, the Ticket Printer is stuck or ran out of tickets, but you can get on the next service. It isn't a big issue, TFWM will presumably be aware Carolean don't have tickets and know they are probably sorting it
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on February 28, 2024, 03:15:17 PMthe Drivers know the Passenger takes Payment for a return, then say later the next Driver knows this person has paid in the morning and let's them on.
I very much doubt that. If they aren't issuing tickets, how would the relief driver be expected to know who has or hasn't paid in the morning.
Without the machines surely they can't take contactless payments as well.
And its also not imposssible someone wanted to travel on  3 separate 19s in one day where a daysaver presumably becomes cheaper than the £2 cash single.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: 2206 on February 28, 2024, 03:36:41 PMI very much doubt that. If they aren't issuing tickets, how would the relief driver be expected to know who has or hasn't paid in the morning.
Without the machines surely they can't take contactless payments as well.
And its also not imposssible someone wanted to travel on  3 separate 19s in one day where a daysaver presumably becomes cheaper than the £2 cash single.

At smaller firms Drivers tend to communicate with each other and all the 19 passengers are probably regulars. Like I said it can't be free it would be publisied but As the E&S and Brum Mail haven't reported it Carolean taking it over I assume they won't bother reporting on a free bus service 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Stu

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on February 28, 2024, 07:50:56 PMAt smaller firms Drivers tend to communicate with each other and all the 19 passengers are probably regulars. Like I said it can't be free it would be publisied but As the E&S and Brum Mail haven't reported it Carolean taking it over I assume they won't bother reporting on a free bus service
No, it's not a 'free bus service'.

I would imagine that most of the passengers who use this service are pass-holders anyway (concessionary or otherwise).

Even in the absence of a Ticketer, they can still accept cash for single journeys surely.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk