News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Carolean Coaches, Willenhall

Started by Westy, February 02, 2024, 06:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: Lukeee on February 05, 2024, 11:50:10 PMIn theory if they already have coaches then they could use a coach as long as its PSVAR equipped (I.e wheelchair lift, LED display blinds etc).
Won't using a wheelchair lift slow things down with loading / unloading?

MW

Quote from: Westy on February 06, 2024, 12:18:53 AMWon't using a wheelchair lift slow things down with loading / unloading?

Not if you don't see the intending passenger

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Lukeee on February 05, 2024, 11:50:10 PMIn theory if they already have coaches then they could use a coach as long as its PSVAR equipped (I.e wheelchair lift, LED display blinds etc).
Oh right would the Passsngers have been seatbelted or not 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Lukeee

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on February 06, 2024, 10:54:51 AMOh right would the Passsngers have been seatbelted or not
If a seat belt is provided then the passengers should use it, same as on the rare instance of a seat belted bus being used on any service. However the likely hood of passengers actually using the seat belts is very unlikely. 

igogeneral

That is not correct, the vehicle needs to be low floor which a coach is not

Wba_lad

So a few things,

I've heard that the new contract states that buses MUST have bandit alarms, in my opinion bandit alarms don't do anything I was on a national express West Midlands 47 the other day and some guy got on long story short he refused to get off so driver turned bus off and put the bandit alarm on 2 police vehicles passed do you think they stopped hearing that alarm blaring no they carried on, bandit alarms don't mean anything no one pays attention to them when they are going off, 

Secondly, from what I've heard I'm not saying I'm right or it's true before the comments start, I have heard that this company will only have 2 enviro 200s one being ex vision bus, if this is the case I'd love to know how they are going to manage when they have a window or as it has happened to Chaserider before both vehicles have windows smashed if they only have 2 vehicles how are they going to cope, I'm assuming they are going to need at least 4 buses for this route even then with the 19 route I don't think that is enough buses because I'm assuming they will have to have a company like PSV glass come out to replace their windows, this sometimes can take a few days, if they get targeted again the next day with spare buses it won't be good.

B7RLE

They appear to be a coach company based in Willienhall, and according to the TfWM website they are taking over the 19 from Chaserider on Sunday. https://www.tfwm.org.uk/plan-your-journey/ways-to-travel/buses-in-the-west-midlands/upcoming-bus-service-changes/

hlliwmai

@winston  I think this needs deleting  someone has created another thread for this company despite the fact I did that the other day 🙄🙄

hlliwmai

Drove past there yard earlier and noted that the Vision Bus Enviro has vanished I would like to assume that maybe they had possibly sent it off for paint during this week sometime and it'll be in plain white ready for Sunday (I mean pigs might fly of course) but stranger things have happened; it would appear that it has had a V5C change (this week) so I can only assume that maybe they have purchased that bus from Vision 

B7RLE

Quote from: hlliwmai on February 09, 2024, 11:20:57 PM@winston  I think this needs deleting  someone has created another thread for this company despite the fact I did that the other day 🙄🙄
My apologies, I did look and couldn't find one that already exists but I've just looked again and I can confirm I am definitley blind, sorry.

MW

Quote from: hlliwmai on February 09, 2024, 11:26:35 PMDrove past there yard earlier and noted that the Vision Bus Enviro has vanished I would like to assume that maybe they had possibly sent it off for paint during this week sometime and it'll be in plain white ready for Sunday (I mean pigs might fly of course) but stranger things have happened; it would appear that it has had a V5C change (this week) so I can only assume that maybe they have purchased that bus from Vision

Chartwell has/had a few Vision E200s, which are Euro 6 converted. 

hlliwmai

Quote from: MW on February 09, 2024, 11:45:54 PMChartwell has/had a few Vision E200s, which are Euro 6 converted.

I found the exact one (YX11 AEO) so it obvious that Carolean must of either purchased or leased it from Chartwell

MW

Quote from: hlliwmai on February 10, 2024, 12:27:07 AMI found the exact one (YX11 AEO) so it obvious that Carolean must of either purchased or leased it from Chartwell

Euro 6 isn't as hard to get these days. Between 20-30k gets you something that's been converted. Chartwell have also got a Euro 6 converted Optare Versa - it looks like an ex Decourcey one.

Time will tell if these Enviros are reliable. Don't quote me but I believe these YX11 Enviros have NX style interiors. New to Abellio?

hlliwmai

Quote from: MW on February 10, 2024, 12:45:22 AMEuro 6 isn't as hard to get these days. Between 20-30k gets you something that's been converted. Chartwell have also got a Euro 6 converted Optare Versa - it looks like an ex Decourcey one.

Time will tell if these Enviros are reliable. Don't quote me but I believe these YX11 Enviros have NX style interiors. New to Abellio?

correct @MW I would assume it was new to or owned by at some stage Travel London (or is that going a little too far back?)

Stu

Please browse or search the forum before starting a new topic, there is already a thread for this new operator:
https://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=6654.0
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk