News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Predictions for 2024

Started by Stu, December 09, 2023, 07:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: winston on December 10, 2023, 12:00:27 AMYes & a few other sites do, I have the face to face pleasure in Wetherspoons... :shocked:
I did mention this at the time, but he did give Chaserider one of his 'warm welcomes' on Twitter when they started.

Alas the tweet was deleted.

hlliwmai

Sandy Lane

For Coventry -

£2 single fare cap to continue up to the election.
NXC will take over the 60 from SC and up the service freq to 30 mins
SC 86 to revert back to 30 min freq and extended to Coventry rail station
Diamond will take over the A Line depot to have a base on the east side of West Mids for Coventry/Rugby area.
Coventry VLR tram project abandoned.

MasterPlan

The 002 cut to run Halesowen to Merry Hill only and the X21 extended to Halesowen during the week, or least every other one.

76 to be cut back to Solihull Station to QE Hospital only. Probably with no replacement.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

hlliwmai

Quote from: MasterPlan on December 10, 2023, 11:16:50 AMThe 002 cut to run Halesowen to Merry Hill only and the X21 extended to Halesowen during the week, or least every other one.

And Kev's would probably take on the Halesowen to Weoley side of the route 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Ginger66 on December 10, 2023, 08:14:55 AMDue to the (kings square shopping centre) been demolished in West Bromwich, TfWm opens upto the idea of two bus stations. 
new square station
5, 16, 40, 45, 66
----------
Diamond and NX have bus reviews
64 Wednesbury - West Bromwich (Dia)
66 West Bromwich - Stone Cross (Dia)
Merge and becomes 1 Wednesbury - Stone Cross

40/47 merge to form a circular route
2A/2C West Bromwich - Wednesbury

Is Kings Square actually due to be demolished, going through West Brom on Friday Kings Square had more shops than Queens Square because New Square took a lot of the shops that Queens Square had so if this planned I assume Queens Square can have the Shops Kings Square does. I assume you would keep the current West Brom bus station for the 4's, 74, 79, 80, 89 and a few others 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Ginger66

I heard houses are going to be built on the old kings cinema and indoor market,  Superdrug is moving to New Square and I heard Iceland is moving to the high street.

karl724223

Pensnett to lose Volvo single deckers to a garage with scania single deckers so they can be withdrawn 
47xx or 48xx to Wolverhampton 
More platinum buses to pensnett to replace them 

GoldenSquid

A lot of routes get re-timings to help with reliability (now that more drivers are being hired they could have some extra runs)
East Birmingham and South Birmingham depot gets confirmed
PB is 50% electric ran
NX have a GB Kite on demo - and then they chooses a single decker ev
NXWM try to change some single decker routes so they don't have to get too many single decker's or they stop operating them (e.g. another op get the 96 again)
X12/X13 has a timetable change with probably another reduction in service (after clock garage - maybe X13 hourly in daytime except for the Hams Hall mess of runs)
Train drivers will continue striking throughout the whole year with another NX strike maybe?
Merry Hill tram line opens

Completely out there predictions:

Diamond to get Arriva Tamworth (NXWM to take 110 - make it either on X5 or new X6)
Diamond take another small operator
First Worcester gets taken by another operator (Kevs/Diamond/NX/Stagecoach)
NX expands into Manchester
A new tram line gets announced
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

hlliwmai

Quote from: GoldenSquid on December 10, 2023, 08:49:01 PMCompletely out there predictions:

Yeah I think either Banga Buses; Let's Go; Select Bus or Chaserider 

BN

With the already confirmed disposal of North America, I predict the Cosmen family to take over Alsa part of Mobico.
Leaving NX UK the only business left in the group. NX bus will be taken over by TfWM and the coach arms to be bought by private firms.

Coventrybususer95

Stagecoach to sell Nuneaton and leamington depots to another operator 

Nxc to get ecitaros to replace the b7rles/ E200s 

All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

SuperSonic07

Quote from: GoldenSquid on December 10, 2023, 08:49:01 PMA lot of routes get re-timings to help with reliability (now that more drivers are being hired they could have some extra runs)
East Birmingham and South Birmingham depot gets confirmed
PB is 50% electric ran
NX have a GB Kite on demo - and then they chooses a single decker ev
NXWM try to change some single decker routes so they don't have to get too many single decker's or they stop operating them (e.g. another op get the 96 again)
X12/X13 has a timetable change with probably another reduction in service (after clock garage - maybe X13 hourly in daytime except for the Hams Hall mess of runs)
Train drivers will continue striking throughout the whole year with another NX strike maybe?
Merry Hill tram line opens

Completely out there predictions:

Diamond to get Arriva Tamworth (NXWM to take 110 - make it either on X5 or new X6)
First Worcester gets taken by another operator (Kevs/Diamond/NX/Stagecoach)
NX expands into Manchester
A new tram line gets announced

I can see 110 being taken by NXWM, personally id go for X6, also i would see the 907 being renumbered to the X7, 934-7 & 997 being renumbered and i would like a bus route connecting West Bromwitch and erdington, and one connecting scott arms and merry hill (sound familar)
Local Routes: 5, 16, 28, 51, 52, 61, X51
Localish Routes: 11A, 11C, 16A, 25, 33, 54, 54A, 907, 934, 935, 936, 937, 937A, 997

Westy

Quote from: Ginger66 on December 10, 2023, 04:07:16 PMI heard houses are going to be built on the old kings cinema and indoor market,  Superdrug is moving to New Square and I heard Iceland is moving to the high street.
My other sister lives in West Brom near the Tesco.

Hasn't mentioned anything AFAIK.

j789

Predictions - First and NX bus to merge and First Midlands depots in Worcester, Stoke and Leicester to be incorporated with NX West Mids into a wider midlands operation. 

Worcester to Birmingham express service via M5 to be launched due to continued train strikes making such a service more viable.

20 QE to Bromsgrove frequency to be increased again to half hourly.

And hopefully no Labour Mayor here - Andy Street has done a fair job in the grand scheme of things, dealing with the Covid period, etc. As long as there aren't any more global pandemics or similar, passenger numbers will increase next year and hopefully support operators to start being proactive again with new routes.

Andy Burnham to realise that money does not grow on trees, and the Bee livery has to be rebranded as 'U' instead (standing for unmitigated tax payer disaster!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk