News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Kevs bus fleet list

Started by igogeneral, November 29, 2023, 04:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

igogeneral

You cannot view this attachment.

PeterHorridgePSVC

Thanks for posting that!   I see YX 61 GAA still has not gone!
As we spoke recently, Bustimes.org https://bustimes.org/operators/kevs-cars-and-coaches/vehicles has a vehicle LV 73 TWY (as well as the correct LV 73 TYW).  It seems to be a duplication as they both have similar route schedules.  But it doesn't have LV 73 TWD for some reason.

igogeneral

Quote from: PeterHorridgePSVC on December 04, 2023, 05:35:15 PMThanks for posting that!  I see YX 61 GAA still has not gone!
As we spoke recently, Bustimes.org https://bustimes.org/operators/kevs-cars-and-coaches/vehicles has a vehicle LV 73 TWY (as well as the correct LV 73 TYW).  It seems to be a duplication as they both have similar route schedules.  But it doesn't have LV 73 TWD for some reason.
GA to be retained as a spare vehicle, some confusion with Mellor vehicles at the moment but will be corrected later this week

igogeneral

UXO and FJO now returned to Mistral and Dawsons

B61 ANDREW

Busview have LL11XPX , a large Mercedes 'minibus' as operating for Kevs. One for the contracts side of the business I assume. 

igogeneral

Bit more then a minibus as it has 44 seats !! Ex London Olympics vehicle with very low mileage used on home to school services

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: igogeneral on January 21, 2024, 09:33:57 PMBit more then a minibus as it has 44 seats !!
I have only seen it twice , the first time I thought "that's an ugly looking coach".  :rolleyes: :cheesy:

igogeneral

I totally agree, it is exceptionally ugly but very functional for the job it was purchased for

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: igogeneral on January 22, 2024, 07:36:01 PMI totally agree, it is exceptionally ugly but very functional for the job it was purchased for
Does this mean the end of the road for the Versa ??  :undecided:

igogeneral

No. just needs a new turbo and a general overall

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: igogeneral on January 22, 2024, 09:27:05 PMNo. just needs a new turbo and a general overall
The same could apply to me !  Thanks for the information.  :smiley:

DMCL

Quote from: igogeneral on January 22, 2024, 07:36:01 PMI totally agree, it is exceptionally ugly but very functional for the job it was purchased for
Don't be too hard on the appearance. I think it has a certain appeal that you can warm to. Body built by Nu-Track which was based in Ballymena in Northern Ireland. The company is no longer trading.   

Mike K

Quote from: DMCL on January 23, 2024, 03:57:51 PMDon't be too hard on the appearance. I think it has a certain appeal that you can warm to. Body built by Nu-Track which was based in Ballymena in Northern Ireland. The company is no longer trading. 
I'm not surprised if they churned out vehicles looking like that. It's hideous. 

Wumpty

Quote from: igogeneral on January 21, 2024, 09:33:57 PMBit more then a minibus as it has 44 seats !! Ex London Olympics vehicle with very low mileage used on home to school services
It reminds me of Gordon from Thomas the Tank Engine!

It has quite a pompous look to it (and I rather like it!) - reminds me of the Leyland Swifts that Stevensons used to operate.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

igogeneral

Quote from: Wumpty on January 26, 2024, 10:13:55 AMIt reminds me of Gordon from Thomas the Tank Engine!

It has quite a pompous look to it (and I rather like it!) - reminds me of the Leyland Swifts that Stevensons used to operate.
Good to drive but all the staff affectionally call it the horsebox. PSVAR so what is there not to like, we cannot all be good looking :cool: :evil:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk