News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service 42

Started by Sandy Lane, September 24, 2023, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

On Clifford Bridge Rd the south bound flags now show a service 42. No timetable found at the stop.
Eventually found a timetable on the TfWM site.
Appears to run once daily in a southbound direction only very early in the morning Keresley Village (0443) to Warwick Uni. (0540).
Appears to start 25 September.
Any more gen available please?

Quote from: Sandy Lane on September 24, 2023, 11:01:17 AMOn Clifford Bridge Rd the south bound flags now show a service 42. No timetable found at the stop.
Eventually found a timetable on the TfWM site.
Appears to run once daily in a southbound direction only very early in the morning Keresley Village (0443) to Warwick Uni. (0540).
Appears to start 25 September.
Any more gen available please?
New services 41 and 42 to get people to the University of Warwick early in the morning from across Coventry.
Also timetable changes on 11/12X as the University of Warwick returns from Summer Holidays.
Timetable changes from 25th September | NX Bus Coventry

The 41/42 services are subsidised by the University of Warwick.
https://warwick.ac.uk/services/estates/transport/subsidised_bus
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

JPC

Such a mammoth load of stops being updated just for this, I take it one crew does the flags and another does the timetables.
In regard to the routing it would be more sensible to put Keresley Village to Burnaby Rd/Catesby Road on to the 41 route and start the 42 route from Holbrook Lane/Burnaby Rd, this would shorten the journey from the Keresley section to the University by 15 minutes.

Sandy Lane

Thks for the info.

Give or take a bit of the route - is this 42 service really just an early morning extended southbound SC 60?
Wonder if SC couldn't provide a bus so early in the morning so NXC took it on?

Interesting there appears not to be a need for a direct return bus.

Stu

Quote from: Sandy Lane on September 24, 2023, 12:47:30 PMInteresting there appears not to be a need for a direct return bus.
Presumably because there are more daytime services available when these people finish work.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Coventrybususer95

Did the 41/42 run today as at the time of posting there's no tracking history on bus times
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Danthebusman

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on September 25, 2023, 05:09:15 AMDid the 41/42 run today as at the time of posting there's no tracking history on bus times
It must have, I don't think it will track until the next update as weekday 12Xs are also not tracking and haven't been for a few weeks now.

Tony

Danthebusman

Good, we'll see if 41/42 track tomorrow morning.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk