News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

X1 transfers to Coventry 22/10/2023

Started by JPC, September 16, 2023, 02:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cardew

Quote from: JPC on September 27, 2023, 07:34:01 PMThe new NXC X1 timetable has been uploaded to Traveline today... click HERE to view.

Let's hope that losing two journeys before 7am doesn't prove a problem on train strike days. On a recent strike day I had to catch the 5:30 for an early flight (and there are a lot of those from BHX) and the 73 seater platinum was packed.

Danthebusman

Unsure if this information can even be disclosed at the moment, but does anyone have an idea of what the PVR will be of the CV X1?

mesub

Quote from: Danthebusman on October 07, 2023, 11:13:50 AMUnsure if this information can even be disclosed at the moment, but does anyone have an idea of what the PVR will be of the CV X1?

I don't think it'll be disclosed since it's commercially sensitive information...
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Stu

Quote from: Danthebusman on October 07, 2023, 11:13:50 AMUnsure if this information can even be disclosed at the moment, but does anyone have an idea of what the PVR will be of the CV X1?
Quote from: mesub on October 07, 2023, 07:21:45 PMI don't think it'll be disclosed since it's commercially sensitive information...
It will probably be around the same as at present, though without factoring the X2 journeys in.

Have a look on BusTimes on Monday around 8:30am to 9am and see how many buses are in use, that will give you a rough idea of the PVR.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

JPC

After a study of the new timetable the number of vehicles working on the service during the core Mon-Sat daytime is 9 buses with an increase to 11 buses between 1510 and 1727 Mon-Fri.
However with the nature of electrics having to go to charge after approx. three round trips we would be unsure what the true peak vehicle requirement would be.

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: JPC on October 07, 2023, 10:46:00 PMAfter a study of the new timetable the number of vehicles working on the service during the core Mon-Sat daytime is 9 buses with an increase to 11 buses between 1510 and 1727 Mon-Fri.
However with the nature of electrics having to go to charge after approx. three round trips we would be unsure what the true peak vehicle requirement would be.
They're only doing 1 round trip before going back in to go on charage

Stu

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on October 08, 2023, 05:22:20 AMThey're only doing 1 round trip before going back in to go on charage

That's not what Tony posted earlier in this topic.

Quote from: Tony on September 18, 2023, 09:48:58 AMThe scheduling will be 3 round trips then into garage for a top up

I don't know how long a 'top-up' charge would take, but presumably this would then enable that vehicle to re-enter service, either on the X1 or any other route as required.
So there wouldn't necessarily be any significant increase in PVR.
My locals:

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Stu on October 08, 2023, 07:28:10 PMThat's not what Tony posted earlier in this topic.

I don't know how long a 'top-up' charge would take, but presumably this would then enable that vehicle to re-enter service, either on the X1 or any other route as required.
I'm going off what ive been told at work by quite a few people. Only times I've been told that won't happen is the night runs

Danthebusman

Quote from: Stu on October 08, 2023, 07:28:10 PMThat's not what Tony posted earlier in this topic.

I've noticed before on bustimes EVs that have been sent out an hour or 2 after going in for a charge.

Tony

Quote from: Danthebusman on October 08, 2023, 08:49:26 PMI've noticed before on bustimes EVs that have been sent out an hour or 2 after going in for a charge.
No, you've noticed peak boards, returning to garage as planned same as diesels do. Buses don't go in for an hour to be charged. Buses go out do a running board, then get charged. There's no random charging in between trips. The X1 will be the same with running boards matched to electric range

Michael Bevan

This is going to sound stupid, but how is the transfer of the route going to work on the 22nd of October? Will NX Coventry start on the overnight 01:05 short between Birmingham and Birmingham Airport? Or will NX West Midlands run that on the Sunday?

mesub

Quote from: Michael Bevan on October 12, 2023, 06:58:15 PMThis is going to sound stupid, but how is the transfer of the route going to work on the 22nd of October? Will NX Coventry start on the overnight 01:05 short between Birmingham and Birmingham Airport? Or will NX West Midlands run that on the Sunday?

I would presume they would start from the 03:00 journey since that's when the "nxbus day" starts?
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Stu

Quote from: Michael Bevan on October 12, 2023, 06:58:15 PMThis is going to sound stupid, but how is the transfer of the route going to work on the 22nd of October? Will NX Coventry start on the overnight 01:05 short between Birmingham and Birmingham Airport? Or will NX West Midlands run that on the Sunday?
I don't know for certain, but I can see why they chose to do this on the 22nd rather than the following Sunday when the clocks go back! :laugh:

Ordinarily I would have assumed any change would be from the start of 'daytime' service.

I don't know if TfWM just format their timetables incorrectly but they suggest that the daytime service starts from around 4am.

Looking at BusTimes history, it would appear that the service that starts from Moor Street at 0105 is on its own running board. If that's still considered part of the Saturday schedule, then I would guess that BC would still run that duty.

No doubt there'll be some hardcore enthusiasts looking to be 'the first' to photo an NX Coventry bus operating in Birmingham! :rolleyes:
My locals:

JPC

Quote from: Stu on October 12, 2023, 07:39:51 PMI don't know for certain, but I can see why they chose to do this on the 22nd rather than the following Sunday when the clocks go back! :laugh:

Bustimes shows the 0105 from Moor St to Birmingham Airport as Trip 1, so I expect this is when the NXC operation commences, however it seems NXC's 'overnight' portion begins as 0004 from Coventry to Birmingham but there should be no need to run that trip on the first day as BC will be operating their last departure from Coventry at 0020.

Also I am intrigued about what will happen when the clocks 'go back' as it seems driving hours will be exceeded if an extra hour is added to the 0004 to 0506 portion.

Jack6101

Just saw a pic on Facebook , looks like E120 will be doing the doing the first Coventry X1 
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk