News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry noteworthy workings - any point anymore?

Started by Stu, September 06, 2023, 07:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

I knew this time would come eventually, so the question to be asked now is whether anything can be considered 'noteworthy' at Coventry?

There's now one standard type of double-deck, the ADL E400EV.

Of the remaining single-decks, there are still two types, the ADL E200s, and the Eclipse 2 B7RLEs.

It's already been stated that bar the 20B, which needs single-decks as it passes under a low bridge, all of Coventry's routes are perfectly capable of using double-decks.

With 30 single-decks left, these are going to still see daily use, apart from the 20B, I don't know if there are any other routes that are specifically allocated singles, perhaps due to not actually requiring the seating capacity of a double.

Is it fair to assume that for double-deck routes, any single deck can be considered 'also commonly used', especially if they're the only 'spares' available?

Likewise, would an E400EV also be 'also commonly used' for those routes using single-decks? With the obvious exception of the 20B.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk