News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus routes on the decline

Started by Danthebusman, August 11, 2023, 10:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Straightlines

More stealth cuts and Summer timetables becoming permanent ones by National Express West Midlands coming this September!

Quote from: Straightlines on August 25, 2023, 02:18:17 PMMore stealth cuts and Summer timetables becoming permanent ones by National Express West Midlands coming this September!
There are some frequency increases from the 24/09. Timetables on TFWM site.
28 increasing back to every 12 mins during the day etc.

What major reductions are there?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

On a positive if the x12 is getting extra short workings in evening between business park and station  :rolleyes:

Steve3229vp

Quote from: 2206 on August 25, 2023, 02:24:17 PMThere are some frequency increases from the 24/09. Timetables on TFWM site.

The 28 is every 15 minutes from 10th September.

GoldenSquid

Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 25, 2023, 02:53:37 PMOn a positive if the x12 is getting extra short workings in evening between business park and station  :rolleyes:
There's gonna be more than 5? they are pointless tbh. 
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

monkeyjoe

Quote from: GoldenSquid on August 25, 2023, 04:51:21 PMThere's gonna be more than 5? they are pointless tbh.
I wouldn't say pointless, guess aimed at workers / commuters from business park getting home. Still exist. 

Tony

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 25, 2023, 04:23:31 PMThe 28 is every 15 minutes from 10th September.
The original post said every 12 from the 24th, so obviously will be lower before or the post wouldn't make sense 

ellspurs

I do laugh every time I see that (with the evening/Sunday service on the 96) the Business Park gets a better service on evenings/Sundays than it does during the day (3/hour against 2/hour except Sunday evening when it's 2/hour).

Straightlines

Quote from: 2206 on August 25, 2023, 02:24:17 PMThere are some frequency increases from the 24/09. Timetables on TFWM site.

I didn't say major reductions.

But there are definitely some services that aren't showing as reverting to their pre Summer frequencies (even from 24/09) and other services with frequency reductions on Weekends.

As I said initially, stealth cuts!

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Straightlines on August 25, 2023, 06:15:27 PMI didn't say major reductions.

But there are definitely some services that aren't showing as reverting to their pre Summer frequencies (even from 24/09) and other services with frequency reductions on Weekends.

As I said initially, stealth cuts!
I don't think it's down to stealth cuts but more likely down to driver availability 

ellspurs

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/40m-taxpayer-cash-save-west-27633862

Service maintained until the end of December 2024 or something.

A quote from the article:

Quote from: that articleThe opposition party said two-thirds of bus services in the West Midlands had been axed since 2011, making the region the hardest hit.

How true is that?

Stu

Quote from: ellspurs on September 01, 2023, 07:29:23 PMhttps://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/40m-taxpayer-cash-save-west-27633862

Service maintained until the end of December 2024 or something.

A quote from the article:

How true is that?

See earlier in this thread, there have been questions asked of the claims made by the opposition Labour party, which as far as I am aware have not yet been substantiated.

This 'deal to save services' was actually revealed by Route One magazine which I reported on end of July:
https://wmbu.org.uk/2023/07/nx-bus-network-preserved-until-2024-despite-losses/

Following on from comments made recently to the media by Green Bus MD Ian Mack following the axing of their school bus services, it is my opinion that the media are engaging in 'social engineering' to get the general public to 'warm' to the idea of introducing bus franchising to the West Midlands.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk