News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Aston Manor 25 June 2023 running day

Started by Westy, June 17, 2023, 03:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Westy

As usual, details of which vehicles appearing won't be known until nearer next Sunday, but something of interest, according to Facebook, is the appearance of  an extra special visitor will be the National Express DRIVR bus simulator. Thus state of the art simulator, fitted into Scania bus 1837, gives users the opportunity to get the feel of driving a real bus and is used in recruitment of new drivers. It should be available to visitors on payment of a small donation to charity - so here's your chance to try your hand at bus driving!

karl724223

Quote from: Westy on June 17, 2023, 03:55:24 PMAs usual, details of which vehicles appearing won't be known until nearer next Sunday, but something of interest, according to Facebook, is the appearance of  an extra special visitor will be the National Express DRIVR bus simulator. Thus state of the art simulator, fitted into Scania bus 1837, gives users the opportunity to get the feel of driving a real bus and is used in recruitment of new drivers. It should be available to visitors on payment of a small donation to charity - so here's your chance to try your hand at bus driving!
Get the sister in the seat 

GeminiFan1991

Nice. I'm not all too familiar with Running Day events. What do they consist of?
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

uniquicity

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on June 17, 2023, 09:14:59 PMNice. I'm not all too familiar with Running Day events. What do they consist of?

Windows being licked

Westy

Quote from: karl724223 on June 17, 2023, 04:37:30 PMGet the sister in the seat
You've just reminded me.

When Pensnett took over the 11/11a, did you have any Walsall drivers transfer over at the same time?

I used to work with someone at the company I work for, then she moved divisions & locations.

I happened to spot her a couple of years ago in Walsall Bus Station, wearing an NX uniform, & we had a natter.

I then think I saw her on a Pensnett 14, when I was having a ride round the one day & I got off at Blackheath.

(Taking a guess, if it was her, she was route learning?)

<redacted>

windy miller

Quote from: uniquicity on June 17, 2023, 09:16:07 PMWindows being licked
Is there an entrance fee for this event?  ..Is there somewhere to park?? I have not been to a Manor event since they moved from witton    Should be well worth a visit... 
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Jack6101

Quote from: Westy on June 17, 2023, 09:42:08 PMYou've just reminded me.

When Pensnett took over the 11/11a, did you have any Walsall drivers transfer over at the same time?

I used to work with someone at the company I work for, then she moved divisions & locations.

I happened to spot her a couple of years ago in Walsall Bus Station, wearing an NX uniform, & we had a natter.

I then think I saw her on a Pensnett 14, when I was having a ride round the one day & I got off at Blackheath.

<redacted>
One of the drivers I know was at Walsall till janurary then moved over to pensnett
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Stu

Quote from: Westy on June 17, 2023, 09:42:08 PMI happened to spot her a couple of years ago in Walsall Bus Station, wearing an NX uniform, & we had a natter.

<redacted>
@Westy I remind you and others of item 15 in the Forum Rules, thank you.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Re the 'small donation ', can someone define the amount  for 'small donation ' please?

Westy

Quote from: windy miller on June 18, 2023, 03:33:51 AMIs there an entrance fee for this event?  ..Is there somewhere to park?? I have not been to a Manor event since they moved from witton    Should be well worth a visit...

Normally a fiver for the running days.

Limited parking on site.

Park & Ride at Middlemore Lane West, the car park/play area there.

Normally a free bus from various areas, but I normally go from Walsall Hatherton Road opposite the Bus Station (the X51 unload stop), first bus about 1020am then half hourly!

Edit - Aston Manor have now provided more information on Facebook, but entrance is now £6!

Gareth

Quote from: Westy on June 17, 2023, 03:55:24 PMAs usual, details of which vehicles appearing won't be known until nearer next Sunday, but something of interest, according to Facebook, is the appearance of  an extra special visitor will be the National Express DRIVR bus simulator. Thus state of the art simulator, fitted into Scania bus 1837, gives users the opportunity to get the feel of driving a real bus and is used in recruitment of new drivers. It should be available to visitors on payment of a small donation to charity - so here's your chance to try your hand at bus driving!
I remember back in either 1996 or 1998 and attending the Park Lane open day. I paid £3 to drive a Leyland Lynx from the training fleet. Now that was exciting. I'd imagine there's less risk assessment paperwork in letting the kids go on a simulator! 

Westy

According to Facebook, sadly 1837 won't be at Aldridge on Sunday!

Westy

Looks like one of Aston Manor's D9's has packed up on the road to Barr Beacon!

Might be oil related!

Smoke coming out the back!

Other D9 on way to replace it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk