News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New tenders

Started by Jack D, July 03, 2023, 08:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK63 YWP

QuoteThere is, but he's standing in a revised area, but I can't remember if Codsall is part of the new constituncey he's standing in or not?
South Staffordshire constituency will now include Kingswinford... 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

mesub

Quote from: sonic84 on October 19, 2023, 04:53:16 PMSince the withdrawal of the 22 and X64, the Barley Green routing of the x21, x22 and 23 seems quite complicated.

It's just how the roads in the area are, unfortunately.

There needs to be a balance between the 'sub-areas' served and efficiency.
When part of the route is unavailable (e.g. Woodgate Lane on the 23), diversions can be long winded, so I do think the route planning team is doing a good job.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Rachvince53

Quote from: Craigkibbs on October 12, 2023, 05:56:47 PMSo route 5 codsall to wolvo the evening and sunday journeys have apparently been put out for tender?
No evening or Sunday buses will operate on the 5 or 5A. 

mranon

Quote from: Rachvince53 on October 22, 2023, 07:49:15 PMNo evening or Sunday buses will operate on the 5 or 5A.
according to bilbrook parish council they may be subsidising evening and sunday service, as there was a timetable albeit the 11.10 wolves to codsall and 11.42 codsallto wolves wasnt running

Jimboe89

Quote from: mranon on October 22, 2023, 08:30:15 PMaccording to bilbrook parish council they may be subsidising evening and sunday service, as there was a timetable albeit the 11.10 wolves to codsall and 11.42 codsallto wolves wasnt running

The Bilbrook Facebook page seems to think a tender for evening and Sunday service has been won by Chaserider.

Craigkibbs

They have its on there website

Rachvince53

Quote from: Jimboe89 on October 24, 2023, 05:13:43 PMThe Bilbrook Facebook page seems to think a tender for evening and Sunday service has been won by Chaserider.
My apologies, my information was based on the information on the TfWM website which stated that no evening or Sunday service would operate. 

Chaserider will run on service 5 only to a similar timetable to the current NX timetable.  However the last journey each way will not run (eg 11.10pm to Codsall). 

Rachvince53

Please note that as Chaserider don't start operating service 5 Wolverhampton to Codsall until tomorrow, there is no service on this route today (Sunday 5th November). 

Westy

Quote from: Rachvince53 on November 05, 2023, 09:45:33 AMPlease note that as Chaserider don't start operating service 5 Wolverhampton to Codsall until tomorrow, there is no service on this route today (Sunday 5th November).
Someone's fouled up then, if they've havent accounted for that!

hlliwmai

Quote from: Rachvince53 on November 05, 2023, 09:45:33 AMPlease note that as Chaserider don't start operating service 5 Wolverhampton to Codsall until tomorrow, there is no service on this route today (Sunday 5th November).

Actually they ARE running it from today, originally I'm led to believe that they had been told that it was from tomorrow however they received an email this week from TfWM confirming that they was starting operating from today 05/11/23 they hadn't been prepared because it wasn't programmed into the blinds and neither have the ticket machines been progarmmed with the route on so according to what I have been told there is a driver on it today driving but he cannot take fares because like I said it not being programmed into the ticket machine(s) and according to what I was told it is allegedly tracking as Rail Replacemnt but Chaserider unlike Diamond do not track on bus times as rail replacement but the bus is definitely out there somewhere it's either going to be 505 or 506. 

Rachvince53

Quote from: hlliwmai on November 05, 2023, 04:12:27 PMActually they ARE running it from today, originally I'm led to believe that they had been told that it was from tomorrow however they received an email this week from TfWM confirming that they was starting operating from today 05/11/23 they hadn't been prepared because it wasn't programmed into the blinds and neither have the ticket machines been progarmmed with the route on so according to what I have been told there is a driver on it today driving but he cannot take fares because like I said it not being programmed into the ticket machine(s) and according to what I was told it is allegedly tracking as Rail Replacemnt but Chaserider unlike Diamond do not track on bus times as rail replacement but the bus is definitely out there somewhere it's either going to be 505 or 506.
Thanks. I thought it odd that there was to be no Sunday service today on a subsidised service. Normally if a service has Sunday journeys, then that's the day changes take effect. 

Jack D

Changes to routes from 25/2/24.

X64 - New Service. Birmingham to Minworth Peddimore via Aston, Erdington, The Fort, Castle Vale.
64 - New Service Nechells to Minworth Peddimore via Erdington, The Fort, Bromford Road (Hodge Hill), Castle Vale, Asda.
Good to see more connections to the fort 
n-ps-01-02-2024.pdf (tfwm.org.uk)

Timetables and route maps are on TFWM website.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk