News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Fare dodging

Started by Ginger66, April 26, 2023, 04:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginger66

@Tony @Simon Dunn  I caught the 40 at 16:23 diamond service from West Bromwich and the driver refused NX tickets, and the driver  did not like the fact passengers with NX tickets boarded and sat down and implied we fare dodged. 

We tried telling the driver it's a partnership route and nx tickets are accepted but he wanted to passengers to sort with inspector.

I have a monthly NX pass as I have other buses that I catch which are run my nx.  My first and last bus I catch is the 40 and it's a partnership route.

Ginger66

I've just looked up the partnership agreement details and found this on Diamond bus website 

West Midlands Bus Partnership Routes
The following services are operated as "West Midlands Bus Partnership" Routes.
31 Walsall to Mossley
32 Walsall to Lower Farm
40 West Bromwich to Wednesbury
42 West Bromwich to Dudley
43 West Bromwich to Bilston

Diamond Bus are working in partnership with Transport for West Midlands and National Express, to provide a joint timetables on these routes. We also have a joint ticketing acceptance agreement on these routes to make travel on these routes easier for customers.
Both Diamond and National Express will be operating jointly on these routes, with the the same branded "West Midlands Bus" livery on both operators vehicles.
Diamond and National Express will accept selected tickets on each others partnership services, so you can simply catch the first bus that comes along!

I cannot understand why that driver of the diamond bus 40 service refusing to accept NX tickets this afternoon

Westy

Me & my brother got 'misinformed ' by a Diamond driver on a 31 in Walsall BS a few years ago, when we tried to use a Nx ticket.

We just got the Nx 32 behind instead!

Solo1

Wonder if driver is new or normally on different route & was covering on the 40 & didn't know 

Ginger66

Quote from: Solo1 on April 27, 2023, 06:55:19 AMWonder if driver is new or normally on different route & was covering on the 40 & didn't know
I think he didn't know

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Ginger66 on April 26, 2023, 04:47:15 PM@Tony @Simon Dunn  I caught the 40 at 16:23 diamond service from West Bromwich and the driver refused NX tickets, and the driver  did not like the fact passengers with NX tickets boarded and sat down and implied we fare dodged. 

We tried telling the driver it's a partnership route and nx tickets are accepted but he wanted to passengers to sort with inspector.

I have a monthly NX pass as I have other buses that I catch which are run my nx.  My first and last bus I catch is the 40 and it's a partnership route.
Quote from: Ginger66 on April 26, 2023, 04:47:15 PM@Tony @Simon Dunn  I caught the 40 at 16:23 diamond service from West Bromwich and the driver refused NX tickets, and the driver  did not like the fact passengers with NX tickets boarded and sat down and implied we fare dodged. 

Can you confirm the date this refers to

Simon

Ginger66

Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 29, 2023, 05:41:35 AMCan you confirm the date this refers to

Simon
Was Wednesday 26th April 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk