News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Relient

Started by Ginger66, March 21, 2023, 03:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginger66

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 23, 2023, 01:41:06 PMWonder if we will see coventry sold off so nx group can concentrate on one area
That's interesting could see stagecoach going for it if it is put up for sale 

Ginger66

If the strike is settled at the weekend and Mr Street does the inevitable and brings in franchising.   The Birmingham and Black county area is too big and would need time to sort how to do the franchise but I could see Coventry been done first.

Stu

Quote from: Ginger66 on March 23, 2023, 08:34:17 PMIf the strike is settled at the weekend and Mr Street does the inevitable and brings in franchising.  The Birmingham and Black county area is too big and would need time to sort how to do the franchise but I could see Coventry been done first.
Franchising will be implemented eventually regardless of whether Mr Street or the Labour candidate gets elected as Mayor next year.

I have questioned before about having a 'third-party' in Zenobe having ownership of new vehicles and charging infrastructure, as it seems to me that it becomes fairly easily (potentially) for a franchise to 'pass' from one bus operator to another, if that operator doesn't actually own those vehicles - or even the charging mechanisms - and is merely renting or leasing them from this third-party (Zenobe).

Certainly one to keep an eye on.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk