News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Repaints and refurbishments 2023

Started by BK63 YWP, February 02, 2023, 06:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JosephR

4762 out in grey is that all PN buses out of paint now 

BN

Quote from: JosephR on January 24, 2024, 03:35:51 PM4762 out in grey is that all PN buses out of paint now
Yes, full steam ahead on Wolverhampton again now

JosephR

Quote from: BN on January 24, 2024, 06:26:00 PMYes, full steam ahead on Wolverhampton again now
Nice. Does that includes ex wb transfers 

BN

JosephR

I knew the company was being economical with repaints, but why have so many of 4880 and above been painted in single grey. As if it weren't bad enough having 6 liverys on the streets already. Now there's another one! 

Mike K

Quote from: JosephR on January 30, 2024, 11:05:10 PMI knew the company was being economical with repaints, but why have so many of 4880 and above been painted in single grey. As if it weren't bad enough having 6 liverys on the streets already. Now there's another one!
I'm not sure painting a bus all over dark grey qualifies as a livery. That article on why the company moved from the awful red and white diagonal livery, to the attractive crimson and platinum liveries, seems a long time ago.  

Westy

Dont know whether this is the right thread or not, but is there a reason why Im seeing various Wolverhampton vehicles both in crimson & grey with missing bits of fleetnames?

karl724223

Quote from: Westy on January 31, 2024, 07:00:19 AMDont know whether this is the right thread or not, but is there a reason why Im seeing various Wolverhampton vehicles both in crimson & grey with missing bits of fleetnames?

New panels from accident damage at a guess.

Stu

Quote from: karl724223 on January 31, 2024, 09:16:30 AMNew panels from accident damage at a guess.
That's the most likely explanation. Any missing details (vinyls, logos etc) will just be added back on a later date.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Quote from: Stu on January 31, 2024, 08:32:00 PMThat's the most likely explanation. Any missing details (vinyls, logos etc) will just be added back on a later date.

Dunno about the Crimsons, but the greys would have not long been repainted, so it just seemed strange you had half a logo on some vehicles.

By the way, does this mean the separate reference to 'Serving Wolverhampton since 1900' wont be reapplied, to make transfers easier?

BNH2004

Quote from: Westy on January 31, 2024, 07:00:19 AMDont know whether this is the right thread or not, but is there a reason why Im seeing various Wolverhampton vehicles both in crimson & grey with missing bits of fleetnames?

I've noted 2002, 2004, 2005, 2014, 2015, 2076 that has been repainted into grey and is missing nxwm logos

Wumpty

Quote from: Mike K on January 30, 2024, 11:21:29 PMI'm not sure painting a bus all over dark grey qualifies as a livery. That article on why the company moved from the awful red and white diagonal livery, to the attractive crimson and platinum liveries, seems a long time ago. 
Completely agree @Mike K - that article was from 2015:

https://thebeautyoftransport.com/2017/08/16/crimson-tide-national-express-west-midlands-visual-identity-2015/

The principle, even now, is the same. Yes, there are still some red/whites running(even with connection dots!), though @Tony has explained these as stopgap vehicles with short life left, though agree it doesn't help with strong brand affinity for customers.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

JosephR

Should not the all over one shade grey buses have their bus times livery rectified. 

The Zenobe spares livery' is correct. 

Gareth

Quote from: JosephR on February 04, 2024, 11:35:17 PMShould not the all over one shade grey buses have their bus times livery rectified.

I don't think anyone will notice or care to be blunt.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: JosephR on February 04, 2024, 11:35:17 PMShould not the all over one shade grey buses have their bus times livery rectified.

I don't think it really matters, even most of us bus enthusiasts aren't really bothered about this, we just want to get on a bus just like everyone else.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk