News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Old route maps?

Started by EK40, April 24, 2023, 08:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonic84

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 13, 2023, 04:43:28 AMQuick question - does anyone have a 2008 Sandwell and Dudley map that has the routings for the 449 (West Brom - Brandhall/Bearwood) and 450 (West Brom - Bearwood/Brandhall) Diamond routes? (I've got the timetable leaflet, but the Diamond timetable doesn't have a route description, like many of the other ones they printed in 2008)
I don't have a copy of the route map but they were basically circular services which combined thre NXWm 449 and 450.

At the time the 449 ran West Bromwich to Brandhall, and so the Diamond Route then extended via Kingsway and Hagley Road West to Bearwood, then turned left onto High Street where it picked up the 450 route.

Between Brandhall and Bearwood I believe the buses could show either 449 or 450 as I'm pretty sure through tickets were available.

the trainbasher

QuoteI don't have a copy of the route map but they were basically circular services which combined thre NXWm 449 and 450.

At the time the 449 ran West Bromwich to Brandhall, and so the Diamond Route then extended via Kingsway and Hagley Road West to Bearwood, then turned left onto High Street where it picked up the 450 route.

Between Brandhall and Bearwood I believe the buses could show either 449 or 450 as I'm pretty sure through tickets were available.

Cheers. I know its not the only time Diamond had routes which showed one number in one direction but another in another direction (I found a old timetable which was for the 217/247/248 which had buses from Blackheath or Dudley to Stourbridge show 248, buses from Stourbridge to Blackheath show 217 and buses from Stourbridge to Dudley show 247 (despite being three distinct routes (247/8 Dudley - Stourbridge and 217 Merry Hill - Blackheath))

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

sonic84

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 13, 2023, 11:15:08 AMCheers. I know its not the only time Diamond had routes which showed one number in one direction but another in another direction (I found a old timetable which was for the 217/247/248 which had buses from Blackheath or Dudley to Stourbridge show 248, buses from Stourbridge to Blackheath show 217 and buses from Stourbridge to Dudley show 247 (despite being three distinct routes (247/8 Dudley - Stourbridge and 217 Merry Hill - Blackheath))
The other example is when Diamond took over the 443 Birmingham - Brandhall - Bearwood route and interworked it with the 222 from Bearwood to West Bromwich.

I believe in the West Brom direction it showed 443 between Bearwood and Brandhall, but 221 in the opposite direction, with through tickets available again 

Think it was a Go West Midlands thing! 

PinkBus

Quote from: sryan188 on April 25, 2023, 06:06:31 PMI have a 1984 WMPTE Map and a 2002 Birmingham Map in physical. I have done a photo as high res as possible for upload to here and it is just about readable when zooming in. They make interesting reading comparing now to 20 and 40 years ago. Didn't realise till I just worked out the age how old these maps actually are.

Thank you so much for the 1984 map, it's brought back a lot of good and not quite as good memories for me, especially seeing routes I used all the time at that time.

It's amazing how the routes and numbers have changed over the 39 years since that map was printed, it's a real slice of history.
Just sitting here
Watching the Outer Circle buses
Go round and round...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk