News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Future movements speculation

Started by BK63 YWP, June 21, 2022, 02:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

Pensnett to get more platinum buses with the 61xx going back on the 11 and Volvo b7 single deckers replacing scania single deckers at another garage
With more enviro 200 8xx buses coming in for tendered work from diamond kiddiminster to Stourbridge and select kinver route

don

Quote from: BK63 YWP on June 23, 2022, 09:31:36 PMThere are 124 hydrogen due next year so I feel the tridents will become a rare breed!

Added to the 130 electrics, and the 20 hydroliners at Walsall, that makes enough vehicles to replace all double deckers up to 4696 (unless the 31 B7RLEs are used to replace more Scanias - as both are Euro 6 that seems unlikely initially).

I also think it unlikely NX would want to be running blue and white or two tone blue vehicles outside of Coventry in any quantity (there are 54 E400s) - I did wonder whether 4983-95 would end up at West Brom!

I'm presuming the CV E200s (or at least some of them) stay there for the time being).
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

BK63 YWP

A few of Coventry mercs came to PN before they were withdrawn! I believe the paint shop is having an upgrade so coaches can be painted too 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Quote from: BK63 YWP on June 23, 2022, 11:38:47 PMA few of Coventry mercs came to PN before they were withdrawn! I believe the paint shop is having an upgrade so coaches can be painted too
I once caught 2155 on the 55(95). But I doubt they'd have blue buses in use at any large scale other than in Coventry. As these were in use on a much smaller scale.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

Quote from: karl724223 on June 23, 2022, 10:16:56 PMPensnett to get more platinum buses with the 61xx going back on the 11 and Volvo b7 single deckers replacing scania single deckers at another garage
With more enviro 200 8xx buses coming in for tendered work from diamond kiddiminster to Stourbridge and choice kinver route
Amazing how NX have managed to win the tendered work, when they haven't even been put out to tender.....🤔

don

Quote from: don on June 23, 2022, 10:57:22 PMAdded to the 130 electrics, and the 20 hydroliners at Walsall, that makes enough vehicles to replace all double deckers up to 4696 (unless the 31 B7RLEs are used to replace more Scanias - as both are Euro 6 that seems unlikely initially).
I guess it's possible the 31 B7RLEs might go to, for instance, Walsall to replace more Scanias, and a similar number of Euro 6 Tridents and Gemini's are retained for another 2 yrs - however that would mean a handful of 03 plate and a batch of 54 plate Tridents still in service in 2024 (the Gemini's are 05). I guess there are lots of other engineering considerations  such as MOT expiry, condition etc of vehicles, rolling out electric and hydrogen facilities at depots, which will influence decision making and timing. 

Jack

Be nice if 4576 would come back to home territory at WN or even WA when the Hydrogens start, with it being a Crimson.

BBS

Quote from: karl724223 on June 23, 2022, 10:16:56 PMPensnett to get more platinum buses with the 61xx going back on the 11 and Volvo b7 single deckers replacing scania single deckers at another garage
With more enviro 200 8xx buses coming in for tendered work from diamond kiddiminster to Stourbridge and select kinver route
Does that include PBs 6113 and 6114?
And can AG have those volvo B7s the 20** 21**?
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Stu

Quote from: don on June 24, 2022, 03:13:36 PMI guess it's possible the 31 B7RLEs might go to, for instance, Walsall to replace more Scanias, and a similar number of Euro 6 Tridents and Gemini's are retained for another 2 yrs - however that would mean a handful of 03 plate and a batch of 54 plate Tridents still in service in 2024 (the Gemini's are 05). I guess there are lots of other engineering considerations  such as MOT expiry, condition etc of vehicles, rolling out electric and hydrogen facilities at depots, which will influence decision making and timing.
I think its likely that the single-decks at Coventry will be the last vehicles to be replaced - there will still be a requirement for single-deck vehicles at that garage, and there's been no hint yet of any single-deck electrics being procured.

The company still seems to have more single-decks than it needs, but I can see more of the older Scania OmniLinks start to be withdrawn in the next couple of years, which will begin to balance things out a little.

It will of course be interesting to see if there is any interest from NX Bus in converting some single-decks to electric
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on June 24, 2022, 04:25:39 PM
QuoteI guess it's possible the 31 B7RLEs might go to, for instance, Walsall to replace more Scanias, and a similar number of Euro 6 Tridents and Gemini's are retained for another 2 yrs - however that would mean a handful of 03 plate and a batch of 54 plate Tridents still in service in 2024 (the Gemini's are 05). I guess there are lots of other engineering considerations  such as MOT expiry, condition etc of vehicles, rolling out electric and hydrogen facilities at depots, which will influence decision making and timing.
I think its likely that the single-decks at Coventry will be the last vehicles to be replaced - there will still be a requirement for single-deck vehicles at that garage, and there's been no hint yet of any single-deck electrics being procured.

The company still seems to have more single-decks than it needs, but I can see more of the older Scania OmniLinks start to be withdrawn in the next couple of years, which will begin to balance things out a little.

If some of the B7RLE went they'd have to keep enough for 20B boards I think. 3 maybe, PVR looks to be 2, 1 spare. Unless they use E200 on it instead.
https://bustimes.org/services/20b-coventry-city-centre-foleshill-road-bayton-roa/vehicles?date=2022-06-24
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

don

Quote from: Stu on June 24, 2022, 04:25:39 PMI think its likely that the single-decks at Coventry will be the last vehicles to be replaced - there will still be a requirement for single-deck vehicles at that garage, and there's been no hint yet of any single-deck electrics being procured.

It will of course be interesting to see if there is any interest from NX Bus in converting some single-decks to electric

My guess is the E200s (or at least some) will stay for a while whilst the B7RLEs move. There's a lot of interesting stuff to come I guess - with Sprint being run from PB, presumably WA's need for so many double deckers reduces - could we see the E400s move to WN to replace their aging Tridents (along with some transferred from CV). And are the 4763-76 batch likely to stay at CV till withdrawal - they'll be 18 in 2025/6 (or perhaps transfer them to PN along with the rest of the batch that's at WB whilst WB get 4983-95).

It's great fun trying to second guess what @ Tony has planned  :grin: :grin:

Then as you say, there's the possibility of electric conversions.

What's the betting some electric or hydrogen single deckers in 2024-25 to replace the Omnilinks?

ellspurs

The other alternative in Coventry if they don't want single deckers is to curtail the 20B at Oban Road and not serve Woodshires Road/Wilsons Lane. It only started serving the area around the start of the 21st century when the 20 became a PrimeLines route. When I was living on Woodshires Road we just had to either walk down to the terminus, or walk to the main road to catch a bus. They are planning on building a housing estate to the back of Wilsons Lane, so if they manage to build the roads wide enough a bus could loop around the back there.

Or develop a stumpy decker that would fit under a 12' 9" bridge!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk