News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva take over Midland

Started by Ck, July 27, 2012, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

I gather the 560's been withdrawn & replaced by an extended 19.

I did wonder in the past whether this might be a starter.

(Might be a bit of dead mileage on Sunday, as the Arriva 560 never operated on that day & the 19 is only a daytime service? Unless they give up Sunday 19's?)

covlad27

They may just keep the sunday service to terminate at bloxwich from walsall

Westy

Is there any way that Wolves 28a & Walsall 19 could be linked in some way on a Sunday daytime?

One for Centro to ponder.

(The New Invention to Bloxwich section is the stumbling block!)

Trident 4609

Do you mean the 28E and not 28A

Westy

Trident 4609

Where are the East lancs trident dissapeared to. I haven't seen them at all this week. They have been using the optare excel and even solos this week

covlad27

Maybe gone for paint and refurb into arriva livery

the trainbasher

One of the ex Nottingham Tridents Midland had was on the 19 today

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4609

From Sunday 28th April NXWM will be operating the 10 on sundays alongside the existing Arriva (midland) sunday service, presruably to create a combined 30 minute frequency.

Bob

Whod put money on Arriva not starting any new commercial services?  I would... I'll give them 12months and the WM pperation will be gone

Dylan4579

Finally! I have figured out why arriva have brought midland so they don't have to fight for more tendered routes against another company beacuse with midland brought, the only other major competor  for tendered routes is diamond

Solo1

trying to find the other decker the one with midland logos on  i know the one was on  the A! has gone but where will the other one be found on saturday as in the week it does schools 19 schools thanks

Trident 4609

Quote from: Solo1 on April 02, 2013, 05:51:03 PM
trying to find the other decker the one with midland logos on  i know the one was on  the A! has gone but where will the other one be found on saturday as in the week it does schools 19 schools thanks

Apart from the ELC ex midland tridents, i think the other double deckers have gone unless someone knows if it is still at Wednesfield.

broma1k

winston

Quote from: broma1k on April 04, 2013, 11:23:32 AM
Arriva seem set to invest in Wednesfield

http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/launch.aspx?pbid=72df4f56-591f-4e5e-b41e-4a48fe55490c

You will need to register to be able to see the article, it's free to register though.....

Main points are:

17 x buses refurbished 12 x ex London 51/52 plate MPD's (2151-2162) & 5 x DAF DB250/ALX 400 double deckers ex London (4795-7 + 2 others?)
Is what it doesn't mention, is that Arriva are currently swapping 12 plate Enviro 200's with Y-reg ex Leicester MPD's (2257 is one I've seen around Merry Hill)
Raj Chander has joined Wednesfield as Op's Manager ex NXWM (WB garage)
Revenue is currently split 75% tendered / 25% commercial - suggests they may be looking to increase commercial revenue, but doubt it would involve a significant assault on NXWM routes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk