News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry service changes - 29th Aug 2021

Started by JPC, July 17, 2021, 12:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPC

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 22, 2021, 08:11:14 PM
I assume the 85/85B will mirror exactly the current 1 from the city centre to UHCW/Walsgrave area (via New Century Park) and so includes that loop around Brade Drive, Boswell Drive and so on.

No, the 85/85B will not serve Brade Drive loop beyond the hospital but the area will still have the 20C service.

JoNi

Quote from: JPC on August 22, 2021, 06:09:56 PM
Indeed NXC have since added Leamington Rd & Kenpas Hwy on their webpage, I'm still surprised by the choice of route and whilst it may be evaluation and to some extent competitive against part of the Stagecoach 60 service it is now leading me to think it may be precursor for an eventual dropping of the 9A service and divert of the 19 via Mantilla Drive.

Whilst on the subject of Leamington Rd the 9/9A seems to be reducing from 8 bus to 7 bus so more chances of an electric bus operating on other services.

The new 1, 85/85B, and 24/25 appears to all interwork at Pool Meadow generally in that order utilizing in the main 7 buses - a haven for E200s no doubt.

In the same vein are the 2 and 29 interworking?

JoNi

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 22, 2021, 08:11:14 PM
Humphrey Burton's Rd etc goes from a regular 9/9A service to a, err, not so regular number 19.

I assume the 85/85B will mirror exactly the current 1 from the city centre to UHCW/Walsgrave area (via New Century Park) and so includes that loop around Brade Drive, Boswell Drive and so on.
Bus stops flags have appeared on the Leamington Road by War Memorial Park.
They have 9, 9A, 19, 24, 25, 25A.
New bus stop flags have appeared adjacent to Canley Station with 1, 2 and 10 on!
The 10 lives on!

JPC

Quote from: JoNi on August 23, 2021, 07:07:41 PM
In the same vein are the 2 and 29 interworking?

Yes, it would appear so, and bustimes will hopefully reveal this when the time comes, the 19 departures are generally five minutes after a 2 arrival and the 2 departures are generally twelve minutes after a 19 arrival - the shorter then longer dropback seems appropriate as the 19 service is more likely to suffer with traffic related delays.

Quote from: JoNi on August 23, 2021, 07:12:35 PM
New bus stop flags have appeared adjacent to Canley Station with 1, 2 and 10 on!
The 10 lives on!

This doesn't surprise me, particularly when we've already noticed Traveline et al still suggesting the 10/10A are ongoing.

paulb1973

Quote from: JoNi on August 23, 2021, 07:12:35 PM
Bus stops flags have appeared on the Leamington Road by War Memorial Park.
They have 9, 9A, 19, 24, 25, 25A.
The 10 lives on!

I assume 2 was chosen (over and above 10) as it goes nicely with the number 1 !

paulb1973

Quote from: JPC on August 22, 2021, 08:24:35 PM
No, the 85/85B will not serve Brade Drive loop beyond the hospital but the area will still have the 20C service.

Looking on the Traveline website (I assume still a credible source of information) it doesn't seem to show the 85 loop around New Century Park - Brindle Ave, Gwendolyn Drive, Weir Way, Second Ave and Allard Way. That is still occurring I presume, not that there seems to be much passenger activity on those roads.

Kevin

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 23, 2021, 09:45:30 PM
Looking on the Traveline website (I assume still a credible source of information) it doesn't seem to show the 85 loop around New Century Park - Brindle Ave, Gwendolyn Drive, Weir Way, Second Ave and Allard Way. That is still occurring I presume, not that there seems to be much passenger activity on those roads.

The current map of the 1 also doesn't, so I wouldn't necessarily read too much into that
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

JoNi

When looking up new timetable for route 5 on NX Coventry website found there's an additional link to another timetable change wef 26th September.

Tony

Quote from: JoNi on August 28, 2021, 05:41:07 PM
When looking up new timetable for route 5 on NX Coventry website found there's an additional link to another timetable change wef 26th September.

Coventry always increases services the last week of September as it's when the Universities return

JPC

Quote from: Tony on August 28, 2021, 06:11:16 PM
Coventry always increases services the last week of September as it's when the Universities return

Yes - on the relevant University routes 11 and 12X but all other ongoing services seem to have links to a timetable dated 26th September which are identical to 29th August timetables, I guess it could be some sort of flaw in the new timetable generator on the NX website causing this?

Sandy Lane

Going back to the 85. It is a Sunday service today and Bh Monday so SC is the 85A operator and it uses the old route down the Ansty Rd to Gosford Green. On Tuesday NXC is the operator so will use the new route taking part of the old 1 route and then down the Binley Rd.
Crazy world.

JPC

Quote from: Sandy Lane on August 29, 2021, 01:39:08 PM
Going back to the 85. It is a Sunday service today and Bh Monday so SC is the 85A operator and it uses the old route down the Ansty Rd to Gosford Green. On Tuesday NXC is the operator so will use the new route taking part of the old 1 route and then down the Binley Rd.
Crazy world.

Yes, it was only just last night I spotted this renumbering on the Traveline website, this most likely was specified by the county council and there's no mention on the Stagecoach website - I guess Stagecoach would rather number it "X85" if it was their own commercial service.

JoNi

Quote from: JPC on August 29, 2021, 02:30:55 PM
Yes, it was only just last night I spotted this renumbering on the Traveline website, this most likely was specified by the county council and there's no mention on the Stagecoach website - I guess Stagecoach would rather number it "X85" if it was their own commercial service.

A new stop on Ball Hill without 85 etc has route 585, so whether this was another late change who knows.
Stagecoach 85A I saw was still displaying 585 today. The timetable at stop in Pool Meadow still has 585 timetable.
Many stops in city remain to have updated stop flags or timetable panels or both. Even the next stop audio and visual info on rerouted electric bus routes 9/9A hasn't been updated.

Front line staff are left to bear the brunt of passengers frustrations.
This morning a lady said to the Bus Station Supervisor
"You've changed your bus services" to which he replied "Madam with respect I didn't change them".

Lessons can and should be learnt for the future from this dismal performance by those in influencial positions who are ultimately responsible. This will be little comfort for whoever occupies the "here to help" podium in Pool Meadow on Tuesday.

JPC

Quote from: Sandy Lane on August 29, 2021, 01:39:08 PM
Crazy world.
Quote from: JPC on August 29, 2021, 02:30:55 PM

To add to this the spur to Ashlawn School, which traveline initially proclaimed would continue as 585S via Ansty Rd, now runs as a '85' service so runs via Binley Rd etc. - last minute tinkering for simplifying the numbering no doubt, the number 585 finally no longer used.

Sandy Lane

I can't find the latest pool meadow bus stands map for the new services. Can someone help me?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk