News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry service changes - 29th Aug 2021

Started by JPC, July 17, 2021, 12:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukeeee2018

Quote from: Sandy Lane on August 16, 2021, 08:08:06 AM
Looking back over time the 1 and the 585 both served the train station. Will the new 85 route call in at the station? If not then it will be a bad move for bus users.

It looks like it won't which doesn't make sense really.. The 1 previously served it and this route is covering part of it..

paulb1973

Link to the changes on the NXC website:

https://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/service-updates/timetable-and-route-changes-from-29th-august-2021

Pretty-much as expected - it seems the 7 extension to the Amazon site is coming to an end.

JoNi

Quote from: Lukeeee2018 on August 16, 2021, 08:12:25 AM
It looks like it won't which doesn't make sense really.. The 1 previously served it and this route is covering part of it..
Sense......A reasonable and comprehensible rationale......

JoNi

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 17, 2021, 03:45:01 PM

https://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/service-updates/timetable-and-route-changes-from-29th-august-2021

Pretty-much as expected - it seems the 7 extension to the Amazon site is coming to an end.
School journeys from Bluecoats that used to be 3S now 14!

JPC

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 17, 2021, 03:45:01 PM

Travellers to Amazon can make use of the regular 'Marystow Close' stop on Browns Lane and take a two minute walk down Fenton Road - quicker than sitting on the bus for an extra 5 - 7 minutes.

NXC doesn't give any indication of the 19 as operating via Leamington Rd and Kenpas Highway - so I'm thinking this could be a mistake in timetable data, traveline maps etc, and the 19 will still use Kenilworth Road ?

paulb1973

I have a document on my pc detailing the NXC routes - I assume this is correct for the revised 1 (and new) 2:

1 City (Pool Meadow) - Coundon via Chapelfields

Route 1 towards Coventry:
Westhill Road, Courtland Avenue, Forfield Road, Kingsbury Road, Grayswood Avenue, Glendower Avenue, Broad Lane, Dolomite Avenue, Canley Rail Station, Canley Road, Beechwood Avenue, Rochester Road, Radcliffe Road, Earlsdon Street, Albany Road, The Butts, Croft Road, Queen Victoria Road, Corporation Street, Hales Street, Fairfax Street, Priory Street, Pool Meadow Bus Station.

Route 1 towards Coundon:
Pool Meadow Bus Station, Hales Street, Trinity Street, Ironmonger Row, The Burges, Corporation Street, Queen Victoria Road, Croft Road, The Butts, Albany Road, Earlsdon Street, Radcliffe Road, Rochester Road, Beechwood Avenue, Canley Road, Canley Rail Station, Dolomite Avenue, Broad Lane, Grayswood Avenue, Kingsbury Road, Forfield Road, Courtland Avenue, Westhill Road.

2 City (Pool Meadow) – Tile Hill South

Route 2 towards Coventry:
Station Avenue/Torrington Avenue, Fletchamstead Highway, Vanguard Avenue, Herald Avenue, Dolomite Avenue, Canley Rail Station, Canley Road, Beechwood Avenue, Rochester Road, Radcliffe Road, Earlsdon Street, Albany Road, The Butts, Croft Road, Queen Victoria Road, Corporation Street, Hales Street, Fairfax Street, Priory Street, Pool Meadow Bus Station.

Route 2 towards Tile Hill:
Pool Meadow Bus Station, Hales Street, Trinity Street, Ironmonger Row, The Burges, Corporation Street, Queen Victoria Road, Croft Road, The Butts, Albany Road, Earlsdon Street, Radcliffe Road, Rochester Road, Beechwood Avenue, Canley Road, Canley Rail Station, Dolomite Avenue, Herald Avenue, Fletchamstead Highway, Torrington Avenue to Station Avenue junction.

I might copy & paste all the other revised/new services here.

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

JoNi

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 17, 2021, 07:18:14 PM
I have a document on my pc detailing the NXC routes - I assume this is correct for the revised 1 (and new) 2:

1 City (Pool Meadow) - Coundon via Chapelfields

Route 1 towards Coventry:
Westhill Road, Courtland Avenue, Forfield Road, Kingsbury Road, Grayswood Avenue, Glendower Avenue, Broad Lane, Dolomite Avenue, Canley Rail Station, Canley Road, Beechwood Avenue, Rochester Road, Radcliffe Road, Earlsdon Street, Albany Road, The Butts, Croft Road, Queen Victoria Road, Corporation Street, Hales Street, Fairfax Street, Priory Street, Pool Meadow Bus Station.

Route 1 towards Coundon:
Pool Meadow Bus Station, Hales Street, Trinity Street, Ironmonger Row, The Burges, Corporation Street, Queen Victoria Road, Croft Road, The Butts, Albany Road, Earlsdon Street, Radcliffe Road, Rochester Road, Beechwood Avenue, Canley Road, Canley Rail Station, Dolomite Avenue, Broad Lane, Grayswood Avenue, Kingsbury Road, Forfield Road, Courtland Avenue, Westhill Road.

2 City (Pool Meadow) – Tile Hill South

Route 2 towards Coventry:
Station Avenue/Torrington Avenue, Fletchamstead Highway, Vanguard Avenue, Herald Avenue, Dolomite Avenue, Canley Rail Station, Canley Road, Beechwood Avenue, Rochester Road, Radcliffe Road, Earlsdon Street, Albany Road, The Butts, Croft Road, Queen Victoria Road, Corporation Street, Hales Street, Fairfax Street, Priory Street, Pool Meadow Bus Station.

Route 2 towards Tile Hill:
Pool Meadow Bus Station, Hales Street, Trinity Street, Ironmonger Row, The Burges, Corporation Street, Queen Victoria Road, Croft Road, The Butts, Albany Road, Earlsdon Street, Radcliffe Road, Rochester Road, Beechwood Avenue, Canley Road, Canley Rail Station, Dolomite Avenue, Herald Avenue, Fletchamstead Highway, Torrington Avenue to Station Avenue junction.

I might copy & paste all the other revised/new services here.

Send them to TfWM so they can be put in the timetables!

JoNi

Quote from: JPC on August 17, 2021, 05:53:09 PM
Travellers to Amazon can make use of the regular 'Marystow Close' stop on Browns Lane and take a two minute walk down Fenton Road - quicker than sitting on the bus for an extra 5 - 7 minutes.

NXC doesn't give any indication of the 19 as operating via Leamington Rd and Kenpas Highway - so I'm thinking this could be a mistake in timetable data, traveline maps etc, and the 19 will still use Kenilworth Road ?

Would seem so as under 10 heading says 19 replaces 10A

paulb1973

Quote from: JoNi on August 17, 2021, 07:40:29 PM
Send them to TfWM so they can be put in the timetables!

Yes, I preferred it when they showed the full, exact routing. Now its a bit of guesswork, although you can work most of it out on various websites.

Silly question coming up; but the 19 will have to use Leamington Road (instead of Kenilworth Rd) if it's going to traverse Humphrey Burtons Road etc ? Or will it do a brief double-back, using Kenilworth Rd instead!

ellspurs

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 17, 2021, 08:10:14 PM
Yes, I preferred it when they showed the full, exact routing. Now its a bit of guesswork, although you can work most of it out on various websites.

Silly question coming up; but the 19 will have to use Leamington Road (instead of Kenilworth Rd) if it's going to traverse Humphrey Burtons Road etc ? Or will it do a brief double-back, using Kenilworth Rd instead!

Google maps bus stop data suggests that it'll use Leamington Road.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Lukeeee2018 on August 16, 2021, 08:12:25 AM
Got it now. The X30 goes along the Ansty Rd to the station and is back to 30 min freq. so will cover what the 1 and 585 used to for the station.

Lukeeee2018

Quote from: JPC on August 17, 2021, 05:53:09 PM

875 looks to have done the new 19 earlier this morning and it used Leamington Road and Kenpas Highway - https://bustimes.org/vehicles/192514?date=2021-08-19#journeys/159282093

JPC

Quote from: Lukeeee2018 on August 19, 2021, 02:45:47 PM
875 looks to have done the new 19 earlier this morning and it used Leamington Road and Kenpas Highway - https://bustimes.org/vehicles/192514?date=2021-08-19#journeys/159282093

Indeed NXC have since added Leamington Rd & Kenpas Hwy on their webpage, I'm still surprised by the choice of route and whilst it may be evaluation and to some extent competitive against part of the Stagecoach 60 service it is now leading me to think it may be precursor for an eventual dropping of the 9A service and divert of the 19 via Mantilla Drive.

Whilst on the subject of Leamington Rd the 9/9A seems to be reducing from 8 bus to 7 bus so more chances of an electric bus operating on other services.

The new 1, 85/85B, and 24/25 appears to all interwork at Pool Meadow generally in that order utilizing in the main 7 buses - a haven for E200s no doubt.

paulb1973

Quote from: JPC on August 22, 2021, 06:09:56 PM
Indeed NXC have since added Leamington Rd & Kenpas Hwy on their webpage, I'm still surprised by the choice of route and whilst it may be evaluation and to some extent competitive against part of the Stagecoach 60 service it is now leading me to think it may be precursor for an eventual dropping of the 9A service and divert of the 19 via Mantilla Drive.

Whilst on the subject of Leamington Rd the 9/9A seems to be reducing from 8 bus to 7 bus so more chances of an electric bus operating on other services.

The new 1, 85/85B, and 24/25 appears to all interwork at Pool Meadow generally in that order utilizing in the main 7 buses - a haven for E200s no doubt.

Humphrey Burton's Rd etc goes from a regular 9/9A service to a, err, not so regular number 19.

I assume the 85/85B will mirror exactly the current 1 from the city centre to UHCW/Walsgrave area (via New Century Park) and so includes that loop around Brade Drive, Boswell Drive and so on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk