News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Hydrogen vehicles

Started by Tony, April 30, 2021, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PB50

Looking on Bustimes no hydrogen buses tracking for today so they must all be in the depot.

CL

Quote from: PB50 on September 15, 2022, 09:17:03 AMLooking on Bustimes no hydrogen buses tracking for today so they must all be in the depot.
Strangely enough, I noted one out in the yard at Perry Barr earlier this afternoon - too far to ID -  but had disappeared by the time I returned from a road test.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

QuoteStrangely enough, I noted one out in the yard at Perry Barr earlier this afternoon - too far to ID -  but had disappeared by the time I returned from a road test.
That was me popping in with H1006 to do some checks on the 7 electric buses there

PB50

I saw H1012 just coming through town. Been nearly a month since I saw that out in service.

Tony

QuoteI saw H1012 just coming through town. Been nearly a month since I saw that out in service.
Been longer than a month, hasn't been out since August.  It had zero fuel in it so special arrangements for fuelling had to be sorted

PB50

I've noticed an increase in amount of hydrogen buses being used currently.

Tony

QuoteI've noticed an increase in amount of hydrogen buses being used currently.
Currently planned to have 6 out t any one time, there's some that come out for the evening peak as well now, so although 6 will be out there may be more than that used each day

Westy

Spotted one on the X51, as I was coming through Walsall earlier!

Quote from: Westy on November 01, 2022, 06:13:23 PMSpotted one on the X51, as I was coming through Walsall earlier!
Apparently they will do some Birmingham - Walsall X51 trips & 997S as well as the 51 trips. So you might start to see them on there regularly.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BBS

QuoteApparently they will do some Birmingham - Walsall X51 trips & 997S as well as the 51 trips. So you might start to see them on there regularly.
That's a good step to take, putting them on 934, 935,937 will also be great while the sprint works are still in works 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Sandy Lane

Back in March the WMCA said there will be 124 hydrogen buses in use in the West Mids.

They said 24 will be Sprint artics.
https://www.wmca.org.uk/news/west-midlands-to-launch-uk-s-largest-hydrogen-bus-fleet-after-securing-30m-government-funding/

There are 20 at Walsall already so where are the others? Anyone know?

winston

Quote from: Sandy Lane on November 05, 2022, 11:26:39 AMBack in March the WMCA said there will be 124 hydrogen buses in use in the West Mids.

They said 24 will be Sprint artics.
https://www.wmca.org.uk/news/west-midlands-to-launch-uk-s-largest-hydrogen-bus-fleet-after-securing-30m-government-funding/

There are 20 at Walsall already so where are the others? Anyone know?
The 124 excludes the 20 already at Walsall. 

There will be 100 x Hydrogen Double Deckers & 24 x Hydrogen Artics for Sprint. Not sure when the rest are due. 

Stu

Quote from: winston on November 05, 2022, 11:32:13 AMThe 124 excludes the 20 already at Walsall.

There will be 100 x Hydrogen Double Deckers & 24 x Hydrogen Artics for Sprint. Not sure when the rest are due.
I believe its been stated elsewhere that the DDs will start arriving in 2023, with the artics following in 2024, though I'm happy to be corrected.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sandy Lane

Thanks to both for the info.

Tony

QuoteI am slightly expecting at least 1 of them on the X51 or 934-937 everyday
Non on the 934-7, but no doubt you've looked at Bus times and seen that they are on the X51 every weekday now

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk