News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Hydrogen vehicles

Started by Tony, April 30, 2021, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevo

14.5 hours in QE A & E last week - shortages everywhere!

Westy

Quote from: don on July 10, 2022, 04:39:48 PMMuch the same elsewhere - in spite of trumpeted increases in Police manpower it's insufficient to replace natural wastage (people leaving or retiring) so there is a net reduction in reality.
Surely with the police, they're trying to get back to the level they had before austerity,  so 'increase ' isn't really correct?

don

That's the skill of politicians - what is the increase against (not stated but probably the low point in the last few years). The point is that the rate of people leaving or retiring  exceeds the recruitment rate - so there will be a reduction against any analysis (and a significant one against pre-austerity levels). 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

mesub

On H1010 now, downstairs. Quite a nice bus, matches what's been said previously. It's also nice to see the revenue inspectors having a more visible presence now as well.

The only thing I'll add is that the wifi doesn't seem to work.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

DJ

Quote from: mesub on July 12, 2022, 11:37:03 AMOn H1010 now, downstairs. Quite a nice bus, matches what's been said previously. It's also nice to see the revenue inspectors having a more visible presence now as well.

The only thing I'll add is that the wifi doesn't seem to work.
Does anybody actually use the WiFi? When I've tried it in the past, it's only been good enough to check emails and messages, you've got no chance of getting a video to load for example.

Most areas near the city centre have 5G coverage these days, and even the 4G further out is plenty fast.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

mesub

QuoteDoes anybody actually use the WiFi? When I've tried it in the past, it's only been good enough to check emails and messages, you've got no chance of getting a video to load for example.

Most areas near the city centre have 5G coverage these days, and even the 4G further out is plenty fast.

I do use it quite a bit, allows me to save my data for later!
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Tony

Hydrogens out on a Saturday for the first time today

PB50

Nice to see some of the hydrogen buses out on a Saturday.

BK63 YWP

Is there plans for the 51 to go fully hydrogen operate or will that happen when more hydrogen facilities are built?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

PB50

I see from Bustimes that no hydrogen buses are out today in service.

cardew

Stu

Quote from: cardew on August 16, 2022, 01:43:43 PMArticle on the Hydrogen fleet roll-out.

https://www.route-one.net/features/national-express-where-hydrogen-is-fuelling-change/

Thanks for that, a very interesting read.

Apart from the 'recall' to fix some suspect engine/motor suspension mounting, it does offer some explanation as to why these have seen limited service so far.

But it does look like that, as Tony has already suggested, we'll start seeing more of these in active service daily from September.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

cardew

I was surprised there was no mention of the recall. Also notable that the 144 hydrogen vehicles are described in the article as subject to funding, weren't WMCA shouting from the rooftops in March that they had won the funding?

PB50

I take it there's been no hydrogen buses out this week yet as I've not seen any.

Tony

Getting them all fuelled this week so all of them are available at the beginning of next week when services increase

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk