News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Hydrogen vehicles

Started by Tony, April 30, 2021, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

From the recent photos of the hydrogen vehicles that Tony has taken, can I presume that their return into service is now imminent?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

QuoteFrom the recent photos of the hydrogen vehicles that Tony has taken, can I presume that their return into service is now imminent?

Hopefully, I have been fuelling them up on the car pump which is a bit of a pain as the tank supplying it only can fill up to about 80% of the buses capacity in one go, the commercial pumps will hopefully be back up and running the week after next.

windy miller

Jolly good! the last recorded (tracked) veh appears to have been in mid
 February? is there any likely hood of a re fueling option in the walsall area?
  I seem to remember a large (bus)storage facility on the north side of walsall
  town centre back in the 1980's? often referred to as 'moon base alpha'
  Is it still there?   Thanks
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Stu

Quote from: windy miller on June 11, 2022, 11:36:27 PMJolly good! the last recorded (tracked) veh appears to have been in mid
 February? is there any likely hood of a re fueling option in the walsall area?
  I seem to remember a large (bus)storage facility on the north side of walsall
  town centre back in the 1980's? often referred to as 'moon base alpha'
  Is it still there?  Thanks
Garages will eventually have their own refuelling facility.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stevo

When Walsall had the gas B10Ls back in the 1990s on were the gas tanks at the garage? I get the impression the gas for those was easier to handle than hydrogen.

Tony

QuoteWhen Walsall had the gas B10Ls back in the 1990s on were the gas tanks at the garage? I get the impression the gas for those was easier to handle than hydrogen.
The gas for the B10Ls came from the normal household mains supply which was why it was easier, no tanks required.

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on June 13, 2022, 11:58:18 AMThe gas for the B10Ls came from the normal household mains supply which was why it was easier, no tanks required.
I remember them popping into British Gas at Dudley to fill up when they were first used as it was outside my office window!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Twiney

Travelling to the West Mids in a couple of weeks - any news on when the Hydros might re-appear

PB50

Just wondering when the hydrogen buses will be back on the road again. Thanks.

Tony

QuoteJust wondering when the hydrogen buses will be back on the road again. Thanks.
Tomorrow

Solo1

Quote from: PB50 on July 03, 2022, 08:35:38 AMJust wondering when the hydrogen buses will be back on the road again. Thanks.
A post I read said 5 will be out tomorrow 

PB50

Quote from: Solo1 on July 03, 2022, 09:27:49 AMA post I read said 5 will be out tomorrow
Yes thanks for that. I've just noticed bustimes is showing 3 out this morning so I'll look out for them when I'm in town.

BK63 YWP

Can a hydrogen bus theoretically do a full days service if it started at 6am and finished at midnight on one tank?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

QuoteCan a hydrogen bus theoretically do a full days service if it started at 6am and finished at midnight on one tank?
Yes

PB50

With these buses being out of service since February you would have thought that National Express would have trained all the new drivers that have recently started on the 51 service. Woman driver this morning hadn't driven one before nor been trained up on one. Luckily an inspector took the bus out of service and trained the woman up. Nice to see them back out on the road again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk