News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BN

Quote from: Bob on January 18, 2022, 10:16:10 AM
Doubt it it flopped lol
Didn't exactly flop did it. The service was paid for by the I54 group, when funding finished so did the route.

Steveminor

The 70 frequency was only really artificially uplifted as an indirect competition against Select. Was only ever viable as an hourly service

Bob

Quote from: BN on January 18, 2022, 04:37:32 PM
Didn't exactly flop did it. The service was paid for by the I54 group, when funding finished so did the route.

Had it of been successful wouldnt it of been able to continue after the subsidy ended though?

BusMan Greg

On a different note, the pit stop cafe located at Delta Way depot has re-opened

Vulcan

Is the Pit Stop Cafe back with original proprietor ? Or under new ownership ?

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Vulcan on January 18, 2022, 10:07:20 PM
I couldn't tell you, they have a Facebook page up and running though

WilliamLeylandNational

Quote from: Vulcan on January 18, 2022, 10:07:20 PM

Russ is back running it - same as before

Westy

Must admit I've been over that way many a time & never heard of it!

I presume it was on a Walsall served route at some point?

Bob

Solo 104 broke down on 74 and subsequently the 16.00 ( horrendously busy with college students normally) didnt run from Stafford. A Solo? On that trip, setiously. The full sized ( rare) single decker on there yesterday was standing room only right to the front of the bus 🤣

tphi12000

Tony

solonightrider

i cannot understand why the management keep some of these solos with all the problems that come with them , that 104 for one,  is so unreliable its an embarrassment. Again today pye green ploughed with the full sized saloons whilst interurban busy routes have to endure cramped unreliable solos ,  or twin door small seating capacity ex London spec things.
The amount of lost mileage and revenue with these abortion solo heaps of scrap must be eye watering.
Shame as was kind of hoping chaserider would of been a better option for our area than the previous lot , sadly not, they are in desperate need of some decent sized capacity vehicles for the interurban work. Perhaps form a vehicle interworking allocation cycle of the 60/74/826/828 with some decent sized capacity vehicles, cramped small solos at school times is a joke on these routes.

Westy

Unless I've not noticed on the other thread, you don't hear anything about problems with Diamonds Solos, so wonder why both Arriva & Chaserider seem to have problems with their own?

Trident 4194

Quote from: Westy on January 19, 2022, 10:07:31 PM
Unless I've not noticed on the other thread, you don't hear anything about problems with Diamonds Solos, so wonder why both Arriva & Chaserider seem to have problems with their own?

Most of diamonds solos are used on 50mph roads would be my first guess as to why they don't endure problems.

DJ

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 19, 2022, 10:20:16 PM
Most of diamonds solos are used on 50mph roads would be my first guess as to why they don't endure problems.

Are they? Most of the routes they serve don't really go above 30mph.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Trident 4194

Quote from: DJ on January 20, 2022, 12:25:32 AM
Are they? Most of the routes they serve don't really go above 30mph.

Sorry should have been not used on 50mph roads

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk