News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BusMan Greg

51 broke down on the island opposite the tip earlier while on the 3. Blocked a whole lane off!

Bob

Looks like the Versas had it, blowing out a tom of black smoke, whole back of thecbus covered in soot and recovery van in bus stn 🤣

Kevin

A day on Chaserider buses:

• all buses ran, on time, and all buses passed going the other way at the expected times
  • all seats looked as reasonable as every other bus company I've used, and none of them smelled particularly worse than the bus itself (yes I smelled them) (maybe the populous of Cannock need a wash?)
  • none of the buses seemed clapped out, maybe some during the day were being driven a bit hard but different drivers etc. *maybe* one of the Solos I had sounded a bit nackered but tbf it had just blasted along the A5 to Telford by that point so I dunno
  • agreed the use of solos on interurban work is hilarious, but tbh if no one uses the services then it makes sense, I was the only person on the bus quite a lot today. Not overly convinced that full length single decks are needed on a 15 min frequency on the Pye Greens but meh whatever
  • spoke to some people during the day and some seemed happier now it isn't Arriva, although for the most they couldn't care its just a bus

So yeah. Perspective.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Grinder

Kevin your perspective on Chaserider is a mirror of my findings over a two week period last October.  However I very much doubt that your comments will do anything to stop the Chaserider (formerly Arriva Cannock) knockers from their negative views even posting negative comments about Chaserider on the threads on other operators.

Wumpty

Quote from: Kevin on January 08, 2022, 11:55:53 PM
A day on Chaserider buses:

• all buses ran, on time, and all buses passed going the other way at the expected times
  • all seats looked as reasonable as every other bus company I've used, and none of them smelled particularly worse than the bus itself (yes I smelled them) (maybe the populous of Cannock need a wash?)
  • none of the buses seemed clapped out, maybe some during the day were being driven a bit hard but different drivers etc. *maybe* one of the Solos I had sounded a bit nackered but tbf it had just blasted along the A5 to Telford by that point so I dunno
  • agreed the use of solos on interurban work is hilarious, but tbh if no one uses the services then it makes sense, I was the only person on the bus quite a lot today. Not overly convinced that full length single decks are needed on a 15 min frequency on the Pye Greens but meh whatever
  • spoke to some people during the day and some seemed happier now it isn't Arriva, although for the most they couldn't care its just a bus

So yeah. Perspective.

Excellent post @Kevin - a very balanced view and agree with your findings.

Quote from: Grinder on January 09, 2022, 08:57:01 AM
Kevin your perspective on Chaserider is a mirror of my findings over a two week period last October.  However I very much doubt that your comments will do anything to stop the Chaserider (formerly Arriva Cannock) knockers from their negative views even posting negative comments about Chaserider on the threads on other operators.

Ditto @Grinder

I don't use Chaserider, though speaking with their customers and looking at the team they have working there, they're no better or worse than any other bus company.

The interiors/exteriors are on par with their age and useage, customers are grateful that they're running a service and that there is STILL a network in Cannock area.

I don't buy the majority of the comments of how bad the company is. I have nothing but admiration for D&G and Chaserider for taking on Cannock after Arriva and trying to run a bus service in a semi-rural area.

Most need to remember that they are a business - if it doesn't make money, then they won't hesitate to pull out. Some should be careful what they wish for.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Bob

"agreed the use of solos on interurban work is hilarious" Like the two that broke down on the first journeys on the 826/70 today?

Bob

Twin door E200 also broke down on the 70. Thats 2 1hr gaps in service already today. Again, are these things even up to interurban use?? If they want to operate a reliable service?

tphi12000

Noted all white Optare MetroCity 149 YJ67GBX on the 74 this morning in Stafford. Bus times suggests 151YJ67GBY is also out on the74.
Tony

Capitalpotter

I should imagine the 2 white metrocities are in Cannock to be upseated and painted but are just helping out in the meantime.

Bob

Quote from: Capitalpotter on January 12, 2022, 05:42:26 PM
I should imagine the 2 white metrocities are in Cannock to be upseated and painted but are just helping out in the meantime.

They must be short of vehicles. The Versa that was used to help outs not been out since Friday

Bob

Theres three Streetlites, four or five Solos, one of the MCVS off the road and 603 broke down 8th Dec in Stafford shortly after trqnsferring in and hasnt been out since. Driver in Cannock was telling someone ( whod been moaning about Pye Greens not turning up two days in a row) that they have to take buses off there to replace other breqkdowns hence the no shows on PGs

tphi12000

Noted E200MMC number 1 out on the 60 this eveing having been off road 3 weeks or so .
Tony

BusMan Greg

Anyone seen 743 out?

Westy

Well, first day back at work, after Covid isolation.

Seem to have caught,  on the first 1, an all white single decker,  that seems to be half luggage racks, half seating.

Bit OTT isn't it?

Bob

Quote from: Westy on January 14, 2022, 07:12:45 AM
Well, first day back at work, after Covid isolation.

Seem to have caught,  on the first 1, an all white single decker,  that seems to be half luggage racks, half seating.

Bit OTT isn't it?

Theyre ex airport buses

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk