News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: DJ on December 10, 2021, 11:26:55 AM
Without a lot of investment from either the local council (hah!) or one of the large groups, I can't see the situation ever improving back to how it used to be. I'll give D&G credit, they've tried their best to improve things after Arriva decided to throw in the towel, but with the network already far into decline, it's hard to stop that, let alone reverse it, especially when they're a smaller company overall.

I wonder whether D & G will throw in the towel. I looked at Google reviews the other day and theres quite a few, mostly about broken down buses, missed journeys, unreliability etc. I remember thinking when they got rid of the larger buses "what if routes pick up numbers wise, theyll be screwed with loads of old Solos" ....apart from their poor reliability theyre pretty unsuited to most routes.  For example, the 841 mostly has E200s on it, but it isnt really busy, solos would be perfect, but theyd probably break down lol

Bob

I caught a solo to walsall and a volvo back, the interiors, incl the ceiling panels etc were absolutely filthy and the seats were disgusting, the solo had 3 types of moquette and almost all of it was threadbare and stained etc. The volvos seats are smelly and none look like theyve ever been cleaned since the takeover. Theyve all been painteed and look ok but a lot are really poor inside. Surely even a steam clean something basic like that would make a decent improvement?

Westy

And talking of missed journeys,  the first 1 south didn't appear this morning.

I gave it 10 mins as well, before going round to Bloxwich Road & getting that next bus down, which was an X51,  followed by a 31 etc!

Westy

Service update from 9 January 2022:
Service 3 will continue to operate. Staffordshire County Council will be funding service 3 until further notice, while the service is reviewed.

BusMan Greg

SR 101 is apparently at Chaserider

EDIT: It was tracking on Pye Greens all day yesterday, now tracking on the 50 in Hanley

Bob

Quote from: BusMan Greg on December 17, 2021, 06:01:20 AM
SR 101 is apparently at Chaserider

EDIT: It was tracking on Pye Greens all day yesterday, now tracking on the 50 in Hanley

Wonder if its as unreliable as 104/106.....

tphi12000

743 YJ57BCU is in service this morning noted on 826 passing through Milford.
Tony

Grinder

Fleet no 743 is a VDL SB200/Plaxton Centro a Centrebus vehicle from Grantham ?  I was told by my granddaughters that 2 Chaserider buses were in a nose to rear shunt in Stafford last week, they said one was white and the other red, don't know anymore than that, but 743 could be a loan to cover.

Westy

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on December 21, 2021, 11:55:08 AM
https://www.facebook.com/102628331691000/posts/331390948814736/

Latest on the Facebook page!

Can you screenshot it as I don't have Facebook (I know, miserable old git ain't I?! ;D)
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

tphi12000

Quote from: tphi12000 on December 21, 2021, 08:32:53 AM
743 YJ57BCU is in service this morning noted on 826 passing through Milford.
Facebook also shows Versa 769 YJ57XWG in use on the 74 and is tracking as such on bustimes , given the time I saw 743 this morning this appears to be tracking as number 1 but happy to be proven wrong.
Tony

Westy

Quote from: Wumpty on December 21, 2021, 12:06:16 PM
Can you screenshot it as I don't have Facebook (I know, miserable old git ain't I?! ;D)

It's also on their Twitter feed, but basically it's a chance for you to colour in your own bus!

Stu

Quote from: Westy on December 21, 2021, 06:15:40 PM
It's also on their Twitter feed, but basically it's a chance for you to colour in your own bus!

Tip: Twitter links will 'embed' here, for some reason Facebook posts don't embed anymore.  ;)

https://twitter.com/ChaseriderBus/status/1473220447185498112
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Wumpty

Quote from: Stu on December 21, 2021, 07:00:40 PM
Tip: Twitter links will 'embed' here, for some reason Facebook posts don't embed anymore.  ;)

https://twitter.com/ChaseriderBus/status/1473220447185498112

Thanks Stu - we can't do any worse than the abominations that are 178/179 for Cannock Chase Radio!!!!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Bob

Wonder if the Versa will stay, surprisingly tidy bus and Cannock definetely needs some bigger vehicles!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk