News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

Quote from: BusMan Greg on September 18, 2021, 06:05:56 PM
Any idea what type of bus it was?

No idea, I didn't look at the body type, as the sight of (a) a 25 on the A5 up there confused me and (b) I didn't realise that Chaserider had full-body ads on their buses.

Pouring through bustimes and the time of day it was, I think it was MX62 ARF as it shows as being changed over at the time I would've been passing the area. I don't see an up-to-date picture of it to double check though, will have to see if I spot it the next time I'm in the area.

DJ

Quote from: ellspurs on September 18, 2021, 06:36:43 PM
I didn't realise that Chaserider had full-body ads on their buses.

I haven't checked the tracking, but it could've been 179, since that's now in a full body advert livery for a local radio.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

ellspurs

Quote from: DJ on September 18, 2021, 10:46:42 PM
I haven't checked the tracking, but it could've been 179, since that's now in a full body advert livery for a local radio.

I was thinking that I saw a Solo, and it weren't tracking between 9 and 12 on Friday so it could well have been that one. Tony literally took a picture of it on the same day. I just thought I saw more yellow in the livery.

Westy

Hope Chaserider will send someone down to Walsall Travelshop, to collect their remaining timetables on display before it shuts.

What a waste of paper, if Nx chuck them in the bin, especially as they're all still completley valid!

BusMan Greg

Looks like D&G (Presumably Chaserider) will be operating a workers shuttle to Alton Towers! The service/services will be serving the following areas: Cannock; Burntwood; Hednesford; Rugeley; Great Haywood; Hixon; Uttoxeter; and Denstone.

I'm trying to hunt down a timetable but no such luck as of yet

metrocity

Quote from: Westy on September 19, 2021, 02:37:27 PM
Hope Chaserider will send someone down to Walsall Travelshop, to collect their remaining timetables on display before it shuts.

What a waste of paper, if Nx chuck them in the bin, especially as they're all still completley valid!
You could send them a quick message / tweet instead of posting on here ?

mikestone

Quote from: BusMan Greg on September 19, 2021, 03:25:36 PM
Looks like D&G (Presumably Chaserider) will be operating a workers shuttle to Alton Towers! The service/services will be serving the following areas: Cannock; Burntwood; Hednesford; Rugeley; Great Haywood; Hixon; Uttoxeter; and Denstone.

I'm trying to hunt down a timetable but no such luck as of yet
They have been running a registered Alton Towers works service from Leek  ever since Tussaud's stopped operating their own transport without publishing a timetable, so why should this be different?

Westy

Quote from: metrocity on September 19, 2021, 03:35:08 PM
You could send them a quick message / tweet instead of posting on here ?

I suppose I could do.

Solo1

It's a works service for staff so not sure if u Will find a time table

Wumpty

Quote from: DJ on September 18, 2021, 10:46:42 PM

Do they use an advertising agency for their all over ads?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

metrocity

Pat

Quote from: Solo1 on September 19, 2021, 09:20:53 PM
It's a works service for staff so not sure if u Will find a time table
There has been timetables available for the Alton Towers works service before.  How would Alton Towers staff know when the bus is, if there isn't a timetable available?

DJ

Quote from: Pat on September 20, 2021, 01:14:11 PM
There has been timetables available for the Alton Towers works service before.  How would Alton Towers staff know when the bus is, if there isn't a timetable available?

I presume one would be available in private for the workers.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Grinder

Seen in Pye Green on the 25 circular service was Centrebus 309 an Optare Solo M850 in the old Centrebus livery but with Chaserider fleetnames.  By my reckoning that makes 4 Centresbus liveried loans (?) or transfers (?) with 603, 605 and 606 the VDL SB120/Plaxton Centros.

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Grinder on October 05, 2021, 04:34:14 PM
Seen in Pye Green on the 25 circular service was Centrebus 309 an Optare Solo M850 in the old Centrebus livery but with Chaserider fleetnames.  By my reckoning that makes 4 Centresbus liveried loans (?) or transfers (?) with 603, 605 and 606 the VDL SB120/Plaxton Centros.
603 is apparently on the 841 tonight according to bustimes.org

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk