News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Repaints and refurbishments 2021

Started by Tony, December 23, 2020, 04:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Any full repaints done will be done in two tone grey, 838 is the first.

The process to start painting double decks again is now underway, but it will take a few weeks to fit the new kit into the booth

Rachvince53

I would think the oldest ones will have a basic respray while others may get the full treatment.  

BBS

QuoteI would think the oldest ones will have a basic respray while others may get the full treatment. 
Doubt respray, just vinyl would do the job 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

don

As there are only 8 Tridents, 3 AlX 400 B7TLs and 10 (in Coventry) Geminis left, surely they're mostly likely to be withdrawn. I would doubt the handful transferred to West Midlands would be repainted. 

However the 54 E400s are another matter!! 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

winston

Quote from: Tony on October 25, 2022, 07:35:09 PMAny full repaints done will be done in two tone grey, 838 is the first.

The process to start painting double decks again is now underway, but it will take a few weeks to fit the new kit into the booth
Has it been about 2 years since the last double decker was painted? 
How come the new kit for the spray booth has taken so long to source? 

don

I seem to remember @Tony saying the new spray booth would be capable of taking a full size coach as well as double deckers - the part which wasn't functioning was stated to be the vehicle lift so presumably quite a big investment to replace. 

I've been quite surprised alternative arrangements haven't been made via external contracts - I think a couple of 49xx were dealt with like this and 6106. That said, the old liveried 49xx don't look bad still. 

I guess the need to repaint at least 54 double deckers from Coventry has brought forward the need to either resolve the problem or find an alternative - I was hopeful we might see some bottom half grey temporary fixes or something similar but it looks like full repaint/refurb service will be resumed fairly soon - good to see the photo of the 47xx with red patch fleet names. 

The 49xx now being transferred to WN haven't been painted/trimmed from new (so 8 yrs or so). 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Stu

Had a ride on 2229 this afternoon on the 4A from Shirley to Acocks Green.

Didn't realise that as well as a repaint, all the seats have been retrimmed with a new design, stripes instead of dots.

It's been a while since I travelled on any of these E200s, have any of the interior plastic mouldings been replaced or repainted as well? (Like those around the front wheels and the rear of the seats behind the driver) Seem to be a darker shade of grey to me compared to what I remember.

Honestly, if you didn't know otherwise, you'd swear this was a brand new bus!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

QuoteHad a ride on 2229 this afternoon on the 4A from Shirley to Acocks Green.

Didn't realise that as well as a repaint, all the seats have been retrimmed with a new design, stripes instead of dots.

It's been a while since I travelled on any of these E200s, have any of the interior plastic mouldings been replaced or repainted as well? (Like those around the front wheels and the rear of the seats behind the driver) Seem to be a darker shade of grey to me compared to what I remember.

Honestly, if you didn't know otherwise, you'd swear this was a brand new bus!

No interior panels changed, on some the floor has needed replacement in places, but the refurb is Normally remove any dented bodywork, retrim seats, replace any damaged seat backs, and a repaint

mesub

QuoteHonestly, if you didn't know otherwise, you'd swear this was a brand new bus!

Shame there's no new bus smell!
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

BNH2004

Stu

Quote from: BNH2004 on November 07, 2022, 07:17:19 PMWhat's happening with 1837? Is it a new heritage Bus?

http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/1750-1953/1837.html
I was wondering why it had all its vinyl logos removed in the previous photo...

Reminds me very much of when two B10Ls were painted purple with the intention of using them on the S9 service to Blythe Valley, only then for NX Bus to lose the contract...

http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/1317-1514/1415.html

Previously carried on B6LEs 594 and 595:
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/0501-0830/594.html
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

It's being prepared for a non PSV role, all will be revealed next week 

markcf83

Quote from: don on October 26, 2022, 12:08:14 AMAs there are only 8 Tridents, 3 AlX 400 B7TLs and 10 (in Coventry) Geminis left, surely they're mostly likely to be withdrawn. I would doubt the handful transferred to West Midlands would be repainted.

However the 54 E400s are another matter!!
I'd have to agree, especially the newest Enviros. 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Quote from: Tony on November 07, 2022, 08:36:42 PMIt's being prepared for a non PSV role, all will be revealed next week
while visiting the health bus at Westbrom recently the staff they were saying they're getting a replacement for the Mercedes Evobus  0405N which still looks in great condition, may be the chassis is on its last legs as these were known for rotting.

cris 99

The replacement for the health bus is 2246 
17//72/73/97/X12

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk