News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Repaints and refurbishments 2021

Started by Tony, December 23, 2020, 04:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BN

BN

867 back too, replaced by 869.
Only 1 left now!

BN

CL

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

PB2938

952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

BN

870 now back, completing the PN fleet.

Stevo

Has a vehicle already in crimson received a crimson repaint yet? Or is it just red and white, hybrids and Dundee liveried vehicles that have been crimsoned?

Solo1

Quote from: Stevo on October 29, 2021, 09:39:07 AM
Has a vehicle already in crimson received a crimson repaint yet? Or is it just red and white, hybrids and Dundee liveried vehicles that have been crimsoned?
some of the pensnet are getting a touch up was a post on here

PB2938

952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Stu

Quote from: Stevo on October 29, 2021, 09:39:07 AM

It says a lot for the quality of the crimson repaints so far, that barring any minor touch ups due to accident repairs or panel replacements that most of the crimson painted vehicles are nowhere near requiring any kind of full repaint yet.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Stu on October 29, 2021, 06:24:10 PM
It says a lot for the quality of the crimson repaints so far, that barring any minor touch ups due to accident repairs or panel replacements that most of the crimson painted vehicles are nowhere near requiring any kind of full repaint yet.

Out of the UK at the moment so not as accurate, but when I last saw some of the E200MMCs in Solihull 6 weeks ago, some were looking battle scared.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Stu on October 29, 2021, 06:24:10 PM

The same can be said for the Platinums.

BBS

Quote from: MW on October 29, 2021, 06:43:31 PM
Out of the UK at the moment so not as accurate, but when I last saw some of the E200MMCs in Solihull 6 weeks ago, some were looking battle scared.
definitely acocks greens bashed up mmcs
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

BN

Aren't photo memories nice on your phone, "on this day 5yrs ago" WN had 2019 back, Done in the new crimson.

Stu

I have a couple of questions, some of which have been asked elsewhere and may have been answered already, but can't find them now, but thought this topic would be a good one to 'revive', save others keep asking the same questions elsewhere!

First one, is the paint shop at Walsall requipped to repaint double-deck vehicles again?

Secondly, with an influx of Coventry vehicles set to transfer into the West Mids fleet, it stands to reason that many will be used in service in the Coventry livery.
If any are to be repainted, will they go straight into the 'new' grey Platinum design, or will any in the 'old' Coventry blue/white style just get a 'quick touch-up' with the blue being painted over with red?

Personally I wouldn't expect all the vehicles to go through the whole refurb process, especially some of the older ones such as the Geminis or Tridents, as they probably only have a couple more years life left in them, so wouldn't be worth it.

Just curious as to what will happen with these, and I wouldn't personally be bothered if they stayed in sky-blue with just some vinyls applied.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk