News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

The new icons at the bottom of every post

Started by Ian Hardy, November 08, 2020, 08:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Your reaction to 'reactions'...

Keep them its just a bit of fun!
2 (5.6%)
Keep them but replace with static icons
19 (52.8%)
Get rid!
15 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: November 14, 2020, 07:18:43 PM

Ian Hardy

Is there any way of stopping the new icons at the bottom every post from moving continuously, they are very distracting, and the movement serves no useful purpose?

A static icon would convey the same information without being so annoying.

Many thanks

karl724223

Gareth

We had thumbs up and down a few years back. It's just another way for members to spam and annoy others.
The constant moving of these new icons is so unbelievably annoying. Please get rid of them. Please?!

mikestone

Stu

I've added a poll to this topic, I knew that some members here might object to the addition of 'reactions' for posts, but lets give everyone the opportunity to decide.

I would agree that if we keep them, I will replace the 'animated' icons with static ones, as it does make the page look a bit too 'busy'.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

V89MOA

Don't know why people are moaning, they aren't doing any harm. One thing I would ask though @Stu  , is there anyway of being notified when somebody reacts to a post of yours? I'm not getting anything at present.

Stu

Quote from: V89MOA on November 09, 2020, 07:59:19 PM
Don't know why people are moaning, they aren't doing any harm. One thing I would ask though @Stu  , is there anyway of being notified when somebody reacts to a post of yours? I'm not getting anything at present.

Unfortunately as this is just an 'add-in' extension, and not part of the core software, it does not appear possible to get a notification when someone 'reacts' to your post, as with other more modern forum systems.
My locals:

DJ

Quote from: V89MOA on November 09, 2020, 07:59:19 PM

They don't do harm, true, but they do seem a bit large and obnoxious. I'd prefer a way to at least turn off the animations, or outright disable them.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Stu

OK, so I've replaced them with some static icons, using the forum's own icons.

If we end up keeping this feature, I'll try and find some icons that look a bit 'cleaner'.
My locals:

DJ

Quote from: Stu on November 10, 2020, 07:08:02 PM
OK, so I've replaced them with some static icons, using the forum's own icons.

If we end up keeping this feature, I'll try and find some icons that look a bit 'cleaner'.

I've had a go at whipping up a few of my own, which I reckon do look 'cleaner' than the default ones. Feel free to use them, I claim no copyright on them etc. https://imgur.com/a/ux9o6E9

Here's a test of how they'd fit in, using Inspect Element to change them on my end in Chrome:

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Stu

Quote from: DJ on November 10, 2020, 07:58:24 PM
I've had a go at whipping up a few of my own, which I reckon do look 'cleaner' than the default ones. Feel free to use them, I claim no copyright on them etc. https://imgur.com/a/ux9o6E9

Here's a test of how they'd fit in, using Inspect Element to change them on my end in Chrome:

Ah thanks, nice bit of work there!
My locals:

ellspurs

Have these now been removed? I don't see them popping up underneath posts any more.

windy miller

I had noticed these icons were missing. it may be best to remove them
  permanently as they may only encourage trolling (tit for tat) and we
   can do without any of that thanks

Mind the Gap.....?:-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk