News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suavegarv

Quote from: Mike K on March 03, 2024, 05:15:41 PMHe's posting a link to press article about electric buses in a thread about electric buses on a forum to discuss buses. I doubt he's trying to achieve anything and don't see why he needs to do any research before posting? The purpose of a forum is for informative and hopefully lively debate, so regardless of what I think of the article and the quality of the source of it, I find it interesting to read and discuss. It's getting to the point where people are criticised for posting just about anything.
Thanks. That's all I was doing, pointing out an OTT newspaper article.

BBS

Isn't the issue mainly with other electric types? I haven't heard a single issue with the BYD E400EVs?
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Jay71

I'm not sure if this question has been asked before.  How long should it take to charge a battery from flat to fully charged?

Tony

Quote from: Jay71 on March 04, 2024, 06:51:06 PMI'm not sure if this question has been asked before.  How long should it take to charge a battery from flat to fully charged?
There is no fixed time, different chargers charge at different rates

jasmine

might be a dumb question but do you know the quickest and slowest charge, or the quickest and slowest charge youve seen?
Quote from: Tony on March 04, 2024, 07:15:00 PMThere is no fixed time, different chargers charge at different rates

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Wba_lad

Quote from: Stu on March 10, 2024, 12:37:31 PMAccording to this article in Coach & Bus Week, its only 105 vehicles affected by this issue:
https://cbwmagazine.com/hvac-fault-leads-to-recall-for-byd-adl-enviros/

Are any of the national express ones affected by this recall does anyone know?

jasmine

Quote from: Wba_lad on March 10, 2024, 01:51:47 PMAre any of the national express ones affected by this recall does anyone know?
iirc tony said something about turning off the system when transporting some of the new electrics, dont know if that counts as an answer to your question though. if my memory serves he said like half of the new electrics are affected, pinch of salt though.

cardew

Quote from: Stu on March 10, 2024, 12:37:31 PMAccording to this article in Coach & Bus Week, its only 105 vehicles affected by this issue:
https://cbwmagazine.com/hvac-fault-leads-to-recall-for-byd-adl-enviros/

in the meantime the fake story about 2000 buses needing a recall from an anti net-zero paper will have had countless views on facebook. Depressing. 

don

Quote from: cardew on March 10, 2024, 08:09:20 PMin the meantime the fake story about 2000 buses needing a recall from an anti net-zero paper will have had countless views on facebook. Depressing.
As always with the Daily Mail one has to read very carefully. Right at the end of the article it states the number of vehicles recalled correctly - after having raised incorrectly the spectre of the entire national fleet of ADL/BYD buses being faulty. Of course, that doesn't match their desired narrative of slagging off environmental activities and talking up the continuing use of fossil fuels. 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Sh4318

Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stevo

'Around 105 Alexander Dennis Enviro200 and Enviro400 buses have been affected by a recall concerning low-voltage systems which form part of the heating and air-conditioning system. The recall notice issued by the DVSA states that 'the low voltage harness connector of the control module may experience fatigue if subjected to excessive mating cycles leading to a localised thermal incident'. Well, if I were subjected to excessive mating cycles I'd be fatigued... :azn:

BK63 YWP

There was an electric Volvo demo single decker on the Duncan Edwards by pass earlier. Is nx trialing this?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Wba_lad

Just seen E199 outside moor street while on the 97 with Tony driving.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: BK63 YWP on March 13, 2024, 01:58:18 AMThere was an electric Volvo demo single decker on the Duncan Edwards by pass earlier. Is nx trialing this?
Iirc Tony mentioned that there was another demo due to visit but not sure where
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk