News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C Driver

Hearing (rumours) that the 8 could go DD...
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

mranon

Quote from: Stu on January 26, 2024, 07:31:13 PMThat is correct, the commitment was to have a 'zero-emission' bus fleet by 2030. Your calculations are probably right, the 'newest' diesel Platinums will likely be the last to be withdrawn as they still have a good few years in them.

Tony mentioned either here or in another thread that Perry Barr are due to have all their diesel double-decks replaced with new electrics in this latest delivery. While I would not like to say for certain what is going to happen, I would imagine we'll see some of their existing newer diesel double-decks be shifted around to other garages to withdraw some older ones.

My point was obviously as with the coventry diesel double deckers, they were shifted around the rest of the depots, so its a given the non euro 6 will go asap, then the oldest buses go, but will they do 1 garage at a time, or as they all become suitable for charging spread the introduction around keep average age down. I do wonder if as the majority of those diesel buses to be replaced are euro 6 and psvar whether nore would see resale upon withdraway. id imagine when they get to the last batch of platinums as they only be 11 years old they wouldnt be scrapped as still be worth money

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: mranon on January 26, 2024, 08:49:10 PMMy point was obviously as with the coventry diesel double deckers, they were shifted around the rest of the depots, so its a given the non euro 6 will go asap, then the oldest buses go, but will they do 1 garage at a time, or as they all become suitable for charging spread the introduction around keep average age down. I do wonder if as the majority of those diesel buses to be replaced are euro 6 and psvar whether nore would see resale upon withdraway. id imagine when they get to the last batch of platinums as they only be 11 years old they wouldnt be scrapped as still be worth money
Well even older buses like the B7's got sold on so the Plattys definitely will, that is if no one else is wanting all electric fleet. Maybe they could be exported to NI or Right Hand Drive overseas markets
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

BK63 YWP

Is 170 double deckers enough to replace all deckers at YW and PB? In this current new batch.

Can see Walsall lurking in the corner eyeing up deckers
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

don

Quote from: BK63 YWP on January 26, 2024, 11:48:58 PMIs 170 double deckers enough to replace all deckers at YW and PB? In this current new batch.

@Tony has only mentioned all PB's diesel double deckers being replaced - there are 99 currently (by my reckoning - which may or may not be accurate!! ) 🤣
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

winston

Quote from: BK63 YWP on January 26, 2024, 11:48:58 PMIs 170 double deckers enough to replace all deckers at YW and PB? In this current new batch.

Not quite, I make it 179 diesel deckers still active at those garages (102 x PB & 77 x YW). 

The Omnilinks fleet at both garages could also be reduced by cascaded deckers too.

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

Just seen E167 outside One Stop in perry barr. Is this bus with Coventry as the back display said NX coventry. 
5/51/X51/529

cris 99

No it's Perry Barr bus driver training. 
17//72/73/97/X12

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

But will it eventually go to Coventry?
5/51/X51/529

winston

Quote from: West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek on January 27, 2024, 12:04:18 PMBut will it eventually go to Coventry?
No, if you look at the mainn site with the 1000's of photos Tony puts on, you can answer your own question:

http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/E001/E167.html

Electric Bus fleetlist:
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/fleetlist/E001.html

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

Quote from: winston on January 27, 2024, 12:06:30 PMNo, if you look at the mainn site with the 1000's of photos Tony puts on, you can answer your own question:

http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/E001/E167.html

Electric Bus fleetlist:
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/fleetlist/E001.html
Thanks, but why would the back display say NX Coventry if it has nothing to do with coventry?
5/51/X51/529

winston

Quote from: West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek on January 27, 2024, 12:12:01 PMThanks, but why would the back display say NX Coventry if it has nothing to do with coventry?
It's just a display, Tony has said previously he often uses NXC route 11 to test displays / NSA's

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: EK40 on January 25, 2024, 09:07:54 PMit was only one fire btw, with a fairly rare type in the grand scheme of things (optare metrodecker EV) only operated in small amounts in london and york. nothings being withdrawn or converted or the like.

the type NX uses (BYD ADL400EV) has not had any isses despite probably being one of the most common electric types and being in service for nearly 5 years across the country.

its sensationalist media really, just trying to ragebait for clicks as they know people generally arent a fan of EVs due to some legitimate concerns and many random things they've been told over facebook and believe.
Thank You i was not aware it was one i have seen several posts, one through the garage doors & 2 from different angles i thought that was 3 my bad, im not an expert, i did not realise also that there  are different types, i thought the differences where just Chassis & Body - i AM  afan of the Electrics, but NOT The Tram, i would be a fan of the Hydrogens but they spend too much time off the road, it seems the technology is not ready to be rolled out yet as the infrastructure is not there
3000 F300 XOF

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: Stu on January 25, 2024, 07:46:40 PMAll I will say is to be wary of "anti-electric vehicle" propaganda.

Especially if it is being circulated on social media.

Yes, I am aware of certain stories about electric bus fires and admittedly I've not looked too closely into them, but equally as far as I am aware, it has never been made clear if such vehicles have 'accidentally' caught fire or been subject to arson attacks.

Thank you for not jumping down my throat

for the record, im ok with The Electrics, my attention was grabbed by the fact they were on fire, agreed NXWM has suffered a lot of Arson Attacks lately, somebody recently claimed to be responsible for a fire to an ALX400 and said F**k It it's only a bus, only a bus it maybe (to some ppl) but if the same ppl had to buy one (even a pre-owned one) i think attitudes might change, similarly if they need to get from A to B but there is a shortage of Buses due to them being Burned, they will be first to slag the bus company.

Burning Buses (or anything) should be stamped out its not funny & its not victimless.

anyhoo thanks for that, ill continue to just watch what happens
3000 F300 XOF

markcf83

Quote from: Celestial Toymaker on January 27, 2024, 02:11:25 PMThank you for not jumping down my throat

for the record, im ok with The Electrics, my attention was grabbed by the fact they were on fire, agreed NXWM has suffered a lot of Arson Attacks lately, somebody recently claimed to be responsible for a fire to an ALX400 and said F**k It it's only a bus, only a bus it maybe (to some ppl) but if the same ppl had to buy one (even a pre-owned one) i think attitudes might change, similarly if they need to get from A to B but there is a shortage of Buses due to them being Burned, they will be first to slag the bus company.

They'd be changing their tune if they were forced to pay for one bus......
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk