News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: PB50 on November 22, 2023, 01:24:39 PMI've seen some coming through Walsall this morning obviously heading to the garage.
4 currently at WA and 10 at BC

Mayfield

Noted UID one on the M6 south near junction 36 about 14.30 today

Solo1

Mentions pensnett wonder if will be for 126 

Stu

Quote from: Solo1 on November 23, 2023, 01:55:30 PMMentions pensnett wonder if will be for 126
Likely Pensnett will just be used for temporary storage, same as Walsall and Birmingham Central.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Wumpty

@Tony any performance figures available for first phase electrics 20 plates) to see how battery life against mileage covered is performing?

Interested to see if the batteries are sustaining the constant charging as there would be some expected battery depreciation.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

winston

Tony

The first two of 
Quote from: winston on November 27, 2023, 05:24:32 PME236 & E239 are both built at ADL, Falkirk:

E236:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/197146068@N03/53356295212

E239:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/197146068@N03/53357501859
the first two second batch (E194/5) are due for delivery this week. (along with all the remaining ones of the first batch)

spacecowboy150

How come they have London registrations 

Tony

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on November 27, 2023, 06:02:02 PMHow come they have London registrations
Exactly the same reason all the others in the fleet do. They're registered by BYD. Apart from Wrights most buses are registered in the area they are built, or where the head office is.

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on November 27, 2023, 06:06:46 PMExactly the same reason all the others in the fleet do. They're registered by BYD. Apart from Wrights most buses are registered in the area they are built, or where the head office is.
I've noticed that Go Ahead companies tend in many cases to have their vehicles registered locally, regardless of make. For example GNE's E200s carry Newcastle plates (although their E400s don't) and most of Go South Coast's ADL vehicles have Hampshire plates. Likewise, Plymouth Citybus tend to have West Country plates. I'm not sure how or why Go Ahead manage to do this when other companies don't, but I personally think the loss of local plates on what are already pretty generic buses nationwide these days is a bit of a shame. 

Wba_lad

E187 arrived at Wolverhampton where it is being stored.

Tony

E170 is the first new electric to get to Perry Barr. It's only to be used for on site training at the moment so don't expect to see it out and about 

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on November 29, 2023, 04:28:07 PME170 is the first new electric to get to Perry Barr. It's only to be used for on site training at the moment so don't expect to see it out and about
Do the electrics have pantographs to be charged or will charging facilities be fitted 

Stu

Quote from: Wba_lad on November 30, 2023, 03:26:24 PMDo the electrics have pantographs to be charged or will charging facilities be fitted

Have a look at this (timestamped for relevance)

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Squiz1971

Quote from: Wba_lad on November 30, 2023, 03:26:24 PMDo the electrics have pantographs to be charged or will charging facilities be fitted

I believe they plug in like an electric car/van does. Pantographs were used on trolley buses in the day and now on the trams otherwise there would be streets of overhead lines to accommodate the new electrics,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk