News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

2019 H M GOV BUS STATISTCS

Started by richardjones210368, December 18, 2019, 10:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

Monday AM, the double decker 33 was going into Birmingham City Centre nearly full at 0455.

Fairly healthy loads on a few 50, seen on Alcester Road between 0600-0700.

Service 17 was showing a "bus full due to social distancing" message on Coventry Road at about 0945 (with another 17 immediately behind, with a healthy load on it).

And over in Nottingham this last Tuesday:

49X to Boots full with people standing around 05:30.
49A seen in Nottingham City Centre with a 3/4 load around 0600.
Plenty of Trent Barton buses at least half full.

Sure, there were buses on both days that didn't have many/any people on (mostly Diamond 50s), but bus usage has definitely increased from even a month ago.

There's going to be only a few people that have access to the full picture, and Tony would be one of them.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 22, 2020, 09:38:19 PM
Ok @Tony if the operators have 40% as data then excellent news I only have the data from the WMCA but from my own usage which I have photographic evidence the number of passengers on yesterday:
13A only me on the top deck
16W only me on the bus
4H only me on the bus
Today:
24 Only me on the bus
24 Only me on the bus
X8 Only me on the top deck
48 Only me on the top deck
19 Only me on the bus
4H Only me on the top deck.
Hardly 40% @Tony but what do I know I only use our excellent bus service as I have done throughout the Covid-19 pandemic so what do I know about bus useage?

How can this representative of anything, besides I think some areas are taking longer to recover than others.

I would love to take a trip on a bus but am still rather nervous as I am about doing a number of things post covid.

The bus industry will recover as slowly or as qquick as it takes, nothing anybody can do sadly.

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

BK63 YWP

Looks like Richard has left the forum again!

Back on topic, i feel the bus industry will recover in time as life tries to go back to some normality and the second peak is a small one but I do feel there may be a big casualty out of this and several independents may go bust as the government funding is slowly pulled
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk