News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

2019 H M GOV BUS STATISTCS

Started by richardjones210368, December 18, 2019, 10:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Gareth on July 22, 2020, 12:31:35 PM
You really need to stop all this 'may I remind you' nonsense that you've been using in all your recent posts. Do you have any idea how derogatory you sound?
Not really @Gareth it is how we were taught to respond to points in Whitehall but I understand your view and have amended the post accordingly as perhaps; on reflection; this is not the place for such formality and is not intended towards @Tony in the manner you describe I apologise for any offense incurred it was not my intention.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 22, 2020, 10:58:03 AM
I have checked this; this morning; and the following applies: @Tony
On Page 4 Workwise championed by Cllr Zaffer is the responsibility of TfWM
On page 5 on Network Management partnerships with the bus operators are the responsibility of TfWM
On Page 6 Air Quality and Carbon Reduction on the buses is the responsibility of TfWM
On Page 6 The West Midlands Bus Alliance is the responsibility of the WMCA
On Page 6 Promoting Bus Use & Improving the Passenger Experience thru ticketing is the responsibility of TfWM
On Page 7 Birmingham City Councils funding for the hydrogen bus project falls within the remit of the West Midlands Combined Authority & its West Midlands Low Emission Bus Delivery Plan from West Midlands Bus Alliance. Birmingham City Council is only responsible for highways and bus priority measures outlined on this page.
On Page 7 Sprint is the responsibility of TfWM
On Page 7 TfWM is providing the majority of funding for Cross City Bus Priority and TfWM are the lead.
On Page 7 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital Bus Priority from National Productivity Investment Fund is a matter for HM Treasury
On Page 7 Sprint Hagley Rd is the responsibility of TfWM
On Page 7 Sprint Sutton is the responsibility of TfWM
On Page 7 only Alcester Rd Bus Priority which is in partnership with TfWM & Harborne Rd Road safety Improvements are the responsibility of Birmingham City Council.
Only a small part of the report you quoted is of any responsibility of Birmingham City Council the rest of it is a wish list of Cllr Zafar as Birmingham City Council have no direct responsibility for bus provision in the City that is what we have TfWM for the report to have more relevance to the buses in Birmingham it would have been preferable to be created in conjunction with the WMCA who have the overall responsibility for buses in Birmingham. This is no way political as I previously stated I am not a member of any political party and have no interest in politics only buses.

So why hasn't Andy Street or the WMCA spoke out against this report.

basically you want Andy Street and the WMCA to take charge of this report and get all the praise for it, when in fact the council have done the report and it's them who should be getting the praise.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 22, 2020, 02:39:54 PM
So why hasn't Andy Street or the WMCA spoke out against this report.

basically you want Andy Street and the WMCA to take charge of this report and get all the praise for it, when in fact the council have done the report and it's them who should be getting the praise.
The report is nothing to do with the WMCA & is of no relevance to anyone save Cllr Zafar save for the cost to the Birmingham City Council - Council Tax Payer who has funded itsadly.

An almost identical report on the sustainability of public transport together with the Mayors vision for buses iln Birmingham is avaliable to view on the TfWM website. @Stuharris 6360

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 22, 2020, 10:58:03 AM
On Page 7 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital Bus Priority from National Productivity Investment Fund is a matter for HM Treasury
What will be changing at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital on New Fosse Way?
Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 21, 2020, 07:50:49 PM
Can I just remind everyone that the future of our hobby and industry could be in serious peri
Also what percentage of passengers compared to normal are services operating to at present. From what I saw this evening both 4780 & 1799 were busy on the 55/94, so presume more people are going back to using them.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Quote from: 2206 on July 22, 2020, 05:13:16 PM
What will be changing at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital on New Fosse Way? Also what percentage of passengers compared to normal are services operating to at present. From what I saw this evening both 4780 & 1799 were busy on the 55/94, so presume more people are going back to using them.

Noted those in low car ownership areas.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: 2206 on July 22, 2020, 05:13:16 PM
What will be changing at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital on New Fosse Way? Also what percentage of passengers compared to normal are services operating to at present. From what I saw this evening both 4780 & 1799 were busy on the 55/94, so presume more people are going back to using them.
@2206 the last statistics I had from the WMCA is we are running at 19% of the normal capacity of passengers whilst at QEHB the plan which I am proud to be part of to be delivered is bus priority measures outside the out patients department as services currently suffer from delays due to the current drop of system in place. The funding for these measures to give buses priority is from the National Productivity Investment Fund & is paid from HM Treasury to improve the experience of bus users including myself to QEHB.

Tony

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 22, 2020, 07:23:07 PM
@2206 the last statistics I had from the WMCA is we are running at 19% of the normal capacity of passengers whilst at QEHB the plan which I am proud to be part of to be delivered is bus priority measures outside the out patients department as services currently suffer from delays due to the current drop of system in place. The funding for these measures to give buses priority is from the National Productivity Investment Fund & is paid from HM Treasury to improve the experience of bus users including myself to QEHB.

That's not very up to date 19% was a few weeks ago, close to 40% now

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on July 22, 2020, 07:38:26 PM
That's not very up to date 19% was a few weeks ago, close to 40% now

Still quite poor though unfortunately. I personally haven't been on a bus since lockdown. Especially as it seems Covid is airborne now, so you can't protect against it

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 22, 2020, 08:02:18 PM
Still quite poor though unfortunately. I personally haven't been on a bus since lockdown. Especially as it seems Covid is airborne now, so you can't protect against it

So you think 40% is poor at the moment?

It is higher than almost every other part of the country

winston

Quote from: Tony on July 22, 2020, 08:03:34 PM

I think the current norm is nearer 25% compare with pre Covid

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Tony on July 22, 2020, 08:03:34 PM

Ok @Tony if the operators have 40% as data then excellent news I only have the data from the WMCA but from my own usage which I have photographic evidence the number of passengers on yesterday:
13A only me on the top deck
16W only me on the bus
4H only me on the bus
Today:
24 Only me on the bus
24 Only me on the bus
X8 Only me on the top deck
48 Only me on the top deck
19 Only me on the bus
4H Only me on the top deck.
Hardly 40% @Tony but what do I know I only use our excellent bus service as I have done throughout the Covid-19 pandemic so what do I know about bus useage?

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 22, 2020, 09:38:19 PM
Ok @Tony if the operators have 40% as data then excellent news I only have the data from the WMCA but from my own usage which I have photographic evidence the number of passengers on yesterday:
16W only me on the bus
4H only me on the bus
Today:
24 Only me on the bus
24 Only me on the bus
19 Only me on the bus
Hardly 40% @Tony but what do I know I only use our excellent bus service as I have done throughout the Covid-19 pandemic.
Some of the 14's, 55's, 94's  and 11's are fairly busy and not empty from what I've seen.
They are also running duplicates on the 47 (City - Cotteridge), 11 (Acocks Green - Erdington via Ward End) (And it was also said the  Perry Barr - Handsworth - Bearwood section), 14 (City Centre - Stechford via Alum Rock), etc, due to demand so people can distance i'd expect, as I doubt they'd be running them if they weren't needed. Both 4780 and 1799 had someone on every row earlier on the 55/94.

I would think parts of Birmingham are perhaps lower car ownership areas. So there is more reliance on the buses in certain areas as @Trident 4194 said earlier. Wheras the routes you are using could be high car ownership areas, or generally not as busy, which could be why you are the only one on the bus.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

richie

16W only me on the bus
4H only me on the bus
Today:
24 Only me on the bus
24 Only me on the bus
19 Only me on the bus
Hardly 40% @Tony but what do I know I only use our excellent bus service as I have done throughout the Covid-19 pandemic so what do I know about bus useage?

You don’t have the facts and figures that back the statement regarding patronage. You have a snap shot of your personal experience which represents a tiny percentage of the networks overall journeys. It appears to me you also have all the gear and no idea! I’m amazed you didn’t fall out with yourself sat alone on the top deck. 

I just cannot understand why you have to challenge everything? Even when your not furnished with the facts. You either like to cause arguments or are simply thick.

BK63 YWP

16W only me on the bus
4H only me on the bus
Today:
24 Only me on the bus
24 Only me on the bus
19 Only me on the bus

15 for me yesterday from Bromley Lane 8 people and returning around 14 people from merry hill... you can not judge on a single journies as they can vary day to day
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

BH2004

16W only me on the bus
4H only me on the bus
Today:
24 Only me on the bus
24 Only me on the bus
19 Only me on the bus

I have the 15 running in my area it all depends on what time of day because some buses have had 0 people on some have been alot more

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk