News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

2019 H M GOV BUS STATISTCS

Started by richardjones210368, December 18, 2019, 10:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 21, 2020, 07:50:49 PM
Can I just remind everyone that the future of our hobby and industry could be in serious peril with what I found out from The Buses Minister yesterday over support for the bus industry from October and this is is far more important than personal thoughts about members of the forum such as myself who uses buses and operators 364 days a week & only comments about my personal use of The West Midlands County bus network even throughout the Covid-19 lockdown when no one was able to support our operators I continued to use the bus for essential hospital treatment & I thank the operators from the bottom of my heart to maintaing a vital bus service for those of us who needed to use it in lockdown & whatever you think of me at least I have found out where the operators stand from October and you can put your views to The Chancellor direct:

Rishi Sunak current Chancellor of the Exchequer has announced a spending review across all departments including the DfT. From a virtual meeting I had with the Minister for Buses, Baroness Vere of Norburton yesterday she seemed to indicate financial support post Covid-19for the bus industry would end in October 2020. If you have any comments to make to The Chancellor in regard for continuing financial support for the bus industry post his autumn statement please email your comments to:
public.enquiries@hmtreasury.gov.uk
but for your comment to be considered please make sure you include your full name and address with your comment. The bus industry needs continued financial support & The Treasury needs to know this is vital for the future of the bus industry in England.

Really, how come you are privy to all this infformation, are you a "bus champion" by any chance?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 21, 2020, 07:55:44 PM
Really, how come you are privy to all this infformation, are you a "bus champion" by any chance?
Ha Ha very good @Stuharris 6360 I am a little more than a "bus champion" if you wish to PM me I am more than happy to explain why I am privy to all this information as you suggest I have nothing to hide.

Tony

Something interesting from Birmingham Council, including dates they hope to have some projects done by

(You'll need to download it to read it, but it is safe)

https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/downloads/file/16920/birmingham_bus_statement_-_july_2020

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Tony on July 21, 2020, 08:36:01 PM
Something interesting from Birmingham Council, including dates they hope to have some projects done by

https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/downloads/file/16920/birmingham_bus_statement_-_july_2020
A most interesting and thoughtful paper from Councillor Wazeem Zaffeer @Tony  may I remind everyone that Birmingham City Council which Cllr Zaffeer represents is only a stakeholder within Transport for West Midlands and the document contains simply aspirations on Cllr Zaffeers part the final decisions on anything to do with the future of policies regarding buses within West Midlands County is the responsibility of The West Midlands Combined Authority and The Mayor & we would welcome any input from Cllr Zaffeer if he ever bothered to turn up for meetings of West Midlands Bus Alliance of which the excellent Cllr Kath Hartley of Birmingham City Council is the Chair that is where the decisions are made on the strategic future of buses in The West Midlands County not in Birmingham Council House.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Tony on July 21, 2020, 08:36:01 PM

Yes, interesting indeed - and very positive for buses.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Justin Tyme on July 21, 2020, 09:18:03 PM
Yes, interesting indeed - and very positive for buses.
And of course absolutely of no relevance at all @Justin Tyme to those who actually make the decisions on buses in The West Midlands County but I agree very interesting indeed and quite positive on buses. Its unfortunate its most likely a complete waste of Council Tax payers money in Birmingham but it looks nice for Cllr Zafferr on his CV I agree. Policy on buses in The West Midlands County is a matter for The Mayor & the collective decisions of the West Midlands Combined Authority not just Birmingham City Council.

Tony

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 21, 2020, 09:32:47 PM
And of course absolutely of no relevance at all @Justin Tyme to those who actually make the decisions on buses in The West Midlands County but I agree very interesting indeed and quite positive on buses. Its unfortunate its most likely a complete waste of Council Tax payers money in Birmingham but it looks nice for Cllr Zafferr on his CV I agree. Policy on buses in The West Midlands County is a matter for The Mayor & the collective decisions of the West Midlands Combined Authority not just Birmingham City Council.

Stop the political rubbish.

It is Birmingham Council who will install the bus lane cameras. It is BCC who will make Moor Street Queensway a bus gate. It is BCC who won the money from Government for the hydrogen project. You make out all that stuff in  there is just Councillor Zafar's wish list

Busboy105

Looks like the Druids Heath to Dudley cross city route is officially happening then as well as other cross-city routes. Hope they get this right or this is a massive disaster waiting to happen.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Tony on July 21, 2020, 09:52:39 PM

It is Birmingham Council who will install the bus lane cameras. It is BCC who will make Moor Street Queensway a bus gate. It is BCC who won the money from Government for the hydrogen project. You make out all that stuff in  there is just Councillor Zafar's wish list
I would never use this forum to make political points I am not a member of any political party @Tony I fully agree Birmingham City Council is responsible for highways & infrastructure but they do not have direct influence on bus service provision in the West Midlands County I stand by my opinion the report you quoted is a vanity project for Cllr Zaffer & would have been more of relevance if the report had been produced in conjunction with The West Midlands Combined Authority as it stands it is of no relevance overall to the provision of bus services in the West Midlands County & very odd he didn't take part in a conference call discussing the future of buses in metropolitan areas with the Minister for Buses, the heads of TfWM TfGM TfL and most of the major operators yesterday I was also delighted to take part in as I say Cllr Zafeers & his report is of no consequence to those who are actually burdened with trying to save the bus industry from disaster. May I remind you support to keep our excellent West Midlands County bus network going thru the unfortunate circumstance we are living in comes from West Midlands Midlands Combined Authority and not Birmingham City Council.

Tony

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 21, 2020, 10:06:58 PM
I would never use this forum to make political points I am not a member of any political party @Tony I fully agree Birmingham City Council is responsible for highways & infrastructure but they do not have direct influence on bus service provision in the West Midlands County I stand by my opinion the report you quoted is a vanity project for Cllr Zaffer & would have been more of relevance if the report had been produced in conjunction with The West Midlands Combined Authority as it stands it is of no relevance overall to the provision of bus services in the West Midlands County & very odd he didn't take part in a conference call discussing the future of buses in metropolitan areas with the Minister for Buses, the heads of TfWM TfGM TfL and most of the major operators yesterday I was also delighted to take part in as I say Cllr Zafeers & his report is of no consequence to those who are actually burdened with trying to save the bus industry from disaster. May I remind you support to keep our excellent West Midlands County bus network going thru the unfortunate circumstance we are living in comes from West Midlands Midlands Combined Authority and not Birmingham City Council.

You said this is of no relevance at all in a previous reply, most of this report is on infrastructure improvements, which you now say the council are responsible for, so you are disagreeing with yourself.

Dom

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 21, 2020, 10:06:58 PM

Yet another false statment. Richard, you've made so many political comments over your two appearances on here. Get off man.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Tony on July 21, 2020, 10:18:14 PM
You said this is of no relevance at all in a previous reply, most of this report is on infrastructure improvements, which you now say the council are responsible for, so you are disagreeing with yourself.
Im am not disagreeing with myself @Tony  the report outlines matters regarding bus provision which are outside Birmingham City Councils responsibilities it would have been far more conscructive if it had been produced in conjunction with West Midlands Combined Authority . If the author actually believed in the future of the bus in the West Midlands one would expect the report to be produced in conjunction with the Transport Authority I stand by my comments it is a vanity project.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Dom on July 21, 2020, 10:18:50 PM
Yet another false statment. Richard, you've made so many political comments over your two appearances on here. Get off man.

Say no more, I guessed earlier (talk of Blackheath buses and hospital appointments), so now we know to ignore @WyreForestShuttle because he just spouts a lot of garbage and no one is interested in any of it!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Tony on July 21, 2020, 09:52:39 PM

I have checked this; this morning; and the following applies: @Tony
On Page 4 Workwise championed by Cllr Zaffer is the responsibility of TfWM
On page 5 on Network Management partnerships with the bus operators are the responsibility of TfWM
On Page 6 Air Quality and Carbon Reduction on the buses is the responsibility of TfWM
On Page 6 The West Midlands Bus Alliance is the responsibility of the WMCA
On Page 6 Promoting Bus Use & Improving the Passenger Experience thru ticketing is the responsibility of TfWM
On Page 7 Birmingham City Councils funding for the hydrogen bus project falls within the remit of the West Midlands Combined Authority & its West Midlands Low Emission Bus Delivery Plan from West Midlands Bus Alliance. Birmingham City Council is only responsible for highways and bus priority measures outlined on this page.
On Page 7 Sprint is the responsibility of TfWM
On Page 7 TfWM is providing the majority of funding for Cross City Bus Priority and TfWM are the lead.
On Page 7 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital Bus Priority from National Productivity Investment Fund is a matter for HM Treasury
On Page 7 Sprint Hagley Rd is the responsibility of TfWM
On Page 7 Sprint Sutton is the responsibility of TfWM
On Page 7 only Alcester Rd Bus Priority which is in partnership with TfWM & Harborne Rd Road safety Improvements are the responsibility of Birmingham City Council.
Only a small part of the report you quoted is of any responsibility of Birmingham City Council the rest of it is a wish list of Cllr Zafar as Birmingham City Council have no direct responsibility for bus provision in the City that is what we have TfWM for the report to have more relevance to the buses in Birmingham it would have been preferable to be created in conjunction with the WMCA who have the overall responsibility for buses in Birmingham. This is no way political as I previously stated I am not a member of any political party and have no interest in politics only buses.

Gareth

You really need to stop all this 'may I remind you' nonsense that you've been using in all your recent posts. Do you have any idea how derogatory you sound?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk