News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

2019 H M GOV BUS STATISTCS

Started by richardjones210368, December 18, 2019, 10:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardjones210368

Just in case anyone wants to view them the 2019 Government Bus Stats have been published online. The final ones for which I have contributed too.
https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/bus-statistics

WyreForestShuttle

The DfT will now allow capacity on buses at 50% in line with the current social distancing guidance.

WyreForestShuttle

The Prime Minister has just announced the entire country should board a bus with immediate effect:
https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/pm-statement-on-coronavirus-17-july-2020

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 17, 2020, 01:14:33 PM
The Prime Minister has just announced the entire country should board a bus with immediate effect:
https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/pm-statement-on-coronavirus-17-july-2020
Thank god I do not live in Wales as I would break every rule they have set. The Welsh Junta have published strict guidelines for using the bus in Wales  Including making it punishable by death if you run for bus, use a mobile phone on a bus, speak on a bus, read a Metro, sing on a bus or drink on a bus or wait for a bus standing under 2 meters.
https://gov.wales/travelling-safely-coronavirus-guidance-public

the trainbasher

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 17, 2020, 04:16:10 PM
Thank god I do not live in Wales as I would break every rule they have set. The Welsh Junta have published strict guidelines for using the bus in Wales  Including making it punishable by death if you run for bus, use a mobile phone on a bus, speak on a bus, read a Metro, sing on a bus or drink on a bus or wait for a bus standing under 2 meters.
https://gov.wales/travelling-safely-coronavirus-guidance-public

And I thought Krankie in Scotland was bad. It comes to something where the only decent administration is Stormont

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 17, 2020, 04:59:06 PM
And I thought Krankie in Scotland was bad. It comes to something where the only decent administration is Stormont
Fandabidozi @thetrainbasher

WyreForestShuttle

Rishi Sunak current Chancellor of the Exchequer has announced a spending review across all departments including the DfT. From a virtual meeting I had with the Minister for Buses, Baroness Vere of Norburton yesterday she seemed to indicate financial support post Covid-19for the bus industry would end in October 2020. If you have any comments to make to The Chancellor in regard for continuing financial support for the bus industry post his autumn statement please email your comments to:
public.enquiries@hmtreasury.gov.uk
but for your comment to be considered please make sure you include your full name and address with your comment. The bus industry needs continued financial support & The Treasury needs to know this is vital for the future of the bus industry in England.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 21, 2020, 02:52:57 PM
Rishi Sunak current Chancellor of the Exchequer has announced a spending review across all departments including the DfT. From a virtual meeting I had with the Minister for Buses, Baroness Vere of Norburton yesterday she seemed to indicate financial support post Covid-19for the bus industry would end in October 2020. If you have any comments to make to The Chancellor in regard for continuing financial support for the bus industry post his autumn statement please email your comments to:
but for your comment to be considered please make sure you include your full name and address with your comment. The bus industry needs continued financial support & The Treasury needs to know this is vital for the future of the bus industry in England.

Well rumour has it that the government want TFL in privaate hands, so goodness knows what will happen.

Personally i would prefer things to stay ass they are, I think Andy Street trying to rule the bus industry through the WMCA will mean that the bus services will become like TFL, ie: services are run by the cheapest bidder!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 21, 2020, 03:19:03 PM
Well rumour has it that the government want TFL in privaate hands, so goodness knows what will happen.

Personally i would prefer things to stay ass they are, I think Andy Street trying to rule the bus industry through the WMCA will mean that the bus services will become like TFL, ie: services are run by the cheapest bidder!
I can assure you @Stuharris 6360 the current Mayors aim is to operate in partnership with the bus operators through Quality Enhanced Partnerships which offer easy flexibility for passengers with West Midlands Bus  but not at the expense of the operators. If there is a change of administration next year then everything may change but I can assure you there is currently no desire to introduce bus franchising in the West Midlands County by the WMCA and with partnerships in mind Swift GO is about to go live on West Midlands Metro championed by The Mayor.
https://www.tfwm.org.uk/news/new-swift-go-guarantees-best-value-fare-on-metro/

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 21, 2020, 03:29:52 PM
I can assure you @Stuharris 6360 the current Mayors aim is to operate in partnership with the bus operators through Quality Enhanced Partnerships which offer easy flexibility for passengers with West Midlands Bus  but not at the expense of the operators. If there is a change of administration next year then everything may change but I can assure you there is currently no desire to introduce bus franchising in the West Midlands County by the WMCA

Personally I wouldn't trust a word he says, he may be saying that he isn't going to introduce bus franchising but as soon as the next mayoral election is won it suddenly gets introduced.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 21, 2020, 04:56:05 PM
Personally I wouldn't trust a word he says, he may be saying that he isn't going to introduce bus franchising but as soon as the next mayoral election is won it suddenly gets introduced.
Bus franchising will NOT be introduced in the West Midlands County by the current Mayor if he is relected unless Government legislation requires this West Midlands Bus will be expanded thru QEPs with the operators but there will be NO franchising along the TfGM model. In addition SWIFT GO has been released on West Midlands Metro which outlines the future partnerships The Mayor is championing between the Metro and Bus & Train operators.
https://www.tfwm.org.uk/news/new-swift-go-guarantees-best-value-fare-on-metro/

WyreForestShuttle

@Trident 4194 I have nothing against the Prime Minister repainting an RAF  aeroplane at all if it boosts UK Economic activity its money well spent my point was your comment was you said we don't have unlimited financing to fund everything my response was simply we do the Public Sector Borrowing Requirement can be secured against UK Net Reserves to allow both buses are not an optional extra but a fundamental requirement for the UK Economy which I urge you to remind The Treasury off.

WyreForestShuttle

Can I just remind everyone that the future of our hobby and industry could be in serious peril with what I found out from The Buses Minister yesterday over support for the bus industry from October and this is is far more important than personal thoughts about members of the forum such as myself who uses buses and operators 364 days a week & only comments about my personal use of The West Midlands County bus network even throughout the Covid-19 lockdown when no one was able to support our operators I continued to use the bus for essential hospital treatment & I thank the operators from the bottom of my heart to maintaing a vital bus service for those of us who needed to use it in lockdown & whatever you think of me at least I have found out where the operators stand from October and you can put your views to The Chancellor direct:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk